Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|Hunger Games Club|

+9
sandyverybeary3
Winterfun
Anita
servineallheart321
cyrus2hip594
AleciaAutumn10
MollyFlyer
Daize
HarryLove13
13 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

|Hunger Games Club| - Page 7 Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:45 am

Don't worry, I believe you |Hunger Games Club| - Page 7 Icon_razz I guess it might be possible.

1 point-
Unscramble this name.
SANKSIT

Katniss!
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Well, anyway, what do you think about the news that Madge is being left out of the movie?
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:19 pm

She's being left out of the movie? D: I didn't know that. Aw! Madge is pretty important. She gives Katniss her Mockingjay pin. Who's going to give it to her now?
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Apparently, now it's just going to be an item the Everdeens already have; Katniss pins it on Prim when they go to the reaping, then Prim gives it to her when they say their goodbyes. It doesn't make any sense to leave her out, really; she played a small role, but it was a vital one. It's good to establish that Katniss did have a friend outside of Gale.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryLove13 Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:34 pm

AleciaAutumn10 wrote:10 points-
Unscramble this name.
ATEPE

Peeta.

They don't really mention a lot of animals. Their's Buttercup and Lady, along with squirrels and I think deer that they mention? And some kind of turkey. Not to mention the Mutts.
10 points for D3 |Hunger Games Club| - Page 7 465488
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryLove13 Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:35 pm

MollyFlyer wrote:10 points-
What did the Gamemakers do to Katniss when things got too 'boring'?

Set the area on fire, setting off explosive charges around her.

And again, not all plagues affect animals. There's also mention of wolves out in the wild, and they raise fish and livestock to feed the districts. Remember Katniss enjoying the lamb stew?
10 pts for D2 |Hunger Games Club| - Page 7 465488
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryLove13 Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:36 pm

AleciaAutumn10 wrote:5 points-
Unscramble this name.
SHHTRE

Thresh.

Oh yeaaah. I guess your right. They don't really mention any rodents. I don't think I recall any rats?
5 pts for D3 |Hunger Games Club| - Page 7 465488
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryLove13 Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:37 pm

MollyFlyer wrote:1 point-
Where does Katniss sleep when in the arena? (When alone.)

In a tree, strapped to a branch by her belt.
1pt for D2 |Hunger Games Club| - Page 7 465488
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryLove13 Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:39 pm

AleciaAutumn10 wrote:Don't worry, I believe you |Hunger Games Club| - Page 7 Icon_razz I guess it might be possible.

1 point-
Unscramble this name.
SANKSIT

Katniss!
1 pt for D3 |Hunger Games Club| - Page 7 465488
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryLove13 Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:40 pm

MollyFlyer wrote:Apparently, now it's just going to be an item the Everdeens already have; Katniss pins it on Prim when they go to the reaping, then Prim gives it to her when they say their goodbyes. It doesn't make any sense to leave her out, really; she played a small role, but it was a vital one. It's good to establish that Katniss did have a friend outside of Gale.
Oh that's stupid...they could never afford to keep something like that! It would have been one of the first things they sold. It's mentioned that it is an item particularly high in value.
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryLove13 Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:42 pm

2nd Hunger Games have ended. Winner: District Three-70pts: AleciaAutumn10.
3rd Hunger Games begin.
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:18 am

5 points-
What does Katniss use wire for? (Hunger Games)

Well, in the second book, she helps Beetee by taking the wire down the arena along with Johanna to disable the forcefield around it. This way the people from District 13 are able to rescue them. I don't remember any wire in the first book?

What? Harry is definitely right, they probably would have sold it. I don't get the point of them having a mockingjay pin anyways.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:35 am

The pin's place in the series as a whole makes sense; but not as a trinket that Katniss would have around. IIRC she even comments about how much food it'd be worth when she first sees it on Madge, meaning there's no way it would survive those hard days when they were nearly starving to death.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Unless they make it in a way where maybe their mother had gotten it from her parents or something, and didn't wish to sell it. But, from what Katniss says with their starvation that caused them to search threw garbage cans, there would be no way they wouldn't sell it. Guess we'll have to wait and see how they explain that :S
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Or maybe they have something about how when they were desperate enough to sell, they couldn't find anyone who wanted to buy it. Not many in District 12 have the money to spend on fancy trinkets.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:08 am

I guess that's true too. Most people hardly have enough money to buy food. Did they say it was made of gold? Our was it like, plastic?
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:28 pm

They did specify it was gold. Probably not pure gold -- then it'd be way too soft to stand up to all that Katniss wears it through. But a solid alloy, still enough to be worth something. The way it's presented, most people in the district can only afford things as simple as cookies on special occasions at best; a gold pin is something few could indulge in buying on a whim.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Winterfun Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:29 am

I've heard that some people can only afford balloons.....
Winterfun
Winterfun
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:56 am

I don't recall any balloons in the books. And ballons would be even more of an indulgence -- they wouldn't last like a pin would, and you couldn't eat them like a cookie.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:00 am

Balloons would be more of a thing sold in the Capitol, they don't really celebrate a lot in most of the districts. I don't think anyone would buy it. How would they have been able to afford it anyways? I understand Katniss's mother used to have an Apothecary, but even that wasn't that big as a profession, and buying something made of gold must have cost a lot of money. They probably wouldn't be able to afford it. Kinda hard to believe.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:10 pm

Well, it was mentioned that Katniss' mother came from a well-to-do (for District 12) family; stuff like the good dress she lent Katniss that she had leftover from the old days. It could have been a family heirloom, a reminder of better days.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 am

I guess. But they don't really show better days. Maybe before the destruction of District 13? I guess it could be possible. But it's a mockingjay. They mention that they were made after the war they had, since the Capitol had invented Jabberjays to spy on enemies during the war. I don't think it could be a family heirloom, cause Mockingjays weren't even alive at the time they could probably even afford it. Who would even sell these kind of things in District 12? They could make it like, maybe their father found some gold when mining, and decided to smelt it and stuff. Though that's pretty unlikely too.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:22 am

I don't mean better-better days, as in days before the destruction of 13; just days when Katniss' mother lived in a slightly better area of District 12 and was of the class that could afford cake on special occasions.

The days before the destuction of 13 wouldn't be known by most of the characters in the series; the rebellion where 13 was 'destroyed' was 75 years prior to the first book, and what kicked off the Games. This was around the same time the Jabberjays were created, which makes it more plausible for Katniss' grandparents(from the more well-to-do part of town), say, to have the pin
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am

75 years? I guess it might be possible then. Though I still find it weird for gold to be anywhere in District 12.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:20 am

But they do have some things imported from other districts -- most of the food they eat would be shipped in, the grain for the bread and the meat for those who could afford to shop at a butcher and the textiles for clothes. It stands to reason that a few fancy items would have made their way from District 1 (where luxury goods come from).

Madge had to get it somewhere, after all.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next