Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Soft Brush Blend Technique

2 posters

Go down

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Soft Brush Blend Technique Empty How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Soft Brush Blend Technique

Post by Bear Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:19 am

How to make a Simple Blend: Soft Brush Blend Technique

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Soft Brush Blend Technique O5rgn7

This tutorial will teach you how to make a very simple blend. I made this on Photoshop, and it can be used on any version as most of the versions of Photoshop still has the same features. You can also try in Gimp etc, I'm pretty sure it will have the same features just it will look a bit different. If you used this tutorial to make a graphic, I'd appreciate it if you could post the graphic here, I would love to see what you have made with the tutorial I have provided for you! I have two techniques, The Soft Brush technique and the Lasso Feather technique. You can see the other technique in my other tutorial thread.

Find two photos of a celebrity, preferably from the same photoshoot/scene because it looks better since we aren't cropping the background.

2. Go to your editing software and open a file and place your photos side by side, resize/crop your photos if needed.

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Soft Brush Blend Technique 2rdk8s5

3. Select the top layer, and put the overlapping unnecessary part that you don't want of the graphic over the layer beneath, that is the part you are going to erase. In my case, the unnecessary thing is the white background. Crop the leftover part of the image canvas.

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Soft Brush Blend Technique 2dlt5cn

4. Now select the Eraser tool, and change the brush to a brush with the hardness of 0. It looks like this...

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Soft Brush Blend Technique Rwsy81

5. After you select that brush, erase the excess part that isn't necessary.
(the part that you overlayed over the layer beneath).

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Soft Brush Blend Technique Xndnc0

And I added some effects and stuff, here is the final product!
How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Soft Brush Blend Technique 13zsnxx

Last edited by Bear on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:01 am; edited 3 times in total
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Soft Brush Blend Technique Empty Re: How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Soft Brush Blend Technique

Post by emmie Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:58 am

great guide Bear!i'll try to do that! and post my resaults asap!
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down