Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Do not give out your personal information

+9
Eddy
CarlyAllHeart261
ValarieCuddles3
zoeybearsrule200
GreenEarthGirl123
JoeCyBearGuide
AAInsider
Test
AshtonCyBearGuide
13 posters

Go down

Warning: Do not give out your personal information  Empty Warning: Do not give out your personal information

Post by AshtonCyBearGuide Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:20 am

We recently received an email from a guest saying that Build-A-Bear Workshop emailed and asked for a home address. We will never email you and ask you for personal information. If you receive an email that says you won pawsome virtual stuff and to just send your mailing address and they will send you the stuff – do not believe it. This is not an email from us. Also, all emails from Build-A-Bear Workshop will come from @buildabear.com, not any other email provider e.g., hotmail.com, yahoo.com gmail.com. If you have received an email and are in doubt, please email vwhelp@buildabear.com and we will verify if it is real.
AshtonCyBearGuide
AshtonCyBearGuide
Build-A-Bearville CyBearGuide

Back to top Go down

Warning: Do not give out your personal information  Empty Re: Warning: Do not give out your personal information

Post by Test Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:30 am

Okay, thank you Ashton. I recently recieved a message on a site from a 'babwassociate' who said they worked at BABW. She said she would give me a free online build a bear and credits if I gave her my BABV account details (of which I did not fall for) So I just wanted to say I think there is a hacker on a site (I cannot mention offsite names, so I will just say 'on a site')
Warning: Do not give out your personal information  465488
Test
Test
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Warning: Do not give out your personal information  Empty Re: Warning: Do not give out your personal information

Post by AAInsider Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:44 am

Great Tips!
AAInsider
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeCyBearGuide Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:35 am

*Test* wrote:Okay, thank you Ashton. I recently recieved a message on a site from a 'babwassociate' who said they worked at BABW. She said she would give me a free online build a bear and credits if I gave her my BABV account details (of which I did not fall for) So I just wanted to say I think there is a hacker on a site (I cannot mention offsite names, so I will just say 'on a site')
Warning: Do not give out your personal information  465488

Good job there *Test*. These scammers usually lure players by saying they'll be giving out free-stuff.

Like what Ashton posted, whenever you guys are in doubt, email vwhelp@buildabear.com.

Warning: Do not give out your personal information  203437
JoeCyBearGuide
JoeCyBearGuide
Build-A-Bearville CyBearGuide

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenEarthGirl123 Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:58 am

Yeah i got an email weeks ago from @live.com that said that some accounts were going to be deleted and that i had to send in my babv username and password so my account wouldn't be deleted. Of course i did not reply but i have been getting them alot.
GreenEarthGirl123
GreenEarthGirl123
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by zoeybearsrule200 Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:03 am

OMG thank you! I haven't got anythig like that yet, but I will keep my eye open
zoeybearsrule200
zoeybearsrule200
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by ValarieCuddles3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:58 am

thanks for the headups!
ValarieCuddles3
ValarieCuddles3
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlyAllHeart261 Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:59 am

Thank you for the information Ashton! Warning: Do not give out your personal information  465488
CarlyAllHeart261
CarlyAllHeart261
Forum Assist/Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by ValarieCuddles3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:01 am

Edited/ Please do not spam the board
-HamptonBear
ValarieCuddles3
ValarieCuddles3
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddy Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:51 am

thanks Warning: Do not give out your personal information  465488
Eddy
Eddy
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by xXBlackCatXx Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks Now i know to keep my eyes open this has not yet happened to me
xXBlackCatXx
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JanetBanana21 Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Thanks for the info!
JanetBanana21
JanetBanana21
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by DinnergirlSam47 Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Yes Thank you
DinnergirlSam47
DinnergirlSam47
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by kristylucky1 Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Phew! Thanks Ashton! Warning: Do not give out your personal information  465488
kristylucky1
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down