Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|Hunger Games Club|

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty |Hunger Games Club|

Post by HarryLove13 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:20 pm

|Hunger Games Club| 302mlpe
Run by HarryLove13

Welcome to Bearville Guide Forum's own Hunger Games Club.
Here you will be able to access the latest information about this
wonderful series and upcoming movie. (March 23, 2012)
Just start out by filling the form, you will be put into a random
District so we can have equal numbers of 'tributes'.
Then feel free to chat and discuss the Hunger Games
and share anything you want. If you play games you
can earn points and every month those points can be
redeemed for bearbills or other prizes.


Rules
- By joining this club we are assuming you have read at least the first book so only information from Books 2 and 3 will be hidden.
- You MUST put any information about Books 2 and 3 in SPOILERS! We do not want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read those.
- The Hunger Games can be very violent, try not to focus on that too much.
- Follow all forum rules.
-All updates to the club will be posted on the front page and on a regular post.
-Capitol members don't earn points for games and are just part of moderating the club. *Ask about this option

Club Gallery
Click Here!


Form
Name:
BABV Name:
Books Read:
Who is your
favorite character?:
Are you planning
on watching the
upcoming movie?:



About the Hunger Games Series

The Hunger Games books are a series of dystopian novels written by Suzanne Collins. The first book, The Hunger Games, was released in September 2008. Ever since then, the books have become a phenomenon, many schools and adults read the books and they have become award-winners. After The Hunger Games, Catching Fire (Sep 2009) and Mockingjay (Aug 2010) were released. All together they are a wonderful and terrifying read!


Brief Summaries
Hunger Games

The protagonist of this book is Katniss Everdeen, a teenager who has become the 'man' of her family by providing her family with food by hunting after her father died in a mining accident. Katniss's best friend who is Gale Hawthorne, they frequently hunt together and have taught each other tricks for killing game.
Katniss lives in Panem, or the ruins of North America. The country is divided into twelve districts. As a way to control the citizens, after a failed rebellion, the Capitol makes each district send one boy and one girl to fight in the Hunger Games. There they have to fight each other until only one person survives. That person wins plenty of food for their family and a good home. Katniss gets chosen to go to the Hunger Games, along with Peeta, the boy who saved her life.
Peeta saved Katniss's life by giving her two loaves of burned bread when her family was starving due to lack of food and money. Katniss has never been able to pay Peeta back and feels like she owes her life to him.

That is all I will say about the Hunger Games, I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't read it.

Catching Fire
Spoiler:
Katniss and Peeta have outsmarted the Capitol and now they are furious. They are put into the 75th Hunger Games, or Quarter Quell, along with other victors of previous Games. Districts start rebelling against the Capitol and causing chaos. Katniss is threatened by President Snow but a rescue mission saves her from the Games along with other 'tributes'.

Mockingjay
Spoiler:
District 13 has resurfaced. Together with the help of Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Haymitch and other tributes a plan is made. The Capitol is infiltrated and attacked. War begins in all the districts. The Mockinjay team manages to overthrow the Capitol and their success brings freedom to all the Districts.


Members/Points

Capitol
HarryLove13-Owner
District 1-pts.

Daize-pts.
District 2-pts.
MollyFlyer-pts.
District 3-pts.
AleciaAutumn10-pts.
District 4-pts.
Cyrus2Hip594-pts.
District 5-pts.
ServineAllHeart321-pts.
District 6-pt
Anita-pt.
District 7
District 8
District 9
District 10
District 11
District 12

Games

Rules:
You may only answer 1 question per day.
Any other questions answered will be considered invalid.
If multiple questions are answered, the one with the lowest point value will be taken into consideration.
You must include the point value and instructions for your answer to receive point.
(Just Copy Paste 1 point-Instructions.)
At the end of the month, the District with the highest amount of points will earn 1,000 Paw-prints (divided among members of that district.)
Point balances will be cleared every month.
The last time to submit an entry for every month is 11:59 PM Pacific time on the last day of the month.

Trivia:

1 point-
Where does Katniss sleep when in the arena? (When alone.)

