Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils

+10
sandyverybeary3
colinpink
muffinatormanic
xoxoclaryxoxo22
Loveablegirl
ariesgirl12917
karenbearhug
Kellz
heidi02
HarryLove13
14 posters

Go down

Mechanical Pencil vs. Regular Pencil

Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Vote_lcap70%Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]
Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Vote_lcap10%Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Vote_lcap20%Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Empty Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils

Post by HarryLove13 Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:53 pm

I prefer mechanical, no sharpening, way easier.
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Empty Re: Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils

Post by heidi02 Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:22 am

Definitely mechanical. Last year I had about 30 Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Icon_razz
heidi02
heidi02
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Empty Re: Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils

Post by HarryLove13 Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:09 am

Did you take that many to school everyday? I always start out with six and by the end of the year i have two lol
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellz Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:32 am

It depends what I'm using them for. Like, on tests that have the bubble sheet, I can't use mechanical pencils, I have to use regular #2 pencils. So, I use both. Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Icon_razz
Kellz
Kellz
Forum Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:33 am

I like both. For something precise like math, there is nothing better than a mechanical pencil. I also like the weight and the thickness of a regular pencil for some projects too.
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryLove13 Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:34 am

Kellz wrote:It depends what I'm using them for. Like, on tests that have the bubble sheet, I can't use mechanical pencils, I have to use regular #2 pencils. So, I use both. Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Icon_razz
Most mechanical pencils have #2 lead, I've used them on state tests and they work fine Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils 465488
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellz Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:21 am

HarryLove13 wrote:
Kellz wrote:It depends what I'm using them for. Like, on tests that have the bubble sheet, I can't use mechanical pencils, I have to use regular #2 pencils. So, I use both. Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Icon_razz
Most mechanical pencils have #2 lead, I've used them on state tests and they work fine Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils 465488

I know, everyone tries to explain that to the teachers, but they don't understand it.. Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Icon_razz
Kellz
Kellz
Forum Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by ariesgirl12917 Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:21 am

I love my mechanical pencils...Pencils are pretty much obsolete where I live lol Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils 1107968042 You only see regular pencils if we are using scantron because our school teachers don't believe they use #2 lead but it is funny because as soon as they say that everyone has to raise their hand and ask if they can borrow a pencil since theirs will not work lol
ariesgirl12917
ariesgirl12917
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveablegirl Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:40 am

I like the regular pencils better mechanical penclis break too easy for me
Loveablegirl
Loveablegirl
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by heidi02 Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:50 am

HarryLove13 wrote:Did you take that many to school everyday? I always start out with six and by the end of the year i have two lol

No that's how many I ended up buying lol. People would ask to borrow one and never return it, they would get lost, or they would break. Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Icon_razz
heidi02
heidi02
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:57 am

I really don't mind if my kids use a mechanical pencil to take tests - as long as it says #2 on it, that's fine with me!
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoclaryxoxo22 Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:03 am

I like mechanicals Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils 465488
xoxoclaryxoxo22
xoxoclaryxoxo22
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:06 am

Mechanical pencils are better because I don't have to sharpen it!
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by colinpink Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Mechanical pencil!

I guess it comes out same thickness and I am lazy to sharp every time when the pencil is not sharp anymore lol
colinpink
colinpink
Officer/Zoo Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyverybeary3 Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:39 pm

i like machanical pencils for math cause i have to write on 5 sq/in graph paper so i need thin lines, but when it comes to art, i need a regular pencil, because you can dull-out or sharpen the tip when you need it, or you can use the side and get a thick line or use the tip and get a thin one. or you can press harder on regular pencil than you can on a mechanical pencil. i think i made my point! hahaahahaa..... It's Puhnny! and i didn't mean to do that!
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by LoraDazzle4 Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:45 am

Depends;
Mechanichal penils are good for making rough work, maths & for gridding.
On the other hand, Normal pencils are good for art.
So I guess, I can't decide Mechanical Pencils vs. Regular Pencils Icon_razz
LoraDazzle4
LoraDazzle4
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by lilteddybear Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:47 am

mechanical idk why i really like the one with the twisty earaser i am weird that way
lilteddybear
lilteddybear
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Savanahcute25 Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:05 am

I prefer mechanical pencils, especially when you have to write a lot so you don't have to sharpen it! (:
Savanahcute25
Savanahcute25
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules_luvxx Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:49 am

I like mechanical pencils, but both are alright
Jules_luvxx
Jules_luvxx
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down