Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Email from BABW..?

+10
Test
Amber♥
Admin
ashleypink30
LeAnneCool
Krissy
mandymagnificent
ClayLuv1
~Rain~
JeannaBearFun
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Email from BABW..? Empty Email from BABW..?

Post by JeannaBearFun Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:39 am

I got an email asking for my BABV account name and password. But, I'm not sure if this is real so if anyone can help me, thank you so much!
Email from BABW..? Zk0ao3

Last edited by JeannaBearFun on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
JeannaBearFun
JeannaBearFun
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Email from BABW..? Empty Re: Email from BABW..?

Post by ~Rain~ Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:46 am

It looks real. Yup, I think it's real, cause I heard some rumors of them doing safety checks, this time of year, to make sure your account is safe.
~Rain~
~Rain~
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JeannaBearFun Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:50 am

Remi11 wrote:It looks real. Yup, I think it's real, cause I heard some rumors of them doing safety checks, this time of year, to make sure your account is safe.
Ok, thanks for helping. Email from BABW..? 465488 I wanted to make sure because if it's a spam I could get hacked! If it's real I better reply or my BABV account will be gone! D:
JeannaBearFun
JeannaBearFun
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by ClayLuv1 Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:54 am

I don't think its's real because if it was they would have capotilized "Thank you beary much"I haven't gotten one and it does say Every Citizen!Also why would your account be discountected?And I have never heard of the website buildabearworkshop@live.com before.I personally don't think it's real.I am sorry if I am wrong but better to be safe than sorry.And when you get an email like this you should always re-read it to make sure that even the smallest things are correct.Like a mayjor company would have capitalzed Thank you beary much.I will let you know if I reacive one of them E-mails.
ClayLuv1
ClayLuv1
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by mandymagnificent Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:56 am

Do not email back anything until we have heard word from the cbg'S please
mandymagnificent
mandymagnificent
Manager Bear
Manager Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:58 am

Wow, this is scary. Please do not do anything until we hear something.
Krissy
Krissy
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by ClayLuv1 Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:00 am

Oh and one thing is that it says someone is using this e-mail address reacatly and it sas you recive this e-mail about that.And that right there are like huge flashing lights,just calling out going'Fake Fake Fake".Not unless you used it reacitly?Wow this is confusing lol.
ClayLuv1
ClayLuv1
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by JeannaBearFun Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:02 am

clayluv1 wrote:I don't think its's real because if it was they would have capotilized "Thank you beary much"I haven't gotten one and it does say Every Citizen!Also why would your account be discountected?And I have never heard of the website buildabearworkshop@live.com before.I personally don't think it's real.I am sorry if I am wrong but better to be safe than sorry.And when you get an email like this you should always re-read it to make sure that even the smallest things are correct.Like a mayjor company would have capitalzed Thank you beary much.I will let you know if I reacive one of them E-mails.
Your right. =/ Ugh, I just wanna know if this is a spam! D:
JeannaBearFun
JeannaBearFun
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by ClayLuv1 Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:03 am

JeannaBearFun wrote:
clayluv1 wrote:I don't think its's real because if it was they would have capotilized "Thank you beary much"I haven't gotten one and it does say Every Citizen!Also why would your account be discountected?And I have never heard of the website buildabearworkshop@live.com before.I personally don't think it's real.I am sorry if I am wrong but better to be safe than sorry.And when you get an email like this you should always re-read it to make sure that even the smallest things are correct.Like a mayjor company would have capitalzed Thank you beary much.I will let you know if I reacive one of them E-mails.
Your right. =/ Ugh, I just wanna know if this is a spam! D:
It may be real but I would wait untill the CBGs give the OK.Also I don't have my glases on so I don't know but down at the bottom is Bearific spell wrong it has 2 rs?
ClayLuv1
ClayLuv1
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by JeannaBearFun Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:07 am

But guys..

I also got an email from BABV about multiple accounts I've made. Email from BABW..? Icon_razz They had my usernames and passwords. I deleted it though, it had a BABV banner at the bottom too..

So..why do they need it? It might not be real but CyBearGuides, I would greatly appreciate if you can answer before tomorrow. Email from BABW..? 465488
JeannaBearFun
JeannaBearFun
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by ClayLuv1 Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:11 am

Thats just it WHY do they need it?Also think of it this way.It may be forged.They could have gotten the build a bear address and copyed it and sent it around.I know that sounds weird but they wouldn't need it if they already had you other ones?Also why would they just be asking for 1.I will keep you updated if I recive anything suspisuse.
ClayLuv1
ClayLuv1
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by LeAnneCool Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:24 am

That's scary!! Don't Reply, my guess is that is a total fake. First, some of there letters aren't capitalized! And i've never heard of that e-mail adress either. Just DO NOT reply.
LeAnneCool
LeAnneCool
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleypink30 Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:35 am

I think is fake too,and i never heard about buildabearworkshop@live.com
ashleypink30
ashleypink30
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Rain~ Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:55 am

JeannaBearFun wrote:But guys..

