Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Discovery of Mermaids

+12
cyrus2hip594
Admin
barbie6
Anita
~Rain~
Daize
AleciaAutumn10
Dillonus
Lovelistic
muffinatormanic
Cheer
Bear
16 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Discovery of Mermaids - Page 2 Empty Re: The Discovery of Mermaids

Post by Bear Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:18 am

Recap What Happened Before:
Spoiler:

Next off...

I didn't know what to do, but I know I'd keep this a secret; if anybody else in my coral reef kingdom found out I'd first, even went out of the kingdom, and second been spotted by a human (and by this close too!), I'd be in SO much trouble. Who knows what the Aquarius Council (Out of character: kind of like government, including the King etc) would do if they knew.

I wanted to swim away, I knew I could, I was a pretty fast swimmer; well even if I wasn't I was faster at swimming then these humans. They kind of surrounded me, but I could obviously swim faster than they could run. But for some reason, I wanted to stay, I was extremely curious, the feeling was mutual. I swam away while the humans stared at me, astonished. I didn't really know where I was going, I just wanted to get away, it was the right thing to do.

Then in the corner of my eye, I saw another mermaid - I recognized her name but it was on the tip of my tongue. I think she was in my class before, in school. Her name was... Sarah Triton? Sienna Triton? Sia Triton; we've never talked much before when we were in the same class.

My Character Recap
Spoiler:

Last edited by Bear on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:40 am; edited 5 times in total
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:29 am

I swim over and all of a sudden I said hi then realizing i can talk under water.

I had always thought this whole mermaid thing was my destiny. Ever since

I turned 10 it happened. My mother said that dad was a merman but it had to

be more than that....
cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:53 am

While making my way through the water, I noticed a familiar face. Her dark brown hair all but gave her away, along with her height.
"Hey," I called. "Amelia Seamaid, right? Any idea where exactly we are? I got lost while trying to get to shore a while back. I'll be fish food if I don't get home soon."

Spoiler:
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:53 am

"Yeah, Amelia Seamaid. And your Sia Triton, right? Why did you come out of the coral reef kingdom...? My friend, Flippa, she disappeared and I couldn't find her anywhere, so I went out looking for her. I kind of know the way, but I'm not 100% sure," I frowned.

Night fall was approaching, so we both had to hurry up and decide where we wanted to go. I lead the way, swimming west, from where the stars guided us. Then a familiar group of mermaids/mermen swam close to us, approaching us. I could tell where they were from, Aquarius; the same coral reef kingdom as us. Their "attitude" and the way they held themselves when they swam gave it out. It also wasn't hard to recognize the "A" (that stood for Aquarius), on their tails.

"Over here, I found them!" yelled one of the mermen in the group.

We tried to "hide" somewhere, we didn't want anyone to find us before we got back to the kingdom, but we got caught. Sia and I, we were about to be in big trouble.

My Character Recap
Spoiler:

Last edited by Bear on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:04 am

As I was swimming i saw more mermaids. One of them swam up to me said said something with dolphin language then grabbed my hand and swam me to a large castle. I had no idea what they were saying until one said, " Hello Aqua, my name is Lucia and I have come to bring you to your father, the king of our coral reef....
cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:12 am

I sighed. "This is just great. Now they're going to get my dad and I'll be in so much trouble." Silence. "You know, I'm not even allowed to be out of the kingdom, since I was caught last time. I was 'forbidden.' Now I'm going to be grounded for life!"
I stopped talking for a few minutes. Everyone was ignoring me.
"Where are we going, anyways?" I asked softly. "What are they going to do?"
I was actually starting to get nervous. These soldiers were starting to scare me. There was an unpleasant air when you were anywhere near them.
I sighed again, loudly and very dramatically.
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:41 am

They brought me to a giant room where a middle aged merman was sitting on a throne almost like a king. " Aqua? Aqua is that you? You were lost in a wirlpool when you were a baby but i have found you. Guards! Get my daughter her tiara on now!" Then they put a tiara on me. " You can go explore the kingdom now. " I swam out of the room and saw more guards carrying two mermaids....
cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59 am

I met up with Nerissa far in the back, away from the reef. I looked at her quizzingly, wondering what was going on. She swam in front of us purposely, to refrain from questions. Zane wouldn't budge either. I stopped. We were leaving the kingdom? Nerissa looked at me with pleading eyes. Something about that look made me keep on swimming.

