Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bear valley app free vs $4.99

+2
karenbearhug
goCards
6 posters

Go down

bear valley app free vs $4.99 Empty bear valley app free vs $4.99

Post by goCards Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:18 pm

I see there is another app available to apple iOS users.
First - any chance both apps will be available for other platforms - android or windows? I see interesting possibilities - Perform musical “Bear Bops”, Beauty Pageants, and Fashion Shows at the outdoor theater
Second - free vs. pay for versions. the descriptions seem the same.
Third - any advantage to putting animal id codes through app vs. normal bearville.com?
bear valley app free vs $4.99 2013bearvalley_zps19037933
from babw website http://www.buildabear.com/shopping/contents/content.jsp?catId=1000015&id=1700037
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

bear valley app free vs $4.99 Empty Re: bear valley app free vs $4.99

Post by karenbearhug Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:11 am

I downloaded the free version this morning. It is extremely basic and limited. Looks to me like its for pretty young kids. The difference between the free and purchased versions is that the purchased version has more "adventures" and areas to explore. The free version hounds you continuously to purchase the other.

I really don't like that clothes are unlocked as you increase in levels. You have to purchase clothes for a bear as part of the first level - but the only shoes available are pink heels! The boy bears look ridiculous in the options provided. It surprises me that a company so progressive in letting kids express themselves in any way they want would allow this.
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayda❤ Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:56 pm

Looks cute. But it would be kind of nice if you could download it on a android phone. ;3
Jayda❤
Jayda❤
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:42 am

Not sure if the bears I see walking around are other players' bears? Though it's great to have more ways to use bear codes for, I don't feel the need to purchase the full version. I don't know if the limited version has failed to convince me or what but I would still rather play Bearville. bear valley app free vs $4.99 827708 
Admin
Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:46 am

karenbearhug wrote:I really don't like that clothes are unlocked as you increase in levels. You have to purchase clothes for a bear as part of the first level - but the only shoes available are pink heels! The boy bears look ridiculous in the options provided. It surprises me that a company so progressive in letting kids express themselves in any way they want would allow this.

Lol! I know! It's ludicrous! My bear's name is Chuck and there's no way I'd let him wear pink heels!!! There should have been basic items both for male and female!
Admin
Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:39 am

love the graphics of this game! bear valley app free vs $4.99 250971490 
Lexi
Lexi
Chief Officer/Book Critic

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:00 am

Admin wrote:Not sure if the bears I see walking around are other players' bears? Though it's great to have more ways to use bear codes for, I don't feel the need to purchase the full version. I don't know if the limited version has failed to convince me or what but I would still rather play Bearville. bear valley app free vs $4.99 827708 

I agree! Not going to be running out to purchase the full app. Even if they decided to add bonus codes to the app, I wouldn't buy it. Bearville is still much better. I don't think the bears walking around are other players, but maybe just extra graphics?
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by kristylucky1 Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Oh cool, I'm gonna download it and see how fun it is bear valley app free vs $4.99 610897
kristylucky1
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:01 am

has anyone progressed past level 3 in the free version? we did get better shoe choices at that level, though not sure what else the free game allows..
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

bear valley app free vs $4.99 Empty much more instant gratification than free version and even bearville.com of late.

Post by goCards Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:36 am

can level up quickly in paid version.(did not keep free version earnings or anything else)
find items for quest very easy. (too easy)
is more value to us than paying $5 for virtual animal on bearville.com. (all ours have been without cost. Jr. cbg and one from buying a gift card).
wanting apple id to look for other users and access to photo s on device is not familar. not seeing any other real users without inputting this id for ..
much more instant gratification than free version and even bearville.com of late.
have cottage (upgraded to mansion) and furniture -- now feels more like permanent game.
not finding any indication of transfer resources to bearville.com have not found any codes yet.
really like the theater where it uses animals I have for play scenes like snow white or whatever. trying to guess what the story is is interesting as well as seeing the animals dressing up.
25 is the last level so far, can still get more degrees from the college and occasionally find something new. but seems finished, just reruns so far, no updates.
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:42 am

goCards wrote:can level up quickly in paid version.(did not keep free version earnings or anything else)
find items for quest very easy. (too easy)
is more value to us than paying $5 for virtual animal on bearville.com. (all ours have been without cost. Jr. cbg and one from buying a gift card).
wanting apple id to look for other users and access to photo s on device is not familar. not seeing any other real users without inputting this id for ..
much more instant gratification than free version and even bearville.com of late.
have cottage (upgraded to mansion) and furniture -- now feels more like permanent game.
not finding any indication of transfer resources to bearville.com have not found any codes yet.
really like the theater where it uses animals I have for play scenes like snow white or whatever. trying to guess what the story is is interesting as well as seeing the animals dressing up.
25 is the last level so far, can still get more degrees from the college and occasionally find something new. but seems finished, just reruns so far, no updates.
I think it depends on what a player wants from a game. As for myself, I like trading and socializing with friends, I like to challenge myself and do my daily tasks and reap rewards from it, which is why Bearville will always be better than any other Build-A-Bear related Apps. "Instant gratification" just doesn't work for me; it's pointless. It's easy to let go of, compared to something you worked hard for.

I still think $5 is EXPENSIVE for a very simple game such as Bear Valley. I'd rather buy a real bear, then redeem the virtual version on Bearville.com. Win-win.

My 2 cents. bear valley app free vs $4.99 465488
Admin
Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

bear valley app free vs $4.99 Empty not an awesome app

Post by goCards Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:41 pm

Agreed. wanted to know what the development money is being spent on. now I have some idea. not an awesome app. hoping updates add features and levels but not highly expected.
those in our household that were doing daily tasks on bearville.com are still doing daily tasks on bearville.
Someone wanted the app around their birthday and ended up with a free used iphone from a relative. is the only iphone app we have paid for. was more for curiosity than expected value. finished most levels in less than a day and a half.
Have mentioned bearville.com is the reason we buy babw items directly to Maxine and other babw execs we have come in contact with at babw.
Still want codes when pay for complete outfit like Spiderman or Cardinals.
Bearville.com has been an excellent value for its time. I am thinking quests and such should not be a thing of the past, but am not hearing any indication of future features.
Maybe castle theme can be repeated for another My Little Pony launch..small fries not mini s for the online features.
Was in attendence when more than forty bears were given away at a retirement home last month by a private family. Is an interesting twist on retiring animals..
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:01 pm

goCards wrote:Agreed. wanted to know what the development money is being spent on. now I have some idea. not an awesome app. hoping updates add features and levels but not highly expected.
those in our household that were doing daily tasks on bearville.com are still doing daily tasks on bearville.
Someone wanted the app around their birthday and ended up with a free used iphone from a relative. is the only iphone app we have paid for. was more for curiosity than expected value. finished most levels in less than a day and a half.
Have mentioned bearville.com is the reason we buy babw items directly to Maxine and other babw execs we have come in contact with at babw.
Still want codes when pay for complete outfit like Spiderman or Cardinals.
Bearville.com has been an excellent value for its time. I am thinking quests and such should not be a thing of the past, but am not hearing any indication of future features.
Maybe castle theme can be repeated for another My Little Pony launch..small fries not mini s for the online features.
Was in attendence when more than forty bears were given away at a retirement home last month by a private family. Is an interesting twist on retiring animals..
That's right. Very well said, mate! I also thought you were more curious about the App than actually wanting to play it. And thank you for sharing!

You have great ideas! Hopefully on of the Cyberguides will jot down. Honestly, I don't know what they were thinking putting their money on building apps than enhancing Bearville. bear valley app free vs $4.99 171769 
Admin
Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down