I also got an email from BABV about multiple accounts I've made. Email from BABW..? Icon_razz They had my usernames and passwords. I deleted it though, it had a BABV banner at the bottom too..

So..why do they need it? It might not be real but CyBearGuides, I would greatly appreciate if you can answer before tomorrow. Email from BABW..? 465488

But wait.. Jeanna, ths thing is.. if it isn't BABW...how did they get your email?
~Rain~
~Rain~
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JeannaBearFun Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:05 am

^^Remi:
Who knows, they can be from a forum I'm from and they know my email address..trying to hack me..
JeannaBearFun
JeannaBearFun
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Rain~ Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:11 am

JeannaBearFun wrote:^^Remi:
Who knows, they can be from a forum I'm from and they know my email address..trying to hack me..

Maybe, you should change your emails on the forums... so they can't try to hack you again.... :mad:

Noone should be sending you emails to hack you. That's plain WRONG.
~Rain~
~Rain~
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:53 am

JeannaBearFun wrote:I got an email asking for my BABV account name and password. But, I'm not sure if this is real so if anyone can help me, thank you so much!

Check the sender's email address. I see buildabearworkshop@live.com. Live.com is a free email service of hotmail.com.

Build-A-Bear Workshop's email always ends with buildabear.com.

Example: vwhelp@buildabear.com, vwpatrol@buildabear.com, guest.services@buildabear.com

Ignore that email - it's a SCAM.
Admin
Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber♥ Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:57 am

i NEVER got one Email from BABW..? 597500
Amber♥
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JeannaBearFun Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:22 am

Admin wrote:
JeannaBearFun wrote:I got an email asking for my BABV account name and password. But, I'm not sure if this is real so if anyone can help me, thank you so much!

Check the sender's email address. I see buildabearworkshop@live.com. Live.com is a free email service of hotmail.com.

Example: vwhelp@buildabear.com, vwpatrol@buildabear.com, guest.services@buildabear.com

Ok, thank you. Email from BABW..? 143839 I didn't send an email back so that's good. Email from BABW..? 465488

If it's live.com then maybe I can figure out who did this scam. ;] Thanks so much Chuck! Email from BABW..? 143839
JeannaBearFun
JeannaBearFun
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Test Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:29 am

Yeah, definitely fake. It would be harsh if they disconnected your account if you didnt reply :\ Email from BABW..? Icon_razz

Edit: yesh, you didnt give them your username + password ever before???
Test
Test
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by JeannaBearFun Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:37 am

Thanks for the support. Email from BABW..? 143839

I found out who did it..A person from BGF..I thought we were friends.. 😢
JeannaBearFun
JeannaBearFun
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Rain~ Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:37 am

Good! Email from BABW..? 465488

Oh... Jeanna, I think I know who it is. They're WERE from your forum.
~Rain~
~Rain~
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueRocksforever1 Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:00 am

Really, really scary. I would just say not to reply to that e-mail. BABW nor BABV will never ask for your user-name or password. BABV or BABW has been voted for kid-friendly back in 2008 or 2007. So they would never do that. Build-a-Bearville patrol helped me by getting hacked because I got hacked. So they would never hack you. And disconnecting accounts...? That doesn't make any sense, they would only close (disconnect) your account if you have done anything wrong. Just don't reply to this e-mail and live.com? BABV's e-mail always ends with ''buildabear.com''. Hope this helped Email from BABW..? 143839
BlueRocksforever1
BlueRocksforever1
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by VanessaCyBearGuide Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:28 am

Admin wrote:

I'm so sorry I wasn't able to see this sooner! Chuck is right Build-A-Bear is not affiliated with this email address nor any other free email services. Thank you JeannaBearFun for taking precautions first before sharing any of your account information. Email from BABW..? 745
VanessaCyBearGuide
VanessaCyBearGuide
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by SunniStylish Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:58 am

I can tell it's a scam because one: It says We are sending this e-mail to every citizen of buildabearville. If they are sending it, I would've gotten the message, which I didn't. Secondly, they wouldn't close your account unless you have cussed or sweared, or tried to get personal information, and thirdly, like Admin wrote that all Build-A-Bear Workshop's e-mails ends with @buildabear.com. The message had @live.com, which is with Hotmail. So yup it's a scam.
SunniStylish
SunniStylish
Associate Bear
Associate Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next