Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog!

+2
lilteddybear
sandyverybeary3
6 posters

Go down

Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Empty Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog!

Post by sandyverybeary3 Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:46 pm

hi guys! i'm sandy!
Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Img_0510
And This is my ADVENTURE BLOG! Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! 596764
so every once in a while, i go on a great adventure.and i want to share them with you! so first i want to tell you a little bit about me

I am a curly teddy from build a bear workshop
My name is really Sally-Andie, but I like Sandy
i have two friends, a love bug, Ladi, and a baskin robbin's bubble gum ice cream bear, Bubble gum (or Boo). you may see them sooner or later.
i love beef jerky and lay's limon chips!
Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Img_0511 Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Img_0610

ok, so today is my mommy's birthday party! yay, she's 14 today! so i see a build-a-bear workshop bag on the chair next to me where my mommy's presents are going to go.... YAY this means new friends or stuff! YES! we'll find out later bounce

Ok guys! i'm here with fantastic birthday news! first i wanna show you this
Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Img_0512
this says that, yes Daize! you were right, I LOVE READING! Harry potter especially, and it is the goblet of fire! i can't believe you saw that in one of my pictures! hahahaaa
so, back to my mommy's birthday. it was so much fun, we decorated cupcakes,
Ladi had alot of fun baking them
Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Img_0611
look at her apron!
we also opened presents, and the Build-a-bear bag had a really cute sparkly outfit for me! YAY! soooo happy! you guys might see it later

also mommy got a harry potter lego set, she got the burrow! it's so cool!
well Got to go! i will talk to you later! and tell you alot more about my camping trip!

OK!!! HI again!!!! wow, i have been so busy with school that i forgot to update my blog. But thats ok, cause im here now, right? Oh, well now about my month old camping trip, I can't believe it's already been a month. SO, we went camping at June Lake near Yosemite. and while we were driving through Yosemite, WE SAW SNOW!!!!!!!! like down on the ground.LOOK!!Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Img_0513 you see, that is snow!!!! and my mommy's wearing flip flops...hahaha, that's silly. But we did a lot of fun stuff. we went swimming, we went fishing. We ate jiffy pop pop corn and spaghetti O's Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Img_0514Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Img_0515 mmmmmmm so yummy!! Well, i guess I'll finish up the trip later, it will take a while to talk about Bodie. What is Bodie you ask, i guess you have to come back to read about it... MUHAHAHA!!! *cough cough* sorry, I'll see you later!!!!

Hi GUYS! IM BACK! I finally found the right photo's i wanted to show you. and im gonna start my section on......

BODIE STATE PARK!!!!

Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Img_0519

so Bodie is an old mining town and a ghost town of 50 years. but it's not haunted
or is it.... hahahahahaha

anyways. It's a cool town. alot of is has been preserved by nature and it looks almost like it did 50 years ago. you can even go in some old houses and see the furniture and equipment they used. now, i couldn't get alot of pictures because we couldn't take pictures inside. but i do have a few.

like, here, is the old mill. and me of course Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! 143839 the old mill is off limits unless you go with a tour group because parts of the mill are unstable.

Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Img_0520

and here is the vault that was in the old bank.
Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Img_0521
(those two people are my mommy's brother and sister Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! 143839)

okay, so i can't give you all the information on bodie ):, but the official website can Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! 143839 but since i can't give you the link ): im gonna put the information copied from the site here Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! 143839 and since it is quite a bit of information, some of you may not want to read it, so i put it in a bright color so you can skip over it and know where it ends hahaha thats okay if you do. i get lazy too hahahahaha.

Bodie State Historic Park is a genuine California gold-mining ghost town. Visitors can walk down the deserted streets of a town that once had a population of nearly 10,000 people. The town is named for Waterman S. Body (William Bodey), who had discovered small amounts of gold in hills north of Mono Lake. In 1875, a mine cave-in revealed pay dirt, which led to purchase of the mine by the Standard Company in 1877. People flocked to Bodie and transformed it from a town of a few dozen to a boomtown.