5 points-
What does Katniss use wire for? (Hunger Games)

10 points-
What did the Gamemakers do to Katniss when things got too 'boring'?

Word Jumble

1 point-Unscramble this name.
SANKSIT

5 points-Unscramble this name.
SHHTRE

10 points-Unscramble this name.
ATEPE





Updates/Announcements


11/3/11 2nd Hunger Games end, winner: District 3: AleciaAutumn10. 3rd Hunger Games begin.

10/21/11 New trivia and word jumbles added.

10/10/11 New trivia and word jumbles added.

10/1/11 New trivia and word jumbles added.

9/30/11 1st Hunger Games end, winner: District 3: AleciaAutumn10. 2nd Hunger Games begin.

9/29/11 District point rules updated, prize added, and new trivia and word jumbles added.

9/27/11 New trivia and word jumbles added.

9/23/11 New trivia and word jumbles added.

9/21/11 Game rules are added.

[font=Times New Roman]9/16/11 Hunger Games Club opens.


Last edited by HarryLove13 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 48 times in total
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by Daize on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Name: Daize
BABV Name: DaisyBear3635
Books Read: All three in the trilogy, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay
Who is your favorite character?: Finnick or Peeta
Are you planning on watching the upcoming movie?:Of course (:
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by HarryLove13 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Hunger Games Club Gallery

Contributions from Daize:
|Hunger Games Club| Hunger11
Code:
[img]http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/13/13/98/92/hunger11.png[/img]

|Hunger Games Club| Hunger12
Code:
[img]http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/13/13/98/92/hunger12.png[/img]


Last edited by HarryLove13 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:12 am; edited 3 times in total
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by Daize on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:30 am

What is the name of Prim's cat?
Buttercup.

The poor section of District 12, where Katniss lives, is called?
The Seam.

District 12 is located in a region that is currently known as?
Um, North America? Or like, only District 12? I think, California? [x

CHATHIMY BANHATRYE
Haymitch Abernathy

PHATCURL VANBESEEHE
Plutarch Heavensbee
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by MollyFlyer on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:28 am

Name: Molly
BABV Name: MollyFlyer
Books Read: Halfway through the thrid
Who is your favorite character?: Katniss
Are you planning on watching the upcoming movie?: Maybe. I've been burned by adaptations before; I'll wait and see.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:36 am

Name: AleciaAutumn10
BABV Name: AleciaAutumn10
Books Read: I've read the whole trilogy twice |Hunger Games Club| 143839
Who is your favorite character?: I liked Boggs, Finnick, Gale, and Mags. I can't choose out of them :L
Are you planning on watching the upcoming movie?: If it releases where I live, then yess.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by HarryLove13 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:16 pm

Daize wrote:What is the name of Prim's cat?
Buttercup.

The poor section of District 12, where Katniss lives, is called?
The Seam.

District 12 is located in a region that is currently known as?
Um, North America? Or like, only District 12? I think, California? [x

CHATHIMY BANHATRYE
Haymitch Abernathy

PHATCURL VANBESEEHE
Plutarch Heavensbee
Congratulations you won 17pts for D1, your third answer is incorrect thought, I am looking for a more specific answer mentioned in the book. You can try again.
MollyFlyer wrote:Name: Molly
BABV Name: MollyFlyer
Books Read: Halfway through the thrid
Who is your favorite character?: Katniss
Are you planning on watching the upcoming movie?: Maybe. I've been burned by adaptations before; I'll wait and see.
Welcome! You have been put in District 2, you can start earning points by answering the questions |Hunger Games Club| 465488 You also get 1 pt for joining |Hunger Games Club| 465488
AleciaAutumn10 wrote:Name: AleciaAutumn10
BABV Name: AleciaAutumn10
Books Read: I've read the whole trilogy twice |Hunger Games Club| 143839
Who is your favorite character?: I liked Boggs, Finnick, Gale, and Mags. I can't choose out of them :L
Are you planning on watching the upcoming movie?: If it releases where I live, then yess.
Welcome! You have been put in District 3, you can start earning points by answering the questions |Hunger Games Club| 465488 You also get 1 pt for joining |Hunger Games Club| 465488
p.s. my favorite character is Finnick too |Hunger Games Club| 465488
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by MollyFlyer on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:24 pm

The 10-point trivia question -- District 12 is located in the area currently known as the Appalachian mountains.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by HarryLove13 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:27 pm

MollyFlyer wrote:The 10-point trivia question -- District 12 is located in the area currently known as the Appalachian mountains.
That is correct |Hunger Games Club| 465488 10 pts have been awarded to D2.
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:07 pm

How did Katniss's father die?
In a coal mining accident; the mine had collapsed.

