Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version)

4 posters

Go down

How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) Empty How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version)

Post by Bear Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:42 pm

How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 4p7qg

This tutorial will teach you how to make a beam around a person, object... whatever you want to make the beam around. This tutorial can be used with Photoshop, any version because they all basically have the same features.

1. Get a photo of a celebrity, your BABV character... or something that you want to put a beam around. Once you have the photo, upload it onto your canvas. Here is mine:
How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 28cgaq9

2. MAKE A NEW LAYER!!! (by clicking Ctrl+Shift+N or Layer>New>Layer)
This part is very important, the new layer is where the beam will go.

Select the new layer & switch over to the pen tool. Make sure you're settings are like mine in the picture below.
How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 16bdcvq

Once you have your settings like that, start making a beam around the person. You will need to make curved lines, if you don't know how, click HERE for a tutorial on how to.

3. Your photo should now look something like this with the beam (just basically a swirl, or curved lines, doesn't have to be exactly like mine, be creative!
How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 2s01uyo

Make sure you are still on the Pen Tool, now right click on your mouse and select "Stroke Path".
How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 10f2td0

4. Make sure your settings are like mine, you don't necessary need to "stimulate pressure" but this makes it less thick at the ends and thicker in the middle part.
How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 2vd5lat

Now once you've done that your photo should look like this.
How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 25iswfa

5. Now right-click again to delete your path.
How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 28i0wf6

Here is my final product, you can use the lasso or eraser tool to delete the beams you don't want that overlap the body, you can alternate it, or just erase the part you don't want over the face. Whatever you want How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 143839 I've added a gradient overlay, and some outer glow for my finished product.
How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 2j3lamu

Last edited by Bear on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) Empty Re: How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version)

Post by princess M Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:26 am

hey bear thx i did it i want to make it my siggy but it won't show up How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 951883 what to do?
princess M
princess M
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) Empty Re: How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version)

Post by Bear Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:12 am

princess M wrote:hey bear thx i did it i want to make it my siggy but it won't show up How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 951883 what to do?

Do you mean the image that you've made and it doesn't show up in your siggy? Or the beam in the image doesn't show up?
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BriannalovesBABV Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:16 am

Thanks. I'll make a tutorial for beginners (:
-EDIT-
Here is my first try:
How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) Abc10
BriannalovesBABV
BriannalovesBABV
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:27 pm

BriannalovesBABV wrote:Thanks. I'll make a tutorial for beginners (:
-EDIT-
Here is my first try:
How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) Abc10

Cool! I love it How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 465488 It takes practice to use the pen tool, at first it was hard for me. You can also use the lasso or eraser tool etc to remove the beam so it doesn't cover the BABV character's face.
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BriannalovesBABV Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Ah, thanks. Ive been getting better. I want it to be thicker, though. I dont know how to do that. When I do it, its just a glow (idk how I got the black line)
BriannalovesBABV
BriannalovesBABV
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:50 am

BriannalovesBABV wrote:Ah, thanks. Ive been getting better. I want it to be thicker, though. I dont know how to do that. When I do it, its just a glow (idk how I got the black line)

Hey Brianna, I've just made a tutorial on how to do it on gimp, its more specific etc.

You can look at it here:
http://www.bearvilleguide.com/t55188-how-to-make-beams-gimp-any-version#776781
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by emmie Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:46 am

great guide! i use mine on gimp though;
but i'll show you how mine came out on gimp!
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:03 am

lollipops511 wrote:great guide! i use mine on gimp though;
but i'll show you how mine came out on gimp!

That's great How to Make a Beam: Photoshop (any version) 465488 I've also made a guide to day showing how to do it on Gimp.
http://www.bearvilleguide.com/t55188-how-to-make-a-beam-gimp-any-version
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by emmie Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:05 am

oh yeah i saw that right after i posted sorry about that :/
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down