Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Discovery of Mermaids

+12
cyrus2hip594
Admin
barbie6
Anita
~Rain~
Daize
AleciaAutumn10
Dillonus
Lovelistic
muffinatormanic
Cheer
Bear
16 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Discovery of Mermaids - Page 3 Empty Re: The Discovery of Mermaids

Post by JLBABV Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:23 pm

About half way to the next seacity, the current changed and I was swept out into the atlantic! I decided to warn the others in this ocean. I swam towards Aquarius, a very popular place to live. I had to find someone and warn them of the impending danger!
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:37 am

Dear Diary,

Upon returning to the spot I saw...I don't know what I saw...but, upon returning, I found a peculiar object.

It was a necklace...strands of Bull Kelp, or Nereocystis luetkeana, were tied together. Strung on these strands were seashells, various shark teeth, and other remnants of aquatic life...

No normal person could have made this. Much of its contents is found deepsea...

Is this more evidence of...mermaids?
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Cheer wrote:"I am so in!" I cried. This is going to be awesome. More than awesome. "It'll be tricky, though… hey, remember that girl we saw? From school. Cordelia, right? She might be able to help."
"Oh, and we would need a compass. I have an awful sense of direction. This is going to be so cool, Amelia! Maybe we'll even meet some humans… that would be awesome…"
Recap of Character, Amela Seamaid
Spoiler:

"Sounds good! We're going to keep this confidential... and where will we get the compass? They're pretty expensive, and if we go asking around for one we might look suspicious. Do your parents or anyone you know have one? I've heard rumors that you can find them in those abandoned ships," I said excitedly, "I don't really know her - Cordelia - but I guess we could trust her. Plus we saw her sneaking around too... so yeah," I had tons of thoughts running through my mind.

"I don't know, I REALLY want too, though, it'll be risky," I paused, "We're also going to have to find out how to go from the ball to out of the kingdom. Let's go to Cordelia's house and we'll see from then, we'll have to be under the radar while we go there, do you have any disguises or anything that'll cover our faces... somewhat?" I smiled mischievously.
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Dear Whomever Reads This,

Hello. My name is Gus. I'm a scientist, who resides on Lica Beach.

I sent out this message in a bottle in the hopes that someone of the sea might find it...a mermaid, perhaps?

Call me crazy, but I believe it.

If this is a mermaid who reads this...give me a sign, and leave it on the beach. Anything. Please?

I found a necklace. It's made from bull kelp, the shells of several crustaceans, shark teeth, the vertebrae of different fish, among other things. If its yours, or you know whose it is, give me that sign so I can return it!

Sincerely,
Gus
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:35 pm

I looked around Aquarius for signs of sea-life. But everyone was away. Perhaps they had gone into hiding already! I decided to see where I was by going above the waves. I swam to the surface and looked around. I was reasonably close to shore. I ducked below the waves to talk to Jonas, then I realised he was gone! He must have headed to the sea-horse wrangglers in the next village. He has a good friend there. However being a whale he wasn't blown into the Atlantic like I was. I've never been this far away from home alone before. I felt like part of me was missing. I swam towards shore, hoping this beach wasn't a holiday destination for the humans. It seemed deserted. I sat on the sand, looking around. A crab scuttled past me. "Excuse me!" I called out to him. He looked at me, not at all surprised, as he had seen many mermaids before. "Where am I?" I asked him. He clicked his claws and replied in a small voice, "You are on Lica Beach!" I smiled. "Thank you!" I said. He scuttled away. Then I noticed a scrap of 'paper' which was half buried in the sand. I wriggled over and dusted the sand off it. It said:

Dear Whomever Reads This,

Hello. My name is Gus. I'm a scientist, who resides on Lica Beach.

I sent out this message in a bottle in the hopes that someone of the sea might find it...a mermaid, perhaps?

Call me crazy, but I believe it.

If this is a mermaid who reads this...give me a sign, and leave it on the beach. Anything. Please?

I found a necklace. It's made from bull kelp, the shells of several crustaceans, shark teeth, the vertebrae of different fish, among other things. If its yours, or you know whose it is, give me that sign so I can return it!

Sincerely,
Gus

Humans know of our existence? This is BAD! VERY BAD! This Gus character could expose our existence and we could be in real danger. That necklace the human mentioned sounds like the one that a mermaid from Aquarius wears sometimes. Who was it again? Sia? Or Amelia? I can't remember. But I should get off this beach incase "Gus" comes back!
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:50 pm

I ran outside and sunk my feet into the sand. Ah, how wonderful it felt between my toes. I started off toward the site I've been so fixated on; the site where I saw the "mermaid."

It's been a few days since I set out my bottled messaged. If anyone here on the beach found it, I'm sure that they would have come to laugh at me by now.

Could a mermaid have found it? Perhaps it's tangled up somewhere, were no one can find it.

This whole mermaid thing is ridiculous, anyway. These past few days have cleared my head...

Still in thought, I reached the spot, with the necklace in hand. Though I told myself that I didn't believe it anymore, I still couldn't shake the thought. I began to look around for any sign of such a creature.

((Jess, if you don't want to be discovered, swim away. Of course, you could also swim away just late enough for me to catch a glimpse of you, or not escape at all! ;P It's up to you.))
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:02 am

I watched as a figure started looking at where I was sat just a few minutes before. My heart was thumping in my chest so hard I thought it would be a give-away to my hide-out. I kept thinking about Jonas, surely he would be at the sea-horse wranggler's by now! I am so scared that Gus will spot me, but my curiosity is too overwhelming! If only Jonas were here! He would know what to do! But he's probably playing with his sea-horse friend! Then I realised that my locket was missing! I gasped as i felt for it around my neck! I must have left it over by the rock where I was sat! I only looked at it a few moments before I left! Has he spotted it?!
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:14 am

I took a quick glance over the area. Nothing. Ah, alas. I heaved out a sigh, and collapsed down onto a nearby rock.

I grasped the necklace by its frilled ends and ran it through my fingers. Perhaps a human did make it.

Just as I was about to get up, I noticed another necklace by my side. It was...a scallop necklace?! I bent over to pick it up - and I swear, I heard a gasp. I stood upright in a hurry.

"Is someone there?" I asked aloud, my voice quivering, unsure of whether or not I'd receive an answer.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:22 am

He had heard me! My heart told me to speak up, but my head told me to stay silent. Since my heart was thumping, it was louder. But instead of speaking. I began to sing.

"The song of the sea echoes over the waves
The notes are sharp and clear!
Listen closely, concentrate
and the song of the sea, you shall hear!

It comes as a whisper
Quiet and small, as still as a lagoon
Be patient, dear friend, and close your eyes
You'll hear the melody soon!"

I held my breath, unsure of what will happen.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:13 am

The second I heard the song, I froze. I listened to the gorgeous voice until the song had come to an end. After a few moments of silence, I gulped, and blurted out, "Is this your necklace? I...I don't mean the shell one, I mean the...the...the locket..." It look me a moment to register how stupid I sounded.

"If...are you a mermaid?" I asked, in a futile attempt to redeem myself. I was speaking aloud, as I still didn't locate her in the water.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:18 am

I peeped out from behind the rock. Silently I began to crawl forwards. I could see my locket in his hand. I must get it back! My mother gave that to me! Any second now I would be face to face with a human! What was I thinking?! I could put my life, and the lives of my kind, in danger!
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:25 am

Sploosh! The water to my left made a sound. I swiveled around...and there she was. Her human torso, the fishy tail...all the proof, right in front of me.

We stood in silence for a moment, studying each other. I noticed her eyed the necklaces. I stretched out my arm with the hand holding the locket. "You...you want this?" I offered. I slowly stepped toward her, hoping that she'd take it.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:28 am

This was it! There was no going back now! He had seen me! He stretched out his hand with my locket in it. I reached out and touched the dry hand. It was strange to touch dry skin! I took the locket and pulled back. He looked as though he were trying to think of something to say.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:45 am

She took the locket from me. Her skin felt damp and cool. She drew back in a hurry.