After swimming for a while, I saw something in the distance. What was it? Mermaids? These people looked familiar. Someone from my school maybe? I swam in closer to get a good look. It was two girls, surrounded by mermen. They were definitely in trouble. Were they swimming out of Aquarius too? What was going on. I followed them in the darkness to see what was going on, completely forgetting about my grandmother and best friend.

Name: Cordelia Plankton
Appearance: Long, black, straight, ashy hair and murky gray eyes. Her skin is olive and her tail is a dark indigo, which looks almost black underwater. She's 5'8" and has a small scar shaped like a triton on her left shoulder. She always wears a starfish in her hair, who's one of her best friends.
Personality: Conservative and shy, doesn't let others in very easily. She finds other people hard to trust, yet she is very trustworthy herself. She is very mysterious and serious around strangers, but with friends she's humorous and lovable. She is very careful and cautious.
Other:
-She has a best friend Starfish named Merlin, who always stays in her hair. He looks like a decoration, but is actually always watching over her.
-Her only other friend is a merman named Zale, who she never goes anywhere without.
-Is a mermaid.
-Has never seen her parents, as they live in the Pacific Ocean and she in the Atlantic. She lives with her grandmother named Nerissa.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:34 am

As I swam over to them someone grabbed me and covered my mouth. " So the princess is back now? Well not for long HaHaHaHaHa" She uncovered my mouth and I screamed " HELP please please...." I then started crying. She started to say something in dolphin language while mixing a potion. " DRINK IT " she screamed like her life depended on it. " NOW" I did as she said terrified. All of A sudden bubbles wrapped around my tail and I felt it start to dissapear as my abbility to breathe under water dissappeared. I couldn't hear what she said after that and i fainted.
cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:29 am

Cheer wrote:
(What Happened Before)
Spoiler:
Bear wrote:
Recap of Character, Amela Seamaid
Spoiler:

Sia and I were terrified. We had some big trouble coming our away. Not only were we getting in trouble with our parents, but the kingdom and the Aquarius Council. Especially because we're just merteens, and not adults yet. Sia told me how this was her second time going out of the kingdom, also.

The soldiers didn't say a word, but had stern, serious faces on. They're facial expressions didn't give out much. They were bringing us into the Aquarius Council Hall, probably so we could explain ourselves or get punished by the Council.

I saw a glimpse of a girl, she wore a small tiara on her head. It didn't look like Princess Laurel. Then I turned around, and saw another mermaid with an extremely dark tail and hair, she also had a starfish in her hair. She looked at me anxiously and put her finger to her mouth, signalling me not to say anything about her being there.

Side Note, OOC: Princess Laurel is the eldest daughter of the royal family, Aquarius. She is barely seen because she is extremely ill, there are tons of rumors about her, some even how she doesn't even exist. She was at the annual ball for a brief time. She had a veil over her head, some say the royal family got a random merperson to just make it look like there really was a princess. No one knows for sure, though.

BIC: I elbowed Sia and pretended to stretch my neck and gestured her to look behind us. The soldiers brought us to the Aquarius Council.

We faced them, we could feel their disapproving, gleaming eyes dawning down on us.

"What do we have here?" The head of the Aquarius Council, the King, sighed, "Two rebellious mermaids who ventured off out of the kingdom, getting caught by our soldiers. And one of them, Miss Triton had been warned before not too wander out to shore. What to do...?" The king paused.

"No humans saw you, correct? Well if that's the case then house arrest for both of you, except for school. Finished, now please do NOT go to shore and wander off out of the kingdom. If you do it again there will be serious consequences."

