Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6

5 posters

Go down

How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Empty How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6

Post by emmie Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:21 pm

Hello! okay this is a guide on how to make a transparent picture on gimp 2.6 lol How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 1107968042
okay here are the steps

1. open gimp and then open your picture you want like this
How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Gimp110

2.make sure it is a certain person and not like a blend i'm using a babv charatcer for an example (: How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Gimp210

3. get your scissors i circled them in the picture (:
How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Gimp310

4. Now cut around the picture and then all the way to the ball where you started, and then click on the middle of picture so that the lines appear How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Gimp410

5.after you do step 4, click on your left right mouse button and then click copy How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Gimp510

6. open a new layer
How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Gimp610

7.make sure it is the same size as the picture by leaving the number size as it is, and then click on the advanced buttton and then click transparency How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Gimp710

8. this is what the transparent new tab should look like
How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Gimp810

9.then you click your left right mouse button again and then press paste into,
How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Gimp910

10. now go to layers; and then click anchor
How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Gimp1010

11.now here are the resaults!! How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 1107968042 oh yeah and make sure to save as png!! for best archiving pics when you post 'em
How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Gimp1110

Thanks again!

Last edited by emmie on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Empty Re: How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6

Post by Bear Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:50 pm

Great tutorial! How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 143839
I'm not sure if it's like this in Gimp, but in Photoshop you can just cut out the rest of the content of the image by going to Edit > Clear, or Ctrl + X at Step 3.
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 Empty Re: How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6

Post by emmie Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:15 am

Bear wrote:Great tutorial! How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 143839
I'm not sure if it's like this in Gimp, but in Photoshop you can just cut out the rest of the content of the image by going to Edit > Clear, or Ctrl + X at Step 3.

no, that didn't work for me, you must be talking about your photoshop thing though but thanks Bear! How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 143839
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by princess M Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:56 am

Awesome thx so much very helpful tutorial!
princess M
princess M
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BriannalovesBABV Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 am

I cant upload it x[[[ it says it doesnt allow that file type..
BriannalovesBABV
BriannalovesBABV
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 am

BriannalovesBABV wrote:I cant upload it x[[[ it says it doesnt allow that file type..

Did you save it as .PNG? And which IMG hosting site are you using? All the pictures I have are always .PNG How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 143839 I've also just uploaded it on the Servimg that we have on the forums and it works, and also Tinypic too How to make a Transparent Picture on Gimp 2.6 143839

Last edited by Bear on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by emmie Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:28 am

BriannalovesBABV wrote:I cant upload it x[[[ it says it doesnt allow that file type..

yeah, Bear is right they must be png images and not jpg or somethin'
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BriannalovesBABV Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:13 am

It doesn't show up, just shows the dog face holding a paint brush, not the picture like it always is. Yes i saved it correctly. I followed it.
BriannalovesBABV
BriannalovesBABV
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by emmie Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:14 am

i'm very sorry your having Trouble Brianna,
I will try myself and let you know!
asap thanks for your patience!
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexaAngel180 Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:57 pm

it worked for me! thanks for the great guide!
AlexaAngel180
AlexaAngel180
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down