Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Miss the Old Bearville

+6
haileybighugs2
BearvilleEmilyofnature
Loveablegirl
xoxoclaryxoxo22
MollyFlyer
Dillonus
10 posters

Go down

I Miss the Old Bearville Empty I Miss the Old Bearville

Post by Dillonus Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:54 am

I remember when it was still called Build-a-Bearville.

And I've noticed that lately... well it seems like the game hasn't been updated. And what I mean by that is, the Paws for Nature hasn't been updated in months. The cloud items from seeds were supposed to be unavailable by the beginning of May, and it's June and you can still get them. There hasn't been a Chloe Show in ages, the Furtastic Fountain hasn't had a theme in years. And the Bearville Times articles, the front page news, isn't interesting, this weeks it's "Pawsome Pics."

Today I went to the BNN to ask Bearemy if we were having Camp Happy Heart this year, because we haven't heard any news about it and I don't know what month it usually takes place in. And as I was leaving, I saw the empty Chloe Show studio.

After that, I went to the Libeary, the only place I know of to walk down memory lane. And I opened up the first (archived) Bearville Times. July 1st, 2008. The main article was about the first carnival, which was in the Pawforming Arts Center. I looked over the photos, the characters' names in plain black text. The exclusive interview with Chloe Rocks. The winners of the first Camp Happy Heart. How the pawsome pics used to have small paragraphs instead of just "So-and-soHip9673" and her friends.

And I was reading through the old articles when it hit me. This game has gone through so many changes, some amazing and some... not so good. I've been playing since 2008, I've seen the "golden age" of Bearville, and even though I might be "too old" to play games like these now, I don't plan on quitting. And I'm just hoping that maybe sometime soon, maybe even this summer, Bearville will change again, for the better, and more people will play again, and people will start to actually talk to each other again, and make friends, and have loads of fun. I play Bearville everyday, and I hope that that routine won't ever end.
Dillonus
Dillonus
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

I Miss the Old Bearville Empty Re: I Miss the Old Bearville

Post by MollyFlyer Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:45 am

I like the badges. I like that cub condo rooms are a bit bigger than they used to be. And I didn't mind at first that the furniture was still being harvested, because otherwise I would've missed the high-backed chair . . . though it'd have been the same to me if they retired everything but the badge seed furniture (since otherwise only the crazy-awesome people who finished quickly would get it).

Oh, and the Cubazine says that CHH will start on July 1.

Change isn't always bad. But I do miss some of the old days -- when there were updates, when the fountain meant 15 new items every month instead of maybe two among a load of repeats, when the forums were active and you could always find someone to trade with who wasn't just interested in EFTs and bunny glasses . . . *sigh*
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoclaryxoxo22 Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:39 am

I also miss the old Bearville:(
xoxoclaryxoxo22
xoxoclaryxoxo22
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveablegirl Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:35 am

Yeah i kinda do miss the old bearville days where all of my friends would be on just about every day. now everyone has left and there not much to do in bearville but sometimes change is good though
Loveablegirl
Loveablegirl
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BearvilleEmilyofnature Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:38 am

I only joined in 2011 but i had an old account which got hacked back then when it was good. every time i go to play furtastic fountain i always get the same item
BearvilleEmilyofnature
BearvilleEmilyofnature
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by haileybighugs2 Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:36 pm

I see where you're coming from I Miss the Old Bearville 465488 I joined in 2008 and wow has it changed a lot! BABW was huge and had a lot more marketing, and I've noticed I don't see bearville stuff all over. And I know kids who are now 8-11 don't know what bearville is.....and change is good. I haven't been on this forum in a good year and change can sometimes be postive, as I see it is on here I Miss the Old Bearville 465488
haileybighugs2
Forum Assist/Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:06 am

I was looking at 2010 major changes to bearville. we were so excited about the enchanted ponies and zoo rides.
Spent alot of time in the bearville zoo lately to get the library from growth badge. the badges did not work for us on the old bearville. it was supposed to give more storage, but ours never progressed, even after playing enough games to become millionbearbillaires. prefer working badge system. did like 2010 contest to get 1,000,000 though did not get big win. the codes were worth getting for the moves and outfit. our before 2010 bearville experiences were less than stellar. would lock up if tried to trade.  enjoyed mall opening and under sea theme.
what will new maintenance bring?
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:44 am

The thing where badges gave additional storage worked for a little while . . . I know 'cause I made it to platinum in one badge, and never had problems with room in my storage until one day when things were reset and I could only have twelve pages in each section.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:59 am

badges did not work for us. we had contacted help, still have the emails.
finding ways to get credits was wonderful.
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:56 am

I know -- it was only for a short while, in 2008, that I managed to earn badges.  After they revamped things and made the inventory a flat 12 pages, I never earned another point.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JeannaBearFun Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 am

I agree. The old bearville was a simpler time..
There is actually a lot you can do, like unlocking badges, but it is tedious to get those exclusive items. I would rather go back to the days where it was mostly about meeting people and talking to them. I was good at doing that back in 2008 but I just can't talk to people anymore. XD I also agree with the inventory dilemma. It's a little small for someone who has been playing ever since it came out. >.<

Anyways, thanks for sharing, I really like all of your opinions. :]
JeannaBearFun
JeannaBearFun
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by kristylucky1 Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:55 am

Yeah, I miss it too. It seems that BV is running out of ideas and are just repeating the same stuff. They even added some old Bear Boutique clothes to BVO... ) :
kristylucky1
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:29 am

I haven't been on a while but hopefully bearville does get some more good ideas!
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down