"No humans saw us, that would be so funny if humans saw us, of course no- Thanks, we'll never go out into the kingdom again!" I trailed, my mouth trembling, I was a terrible liar. After that, I quickly left the Aquarius Council and swam home.
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:42 am

I swam quickly after Amelia.
"Who was that girl behind us? Was that other girl actually Princess Laurel? It didn't look like her, but then again, I don't think anyone knows what she looks like. Oh, I heard she got captured by humans. Oh, Amelia, you saw humans, didn't you? You're an awful liar. We have got to work on that. Well, what do the humans look like? Do they have green skin and huge, black eyes? I've never seen one before. I want to, it would be kind of cool," I slowly trailed off, talking about everything and anything that popped into my head, twirling my platinum hair around my finger.
"Wait… isn't the annual ball coming up? I hope I can go. I picked out the perfect dress and everything…"
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:20 pm

I had a dream while floating out in the ocean. That all the mermaid stuff was gone and i could get wet as i please. Of course i was floating in the ocean. Then I was on a beach. All of a sudden I woke up on the ocean to a mer man. I was wet with no tail. " Are you ok?", he asked. " Wha- Who are you? "
" well I saw you got taken by the witch of the sea. I wanted to make sure you were ok but oviously your not..." " What do you mean not? I am fi-" Then i realized i wasn't a mermaid anymore. I tried plashing water on myself but nothing happened. " I can help you", he said. " I will go get the potion from her" He dived back into the ocean and I followed with a huge breath.
cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:14 pm

Cheer wrote:
(What Happened Before)
Spoiler:
Bear wrote:
Spoiler:

"I have no idea, this is between me and you, but I think there's something really odd happening, I just have a feeling... I can't really explain it. Which one? There were two. One looked like a princess from the royal family, and the other one... she looked familiar. I think that girl from school... Cordelia, I think her name is? Why was she like, "spying" on us?" I paused for a moment to think.

"There's too many rumors about Princess Laurel, I have no idea what's true and what's rumors... It's like in the folk legends, they were said to look exactly like us, just with legs, and feet! Well, too bad to we got caught... we could have swam to shore..." I trailed off, thinking of a way to escape the kingdom.

"I heard that Princess Laurel will be attending the annual ball, hopefully we can go despite the house arrest. Now we just have to wait for the invitations to be handed out."

I walked home, there were way too many thoughts in my head. When I got through the door, my parents weren't mad, partially, but happy because they found Flippa. Coincidentally, the Aquarius' Annual Royal Ball invitations got sent out. Every merperson in the kingdom gets an invitation. The hard part; getting an outfit ready, I still pondered in my head who that mermaid was with the tiara on, she certainly was not Princess Laurel.

The Discovery of Mermaids - Page 2 Wbz2pg

I quickly read the invitation, over and over again. Princess Laurel was attending! Maybe that mermaid was Laurel... but how could she look so healthy? The royal family say she was ill since she was born. I don't know if I'd attend the Royal Ball, I had other plans on my mind; the encounter with the humans was still wandering in my mind. I guess we'll all have to wait and see...
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Dear Journal,

Today, during my daily beachwalk, I spotted a large fish washed ashore in the distance. My curiosity compelled me, so I ran to it to make note of its species and check for injury, assuming it dead.

However...when I approached it, it launched itself back in to the ocean. How, I wonder, could it have done such a thing without so much as a flop, as just about any landed fish would do? It was is if it had arms...

When it jumped in, I thought I saw hair. Long and blonde...

And, call me crazy, but when I chased after it into the sea, I think I saw a face...

I wonder, could mermaids exist? Is the legend a reality?
I wouldn't dare share this experience with my colleagues, unless I'm aiming to make a fool of myself.

I'll return to the spot tomorrow.
I mean, what else could it have been?
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 pm

I followed them up until the castle. They were out of the kingdom too? What was going on? I didn't know what to do. I couldn't possibly catch up to Nerissa now.

And my reef had been abandoned and scraped empty.
I saw a mermaid with a tiara on swim in front of me, exiting the castle. I hid behind a pillar, to see the mermaid get caught by another mermaid, who made her drink something. Her tail disappeared! I couldn't believe my eyes. Who was she? The mermaid held her and swam out, away from the kingdom. Something was very wrong.

I was about to go investigate when the two mermaids appeared. Amelia and Sia, I think. They were talking about a Princess Laurel. The Princess Laurel, the one who has been missing for years? I followed them, to see what this was all about.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 pm

I swam to the surface to discover that the light was infact a fishing boat! It was capturing some of our local fish! I had to stop them! Jonas and I swam to the net which was slowly disappearing above the waves. Jonas bit the net and released the shoal of tuna who all swam away in fear. The torn net shot upwards and we were safe, for now... I knew I had to warn the other merfolk cities, the fishermen could endanger our safety, and our entire lifestyle was put under threat. So I set off for the nearest community. Another Mediterranean settlement.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 am

I swam home quickly after my conversation with Amelia. I would not tell y parents about getting caught. I couldn't risk getting in trouble.
"Sia, look what came in the mail." my mom called.
Curious, I swam over to see what she was talking about. She held up a scroll, a smile on her face.
"The Aquarius Royal Ball? Our invitation is here?" I said.
She handed me the paper and I swam quickly to my room.
Finally. I've been waiting since the end of last year's ball to go again.
I read the letter.
Something caught my eye. Princess Laurel was healthy? Was she the girl at the castle? But then again, I always thought Laurel had a dark blue tail, the colour than ran in the Aquarius family. This girls tail was pitch black.
Oh well, whatever. I was going to the ball in two weeks. I couldn't wait.
Nothing could ruin this… unless the king noticed me and Amelia and kicked us out. But that was a 0.0001% chance, right?
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:58 am

I gave up on following them when they entered their houses. I wasn't just going to enter into their homes. I decided to go to my own house.

A scroll was lying by the doorstep, an invitation to the Royal Ball. Princess Laurel healthy? If that girl was Princess Laurel, then she isn't here anymore!
I swam to the Castle of the King. He needed to know. I entered, my head high.

" What do you want? " he beamed, seemingly happy. Probably about his daughter.

" Your Highness, Princess Laurel has been captured, " I started, " I was passing by, when I saw a mermaid grab her and give her a potion which made her tail disappear! She then headed out of the Kingdom," I finished.

He looked at me, shocked. He motioned me to leave, after a full description of the woman. He then let out a search party for her, the whole Kingdom of Aquarius was at work.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 am

Bear wrote:
(What Happened Before)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The next day I thought about the Annual Ball, I mean, the Aquarius Council would HAVE to let us in the ball, everyone goes to it, and plus we got an invitation too. I was eager to see the now healthy, Princess Laurel.

I was also anxious about the encounter with the humans. I wanted to see them and "observe" them, it was so fascinating. I had a plan, but I wasn't sure if I should tell Sia. I barely know her but it's crazy how one little thing can make a somewhat "close" bond between two.

I never told Sia about seeing the humans, but I think she knew when I was attempting to lie in front of the Aquarius Council. Suddenly, a thought popped into my head; we'd both sneak out of the kingdom during the Annual Ball! Everyone would be occupied with the ball and wouldn't notice. But then again if we were allowed to go, then people would expect us at the ball.

I wanted to see Princess Laurel, though. Maybe we'd both go to the ball with our families at first, then escape out after and go to shore. I think that would be the game plan. I got ready, ate breakfast, and swam to Sia's home to tell her, I wondered if she'd be in on it, or think I was insane after what happened yesterday. After that, if it does follow through, we've got to find a way to go back to shore and get know our way back without getting caught.

On my way to Sia's home, I just remembered I was on "house arrest", I was more than half way there, so I tried to swim there undetected hoping a soldier or anyone would see me.
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:46 am

I was sitting on a rock in the garden in the front of my house. I was thinking about everything that happened, well, that and how excited I was about the ball. I loved going to the ball, and I had no idea why.
Then I saw, very vaguely, a mermaid with dark brown hair swimming towards me.
"Amelia," I said. "What's up?"
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:54 am

I grew very weary from traveling with the whales. Of course they were hungry. They probably haven't eaten forever. One of the whales had a calf which I'm sure the mother whale didn't have much to eat. We passed a local mermaid village. I waved the whales good bye and farewell. They wished me good luck on my journey.