Only a small part of the town survives, preserved in a state of "arrested decay." Interiors remain as they were left and stocked with goods. Designated as a National Historic Site and a State Historic Park in 1962, the remains of Bodie are being preserved in a state of "arrested decay". Today this once thriving mining camp is visited by tourists, howling winds and an occasional ghost.

Location – Directions

The park is northeast of Yosemite, 13 miles east of Highway 395 on Bodie Road (Hwy 270), seven miles south of Bridgeport.
Latitude/Longitude: 38.2122 / -119.0111

From U.S. 395 seven miles south of Bridgeport, take State Route 270. Go east 10 miles to the end of the pavement and continue 3 miles on a dirt road to Bodie. The last 3 miles can at times be rough. Reduced speeds are necessary. Call the park if there are any questions about road conditions.
Latitude/Longitude: 38.2122 / -119.0111
Facilities and Activities

Bodie is a ghost town. Today it looks much the same as it did over 50 years ago when the last residents left. To preserve the ghost town atmosphere, there are no commercial facilities at Bodie, such as food or gasoline. There is a bookstore inside the museum where you may also inquire about daily tours.

Restrooms (flush toilets) are located at the parking lot and the picnic area.

Souvenirs and Collecting
Everything in Bodie is part of the historic scene and is fully protected. NOTHING may be collected or removed from the park. Metal detectors are not allowed.

Closed Areas
For public protection, certain unstable sections of the park are posted as prohibited areas, and are closed to entry by park visitors.

Camping
There is no camping at Bodie. Contact U.S. Forest Service or Bureau of Land Management offices for nearby camping information.

Winter Visits
Bodie is open all year. However, because of the high elevation (8375 feet), it is accessible only by skis, snowshoes or snowmobiles during winter months. Snowmobiles must stay on designated roads in the Bodie Hills.

Winter weather is often unpredictable. Sub-zero temperatures, strong winds and white-out conditions are common. Many four wheel drive vehicles with chains get stuck each year in powdery snow. In Spring, mud can be a problem. Local towing services, when available, can be costly.

UP COMING SEGMENTS!!!
(nothing yet guyz. im looking for a new adventure!)
SEE YOU SOON!!
LOVE,
Sandy!

If you want me to tell you about any adventures i may not say at first, feel free to request them, i'd be happy to get some pics and a story and post them up here!

Last edited by sandyverybeary3 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 6 times in total
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Empty Re: Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog!

Post by lilteddybear Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:56 pm

that is soo cute make more make more
lilteddybear
lilteddybear
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyverybeary3 Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:11 pm

haaha you like them! i got soo bored on my camping trip!
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyverybeary3 Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:04 am

-updated-
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveablegirl Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:15 pm

very cute blog and i like your bear too
Loveablegirl
Loveablegirl
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyverybeary3 Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:49 am

thanks! I'm working on pics from my birthday party! so I will update it soon!
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:57 am

Sandy is the cutest build a bear I have ever seen o:
Seriously ^^
And, in one of the pictures, I see...a Harry Potter book!
I think it's Goblet of Fire, I never knew Sandy was an avid reader Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Icon_razz
Awesome blog Sandy, and I like Lays too[:
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyverybeary3 Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:20 am

~updated~

PS- Daize, can't believe you saw that, i didn't even see that! and i took the picture! haha check out the updated version!
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:00 am

Haha Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! Icon_razz
Happy birthday Sandy!
Your other picture wasn't showing up though, but I copy and pasted the link, and saw the picture, she's cute [:
I also like your screensaver, lol.
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MikaylaPeace Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:44 am

This is SO cute! Make more! Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! 465488
MikaylaPeace
MikaylaPeace
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyverybeary3 Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:49 am

~Updated~
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by priscillaballerina31 Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:01 pm

This was a beary pawsome blog!! I loved the pictures! Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! 596764
I am curious o please update about brodie??
priscillaballerina31
priscillaballerina31
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyverybeary3 Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:01 pm

~Updated~
and i need a new idea for an adventure! all suggestions are appreciated Sandy's Awesome Adventures Blog! 143839
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down