What is the name of the capitol city?
The Capitol. The whole little country is called Panem.

EDIT;

Unscramble this name.
ERRSPIOM ENDEVERE

Primrose Everdeen.

Unscramble this name.
ELMGRIM

Glimmer.

Unscramble this name.
CARSEA CLAMFENIRK


Caesar Flickerman.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by HarryLove13 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:59 pm

AleciaAutumn10 wrote:How did Katniss's father die?
In a coal mining accident; the mine had collapsed.

What is the name of the capitol city?
The Capitol. The whole little country is called Panem.

EDIT;

Unscramble this name.
ERRSPIOM ENDEVERE

Primrose Everdeen.

Unscramble this name.
ELMGRIM

Glimmer.

Unscramble this name.
CARSEA CLAMFENIRK


Caesar Flickerman.
They are all correct you get 22pts for D3, about question two, I meant to write what is the name of the capital, and the answer would have been the Capitol, but you are correct so you get the points |Hunger Games Club| 465488
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by Daize on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:41 pm

What is Katniss's mother's occupation?
Healer. Or you can call her a doctor/nurse.

Who gives Katniss her Mockingjay pin?
Madge Undersee, the mayor's daughter and Katniss' friend.

The capitol is located in a region that is currently known as?
Rocky Mountains

FEEIF NETTIRK
Effie Trinket

NAESEC NACRE
Seneca Crane




Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:12 am

Unscramble this name.
ZEHALLE WARTHENHO

Hazelle Hawthorne.

The capitol is located in a region that is currently known as?

This is just a guess, but is it Colorado or Utah?
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by HarryLove13 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:23 am

Daize wrote:What is Katniss's mother's occupation?
Healer. Or you can call her a doctor/nurse.

Who gives Katniss her Mockingjay pin?
Madge Undersee, the mayor's daughter and Katniss' friend.

The capitol is located in a region that is currently known as?
Rocky Mountains

FEEIF NETTIRK
Effie Trinket

NAESEC NACRE
Seneca Crane

22pts. for D1
AleciaAutumn10 wrote:Unscramble this name.
ZEHALLE WARTHENHO

Hazelle Hawthorne.

The capitol is located in a region that is currently known as?

This is just a guess, but is it Colorado or Utah?
Daize answered correctly, it's the Rockies |Hunger Games Club| 465488 so you get points for question 1, 10 pts. to D3.
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by Daize on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:01 pm

How many pets does Prim have + their names?
Lady, a goat, and Buttercup, a cat.

What names are picked from the glass ball by Effie Trinket on the reaping day?
Primrose Everdeen and Peeta Mellark.

What is tesserae?
If a child wishes to, they can opt for tesserae. The family of that child gets some money to afford grains and oil for one person [it's still not that sufficient]. The name of that child gets entered one more time, which hires the chances of their name getting called out.

PATEE LARKELM
Peeta Mellark❤

OCULARIONS OWNS
[I hope I spelled this right] Coroilanus Snow?

Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by HarryLove13 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Daize wrote:How many pets does Prim have + their names?
Lady, a goat, and Buttercup, a cat.

What names are picked from the glass ball by Effie Trinket on the reaping day?
Primrose Everdeen and Peeta Mellark.

What is tesserae?
If a child wishes to, they can opt for tesserae. The family of that child gets some money to afford grains and oil for one person [it's still not that sufficient]. The name of that child gets entered one more time, which hires the chances of their name getting called out.

PATEE LARKELM
Peeta Mellark❤

OCULARIONS OWNS
[I hope I spelled this right] Coroilanus Snow?

