Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My story...

2 posters

Go down

My story... Empty My story...

Post by Hannah892 Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:29 am

I wrote this for AG magazine wiritng contest. Hope you all like it.

“Lexie, you’d better wake up and get ready if you want to go to the festivities,” called my mom.
It was July 4th. A day my family loved to celebrate. The town we live in has a special fair every year on the 4th of July. My family never misses it.
I picked out a white and blue shirt and red shorts. I loved to dress in patriotic colors on July 4th. I went downstairs to eat my breakfast.
“Mom, I was wondering if Hailey could ride with us?” Asked my younger sister, Alex.
“Sure. I think that would be okay.”
Well, that just dampened my mood. I don’t have a best friend like Alex. I just don’t have that special thing for making friends. Now my sister’s friend is coming which means I’ll be hanging out with no one.
“Alex, are you sure she doesn’t want to go with her parents?” I questioned, hoping she hadn’t thought of that.
“She was the one who asked me!”
“Oh,” my voice sounded drab.
After a wonderful breakfast we all grabbed our duffle bags and headed for the fair.
The first activity was a three-legged race. I wasn’t going to enter until a girl came up and asked me if I would race with her.
“Sure! Why not?” I said. And the best part: we won!
The next activity was jumping off of a diving board into a 15 feet deep pool! I wasn’t going to do it until the girl who raced with me insisted on it. I loved it! I decided to do it three more times after that.
Then came lunch. Too bad the girl didn’t eat lunch with me. I was waiting in line, which was a huge one, for desert. That’s when I saw the girl in front of me. I wanted to say something, but just couldn’t find the words. Then she spoke:
“Hi, remember me? I guess you do. I think we should introduce ourselves. My name is Anna. I’m 13 years old. I moved here about a year ago.”
“Um,” I stuttered. Not able to figure out what to say. “I’m Lexie. I’m 12 years old. I’ll be 13 in December. I’ve lived in this town all of my life. And I’m waiting here for desert.”
We both laughed at that one.
“Would you like to watch the fireworks with me and my family?” asked Anna.
“I’d love too!” We were talking and laughing for as long as it took for us to get our desert. And that was a while.
After eating we went to play the next activity. This one was a Tug-of-War contest. Unfortunately we lost. But hey, we were going against 3 boys.
Next were the fireworks. Did we ever enjoy them! They were amazing.
“Good-bye, Lexi,” Anna said after the fireworks had ended.
“Wait! Can’t we exchange phone-numbers?”
“I didn’t think you’d ask!”
The next day I decided I would call Anna. This is the amazing part I found out while we were talking: she lives across the street from me! I went over to her house and we played games and shared secrets. I knew from the moment she told me her secret, I could trust her with mine. I was getting ready to leave her house at 6:00 PM, that Friday evening. I hated to leave. If only I could spend the night. Then it hit me: maybe I could! I called my mom to find out.
“Lexi, we just met these people.”
“But Mom, they leave right across from us and you could always come over and check on me if you wanted.”
“They seem trustworthy enough. I guess it’ll be okay.”
“YES!!”
“On one condition.”
“I knew there was a catch.”
“Alex really wants to come. She’s wanted to come over all day. So ask if she can stay too.”
“Yes, ma’am,” I can’t believe I have to let my sister come over too. She’s nine years old and will probably want to play baby games.
Anna came in and asked, “What did she say?”
“She said yes, only if you can let Alex come over too,” You could tell by the tone of my voice that I didn’t like this idea.
“I have a younger brother. He always stays at a friend’s house every Friday and his friend’s mom brings him home around 7:00 P.M. every Friday evening. Maybe she can play with him. He’s eight years old.”
“Perfect!”
The evening was actually fun. Even though my sister was there for two hours before she would leave us alone. It was while we were playing checkers that Anna popped a HUGE question on me.
“Who’s your best friend?”
“Umm, I…” I couldn’t bear to tell her I didn’t have any friends except for her.
“I have a best friend back in Illinois. I miss her a lot. I wish I could see her again,” Anna said, sounding down.
“Oh.”
“You sound glum. Did I say something to upset you?”
“It’s just…” I was starting to cry now. “I thought I was your best friend. The truth is I’ve never had a good friend before. I thought you would be the one girl I could count on to be there and the girl I could share secrets with. I guess not. I guess not, because you have the one friend in Illinois.
“Don’t say or think that ever again! I was going to finish. I was going to ask if you wanted to be friends. Best friends. I can have more than one best friend you know. Any girl can.”
“I…I…guess so,” I said between sniffles.
“Sure, now that I can’t see her anymore we talk over the phone. I’ll even introduce you to her. She’d love to be friends with the both of us!”
“That…would be…awesome!”
“Let’s go eat some pizza!”
“Okay!”
“Hey, do you want to make friendship bracelets? We could make three and send one to Susan. That’s her name.”
“That would be so cool! But you forgot one thing.”
“What’s that?”
“You forgot that I wanted to talk to her and meet her first!”
We were laughing for a couple of minutes after that. I now know that Anna is the greatest friend out there. And I know she’ll always be sticking by my side!

The End
Hannah892
Hannah892
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

My story... Empty Re: My story...

Post by LoraDazzle4 Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:45 am

Awww, I am sure you will win!♥
It's an awesome story! Reminds me of something heeh (:
LoraDazzle4
LoraDazzle4