Weird.

I was on a journey? Oh right I was traveling. Why did they say journey?

I swam toward the mermaid village and the villagers welcomed me in. The local news wall had posted a Royal Ball Invitation to everyone at the village. Everyone was invited!

I asked a security merguard if I could attend, and he replied , " Yes sure! I believe, they're trying to get as many mermaids to go!"

I replied back,"Thank you."

I thought to myself, why would they let so many mermaids and mermen go? Was there something special going to happen? Should I go? I don't have anything to wear..? I could make my own jewelry I thought. It might be fun ^___^ ...

The royal ball was located over 2 days away swimming and probably 5 hours with dolphins.. How could I get there in time?
I could not move my tail. It was so sore from traveling with the whales, to ... to no where ..

I looked at my bracelet, I thought about the abandoned ships with the statues. The bracelet was turquoise green and a special rock in the middle of the bracelet. It was pretty and shiny .

I asked the merguard that if dolphins would be arranged at the village to get to the royal ball. He replied yes they were but it would be cost three sand dollars. And they would arrive this evening but they are going to rush so they can get there in time.

I waited and waited. I watched people come and go. I played kick tail ball with some merkids and finally the dolphins came with the drivers. I paid the three sand dollars and took my seat next to a mermaid with a kind smile. We talked about the royal ball and life. It was peaceful and nice ..

Last edited by muffinatormanic on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:25 am

Cheer wrote:I was sitting on a rock in the garden in the front of my house. I was thinking about everything that happened, well, that and how excited I was about the ball. I loved going to the ball, and I had no idea why.
Then I saw, very vaguely, a mermaid with dark brown hair swimming towards me.
"Amelia," I said. "What's up?"
Spoiler:

"Hey, we should really get inside," I said anxiously, "I shouldn't even be here, but I have a plan..." I trailed off.

I explained to Sia my idea, I couldn't tell what she was thinking by the expression on her face, but the ball was in two days, and if we wanted to find a good route there to shore and back to Aquarius we better get to the library for maps.
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:31 am

"I am so in!" I cried. This is going to be awesome. More than awesome. "It'll be tricky, though… hey, remember that girl we saw? From school. Cordelia, right? She might be able to help."
"Oh, and we would need a compass. I have an awful sense of direction. This is going to be so cool, Amelia! Maybe we'll even meet some humans… that would be awesome…"
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 am

Squeal Squeal.
I guess that indicated that we have gotten to the place we wanted to. I arrived in front of the castle where the ball was held. Gosh I looked like a mess!

The girl right next to me said," You look nice! But you have to get a new shirt! Your shirt-dress, it looks like its going to rip! And new shells too! Want to go shopping?"

"Sure." I replied,"It's a lucky thing I brought lots of sand dollars."

We walked into the castle and we found boutiques and mini stores next to them. We shopped and changed in many outfits for the royal ball. But something caught my eye, shells that were pink and brown shells. I tried them on and they were perfect. I had to get them. I bought them and went to go look for the girl.

The girl who went shopping with me disappeared..She's probably went to the ball I guess or had an emergency ..

Turns out the shells I bought caught twenty other peoples eyes too.... Twenty other people also had them...

The lady who worked there,"Sorry no exchange and no refunds!"

I sighed. "Oh well, what worse could happen?"

I wore my shells and proceeded to the ball
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:20 am

I had come back up above the water to catch a breath when the merman returned but this time he had a potion in hand. " Just drink this.", he said. I did as he said. all of a sudden bubbles wraped aroundd my legs and my tail was back! I thanked him and swam back into sea, when I saw two mermaids swimming and talking. I approached them and said hello but they looked at me shocked.
cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next