WOO! I am going to have to start setting limits lol.
22 points for D1! Coriolanus Snow is the correct name but that is close enough |Hunger Games Club| 465488
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by MollyFlyer on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:09 pm

1 point
When was the first time Peeta saved Katniss's life?

When he tossed the burnt bread to her.

5 points
Name the head stylists for Peeta and Katniss.
Cinna for Katniss, Portia for Peeta

10 points
What was Katniss afraid the stylists might make her wear for the opening ceremony?

Nothing but coal dust
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by Daize on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:19 pm

HarryLove13 wrote:
WOO! I am going to have to start setting limits lol.
22 points for D1! Coriolanus Snow is the correct name but that is close enough |Hunger Games Club| 465488
Haha ;D
Alright, thanks. I'll try and remember his name next time.

ELMGRIM
Glimmer.
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by HarryLove13 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:33 pm

MollyFlyer wrote:1 point
When was the first time Peeta saved Katniss's life?

When he tossed the burnt bread to her.

5 points
Name the head stylists for Peeta and Katniss.
Cinna for Katniss, Portia for Peeta

10 points
What was Katniss afraid the stylists might make her wear for the opening ceremony?

Nothing but coal dust
16 points for D2! Congrats |Hunger Games Club| 465488
Daize wrote:
HarryLove13 wrote:
WOO! I am going to have to start setting limits lol.
22 points for D1! Coriolanus Snow is the correct name but that is close enough |Hunger Games Club| 465488
Haha ;D
Alright, thanks. I'll try and remember his name next time.

ELMGRIM
Glimmer.
1 Point for D1 |Hunger Games Club| 465488


Once the other two word jumbles are answered I am going to set a limit and I will make an announcement |Hunger Games Club| 465488 No new questions for now.
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by MollyFlyer on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Heh, I'm just glad I got the answers in when I did -- I never seemed to get her at the right time to get new questions.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:42 am

LEDLY GCWRRTAIHT

Delly Cartwright?

ASZENNU IOLSNIC

Suzanne Coliins? Shouldn't it be 2 L's? |Hunger Games Club| Icon_razz
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by Daize on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:49 am

LEDLY GCWRRTAIHT
Delly Cartwright.

The last one is hard, I've been trying to put something together for a good fifteen minutes, and I can't get it.
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by cyrus2hip594 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Name:Cyrus2Hip594
BABV Name:Cyrus2Hip594
Books Read:Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mocking Jay
Who is your
favorite character?: Rue
Spoiler:
R.I.P <3

Are you planning
on watching the
upcoming movie?: Of Course ;D



( District I love ) : District 11 ( Rue |Hunger Games Club| 597500 )
cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by HarryLove13 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:35 pm

AleciaAutumn10 wrote:LEDLY GCWRRTAIHT

Delly Cartwright?

ASZENNU IOLSNIC

Suzanne Coliins? Shouldn't it be 2 L's? |Hunger Games Club| Icon_razz
That is correct! Bonus point for the error you caught! 16 pts. for D3
Daize wrote:LEDLY GCWRRTAIHT
Delly Cartwright.

The last one is hard, I've been trying to put something together for a good fifteen minutes, and I can't get it.
Alecia already solved both of them |Hunger Games Club| 465488 The second one had an error, 2 i's instead of 2 l's. Sorry!
cyrus2hip594 wrote:Name:Cyrus2Hip594
BABV Name:Cyrus2Hip594
Books Read:Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mocking Jay
Who is your
favorite character?: Rue
Spoiler:
R.I.P <3

Are you planning
on watching the
upcoming movie?: Of Course ;D

( District I love ) : District 11 ( Rue |Hunger Games Club| 597500 )
Welcome you are now a member of D4! You earn 1 point for joining and you can earn more by answering questions |Hunger Games Club| 465488
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by HarryLove13 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:37 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT
Please look at the new game rules listed on the first post. Failure to follow those rules will result in no points.
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear


Back to top Go down

|Hunger Games Club| Empty Re: |Hunger Games Club|

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum