Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Lock, question answered

4 posters

Go down

Please Lock, question answered  Empty Please Lock, question answered

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Tue May 24, 2011 10:12 pm

My friend and I were traveling to my ski lodge on the train, and when I pressed continue, the scene played with the train and everything, and i pressed skip, and then instead of going to the ski lodge area, i got transported back in the train. I decided to continue and just watch the train traveling, but even after that the website took me back to the train carriage. I even took another train and logged out, but it didnt work. I ended up having to restart. Is this a glitch?

Last edited by AleciaAutumn10 on Sat May 28, 2011 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Please Lock, question answered  Empty Re: Please Lock, question answered

Post by JoeCyBearGuide Wed May 25, 2011 3:59 am

AleciaAutumn10 wrote:My friend and I were traveling to my ski lodge on the train, and when I pressed continue, the scene played with the train and everything, and i pressed skip, and then instead of going to the ski lodge area, i got transported back in the train. I decided to continue and just watch the train traveling, but even after that the website took me back to the train carriage. I even took another train and logged out, but it didnt work. I ended up having to restart. Is this a glitch?

That's strange... :wonders: We tested this but we did not get the same result. Is this still happening?
JoeCyBearGuide
JoeCyBearGuide
Build-A-Bearville CyBearGuide

Back to top Go down

Post by JamieMusicBear61 Wed May 25, 2011 4:45 am

I tried this myself too, and I got to the ski lodge train station without any problems. Try using another browser.

As a possible alternate solution, but this is a long shot: are you using a laptop to log into Bearville? The reason I mention this possibility is that it has only been with my two laptops that I have encountered the first of the two glitches I mentioned in my first post; the glitch doesn't occur when I log in with a desktop. However, the reason I say this is a long shot is that when I tested for your bug today, it was with a laptop that I had logged in (I usually use an Acer Aspire 5315 running Windows 7 and the Safari browser). Some games will work well on desktops but will either display bugs or not work at all when you try to run them on laptops (Tomb Raider III is an example of this--I'm not plugging Eidos here; this is just my experience).

A third possible reason may lie in the fact that when PC-compatible computers of different manufacturers come with the operating system pre-installed, you either get a "generic" version of the operating system that can run on just about any computer currently in use (I can just hear Bill Gates once again asking, "How do we become the intelligence that runs all computers?"), or a "customized" version with the alterations designed for hardware-specific features of that particular computer. If your computer is in the latter category, then it could be--and I have no evidence to back this up--that one or more of these software customizations might be somehow interfering with how Bearville runs. This is, unfortunately, something I don't know how to fix, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
JamieMusicBear61
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 am

JamieMusicBear61 wrote:I tried this myself too, and I got to the ski lodge train station without any problems. Try using another browser.

As a possible alternate solution, but this is a long shot: are you using a laptop to log into Bearville? The reason I mention this possibility is that it has only been with my two laptops that I have encountered the first of the two glitches I mentioned in my first post; the glitch doesn't occur when I log in with a desktop. However, the reason I say this is a long shot is that when I tested for your bug today, it was with a laptop that I had logged in (I usually use an Acer Aspire 5315 running Windows 7 and the Safari browser). Some games will work well on desktops but will either display bugs or not work at all when you try to run them on laptops (Tomb Raider III is an example of this--I'm not plugging Eidos here; this is just my experience).

A third possible reason may lie in the fact that when PC-compatible computers of different manufacturers come with the operating system pre-installed, you either get a "generic" version of the operating system that can run on just about any computer currently in use (I can just hear Bill Gates once again asking, "How do we become the intelligence that runs all computers?"), or a "customized" version with the alterations designed for hardware-specific features of that particular computer. If your computer is in the latter category, then it could be--and I have no evidence to back this up--that one or more of these software customizations might be somehow interfering with how Bearville runs. This is, unfortunately, something I don't know how to fix, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

i am actually using a laptop since we dont own any desktops. i tried going again but the glitch reappeared. Which browser would you recommend ?
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeCyBearGuide Thu May 26, 2011 2:49 am

JamieMusicBear61 wrote:I tried this myself too, and I got to the ski lodge train station without any problems. Try using another browser.

Thank you fur sharing! Please Lock, question answered  203437

i am actually using a laptop since we dont own any desktops. i tried going again but the glitch reappeared.

That' really strange... Have you tried clearing your cache? This usually fixes most of the glitches in the game.

Which browser would you recommend ?

Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome works pretty well. Please Lock, question answered  465488
JoeCyBearGuide
JoeCyBearGuide

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretNinja Thu May 26, 2011 8:29 am

I have Google Chrome. Its really fast even though I used an internet stick,.
SecretNinja
SecretNinja
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Fri May 27, 2011 12:26 am

Thanks everyone !
Ill cleared my cache and now it works fine Please Lock, question answered  143839
Thank you very much !
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Fri May 27, 2011 12:27 am

Question answered, please lock .
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeCyBearGuide Fri May 27, 2011 1:45 am

AleciaAutumn10 wrote:Thanks everyone !
Ill cleared my cache and now it works fine Please Lock, question answered  143839
Thank you very much !

You're welcome! Please Lock, question answered  203437
JoeCyBearGuide
JoeCyBearGuide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down