Left rather speechless, and without anything clever to say, I informed him, "I'm Gus. You've...got a tail."

I could feel my cheeks redden afterward. I hoped to get a name in return, but was too afraid to ask.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:55 am

"Amethyst!" I said, giggling softly, for his face showed his surprise at my glistening tail. I felt safe with this human, but they were so dangerous! Weren't they? " I do have a tail!" I said. "You have legs?!"
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:20 am

I thought heard singing in the distance. It was soft and lovely. I shook my head, I was probably hearing things.

The ball wasn't going to start until a while, so I guess I'll hang out near the location of the ball. I guess I'll go find something to eat and find some shells.
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:21 am

"Pleasure to meet you, Amethyset," I said. I looked down at my feet and raised one leg slightly. "Uh...yeah...I've got legs."

I held up the other necklace and pointed to it with my empty hand. "Do you know who this belongs to, by chance?"
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:49 am

I nodded, "that belongs to a mermaid from aquarius! Not sure who but i have seen it!" I said to Gus. I stared at his legs, amazed At how he was stood upright! This was breathtakingly exciting. But daddy would be so angry! But gus seems so nice! I should go! Jonas may be worried! "I... i have to go!" I said, taking the necklace. I began to swim out to sea. He called something to me but the words were lost by the wind! I must find the owner of this necklace and/or Jonas! I guess next stop is the sea horse wrangglers!
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:15 am

They all swam away in fear and I looked behind myself and saw the sea witch! She said, " I will get revenge on you. At the ball hahahahahah." This made me very worried as she dissappeared. I went to the dress shop to look for a dress. Luckily I found a red dress that matched my tail. At the castle I got ready for the ball while thinking about my life above water. I just HAD to tell someone. But who can I trust?
cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:56 pm

I swam through aquarius and saw Aqua looking worried. I called out to her

Last edited by JLBABV on Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:55 am

"Wait, don't go!" I shouted after her, but she swam off into the ocean. I kicked the water and grunted. There, my discovery lost, and with it, my evidence - the necklace.

I had hoped that she'd show me something, take me somewhere...

I know now. Mermaids exist. And every iota of time I have will be devoted to further discover them.

I hurried back to my lab, determined.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:04 am

I called out to Aqua but she failed to hear me so I sighed and took the necklace to the cops, the chief of whom was a Dolphin. He assured me that he would find the owner. Satisfied, i headed back to the mediterranean towards the home of the seahorse wrangglers. As i swam.,my mind drifted back to this human i had made contact with. My head was screaming at me for stupidly revealing my secret world to our most feared potential predator, yet my heart longed to know more! The current changed direction once again and i was soon back on track. About a seamile from the seahorse wrangglers, Jonas found me. "WHERE IN THE SEVEN SEAS HAVE YOU BEEN?!" He said, more upset than angry. "I thought i lost you!" He sighed. "Next time, keep hold of my fins and I'll keep you safe!" He said, nosing me as he did when he wanted a hug. We set off for the seahorse wrangglers house, my mind racing.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:59 am

In the distance I saw a mermaid with a purple tail and a merman swimming north. I approached them and asked, " Um, My name is AquaMarine. Can I swim with you?
cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:37 am

I scrolled my bottled message in a hurry. I had confidence that not a human would find it, but a mermaid.

Dear Amethyst,

It's Gus. I didn't finished getting to talk to you! I'm fascinated.

Do you know anything about humans? I can teach you! Please. All I want in return is to learn about mermaids.

That necklace...did you ever find who it belongs to?
Please, if you get this...come back to the beach. I'll be around there...probably a lot from now on.

If anyone finds this...please, tell Amethyst.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by ItalianPrincess Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:34 pm

That is outstanding writing everyone keep it up I would write but I don't really know what this story is about and I spell words wrong. The Discovery of Mermaids - Page 3 465488
ItalianPrincess
ItalianPrincess
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next