Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1

+24
jamielynn18
HamptonBear
Alexa23
alexie
Jessieskater1
amezzlia
jenim6570
fasty1
Lindaluv22
mimipinky3
claylove4
lorifluffy6
DjKickin6
AbigailAugust
mandymagnificent
iceebob
tweetysweety11
JenniferJammin21
sootbird
VictoriaSeashore
crazycheese8
Suzie
nicholas4leafclover13
Admin
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1 Empty Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1

Post by Admin Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:45 pm

Contest Title: The 4th of July

Theme: A Writing contest

Period: July 4 - 10

Prize: Welcome Pass, 5,000-worth shopping spree in Bear Stuff shop and/or Pawlette Coufur Boutique

Mechanics:
1. Show us your talent! Write an essay, short story or a poem about the 4th of July.
2. There is no word limit. Feel free to express yourself!
3. Only one entry/member is allowed.

Goodluck!

Last edited by Admin on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1 Empty Re: Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1

Post by nicholas4leafclover13 Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:35 am

Do we write it here?
nicholas4leafclover13
nicholas4leafclover13
Officer

Back to top Go down

Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1 Empty Re: Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1

Post by Suzie Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:52 am

me want to join contest... please bounce
Suzie
Suzie
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by crazycheese8 Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:18 am

The 4th of July Band
By CarolineAdventerous/crazycheese8

Past the jungle gym
By the lake
The bandstand lies
Floating in a sea of green

I smile to myself
And to all that surround me
The silence my only true companion
In a land in which time has stopped

We lock eyes and nod
Readying our senses
Preparing to brighten
The spirit of the night

The crowd is still
The fireworks explode in an array of color and sound
The conductor waves his magic wand
And the band begins to play
crazycheese8
crazycheese8
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaSeashore Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:43 am

Nice one Caroline - i might join and all Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1 465488
VictoriaSeashore
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sootbird Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:15 am

The Festival of Fireworks
By Sootbird

The silence has started
The festivities are here
Lines and lines of people
Waiting for it to start

The smell of popcorn
Drifts through the air
Drawing all people near and far
To the concessions lining the way

Then they see him
The man who starts it all
And his firework buddies
They are the wonder of wonders

We all cheer and scream
We've been waiting to long
For the explosion of spirit
To appear in the dark

Then we hear it
The noise so thrilling
The BANGS and the BOOMS
While we see the colors so bright
A shower of colors

When its all over
We cheer and we scream
Independence Day is over
But we will return next year
For the festivities once again
sootbird
sootbird
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JenniferJammin21 Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:36 am

The lights and sound are only just reminders...
By: JenniferJammin21

Gather a chair
Maybe a few more..
Hurry almost out of time!
There they go!

One, two, then tree!
Pretty they are!
Colors, too many to count
Astonishing by far

Purples, blues, golds, and green
But we almost forgot the colors in between!
Red, white, and blue
Blended together to make our flag

Time seems to have froze
Get out your camera,
Listen well..
You heart seems to have stopped beating in time

Don't be scared!
Hold you head up high!
And listen and feel the harmony of Independence day,
Take you away..

Feel the breeze..
Watch the sky..
Feel the thrill,
Then know its all real

BOOM! BAM! SHIMMER!
Scream...
Let your eyes beam...
Jump with thrill of the noises...

More still come..
But you know it's almost over
Behold what's in front of your eyes...
Let the spirit mingle in your heart

Pink, marigold...
You feel as if you could just fly..
Red, white, and blue
In the shape of a heart...

Independence day..
Is only just a reminder..
To never let anything no matter how bad..
Tear your love for the world apart...
JenniferJammin21
JenniferJammin21
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaSeashore Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:24 am

Oh how could I forget
By VictoriaSeashore

4th July, that marching parade oh how could I forget?
When grandpa came and made me wave that stupid American Flag
Oh how could I forget when sister jumped onto the princess carriage, oh how could I forget?
When dad came round and rowed with my mother about taking the car out for a spin, oh how could I forget?

4th July, that marching parade, oh how could I forget?
That year when mother grounded me for not tidying my room, oh how could I forget?
In the year 2000, the American football team lost there 2nd match of the season, oh HOW could I forget?
And just last year when I could not go out with my mates, oh how on earth could I forget?

My grandma made a fast food meal with greasy hamburgers and chips, oh how could I forget?
When Auntie Mary gave me that dirty necklace which broke a few minutes after given, oh how could I forget?
That time that my sister literally strangled me, oh how could I forget?

The tribute act of Maria Carey came to my house and I thought it was her, oh how could I forget?
The American president spoke on TV the most boring speech EVER, oh how could I forget?
My sister watched on YouTube little miss muffet ALL day – oh how could I forget?

But there was one year, this year, where I actually enjoyed myself
And I was talking to my Bearville Guide Forum friends….. Just chatting
And I found out a very particular piece of information I did not know before
I have an attendancy to laugh too much online!!

MENTAL NOTE: Do not laugh like a SHEEP!
VictoriaSeashore
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetysweety11 Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:45 am

Today is America's Birthday
so wave those banners high
be thankful for your freedom
as fireworks light the sky

Celebrate with honor
wear the colors proud
salute the flag Old Glory
show American pride

Hats off to America
land of the free and brave
our country stands united
God Bless the USA

Have a wonderful 4th of July...
Maddie Dimples

****Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1 143839 Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1 143839 Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1 143839 Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1 143839 This is what this day really stand for..........INDEPENDENTS!
Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1 Star3 BECAUSE PEOPLE RIST THEIR LIVES FOR US!HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!
tweetysweety11
tweetysweety11
BGF Contest Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetysweety11 Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:50 am

^
^
^
^
^
GOOD POEM!.............LOL!It was funny!To VictoriaSeashore
tweetysweety11
tweetysweety11
BGF Contest Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by iceebob Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:00 pm

my first post (on this site, of course) :]]
Who would have thought that this day would come? On the battlefields of the Revolutionary War, our forefathers fought for freedom, for liberty, for justice. They went against all odds for what they believed in, and thus, we, as the future generations of these great Americans, celebrate this glorious remembrance of the Declaration of Independence. Their goal was for America to be a symbol of equality, and so 232 years later, we are able to celebrate; celebrate together, Americans or not.

The fourth of July is a brilliant show of fireworks: red, white, and blue. Everywhere you travel, blasts of light are entering the sky with no resistance. Kids run around, jolly in their way, innocent and shinning. However, the main attraction is not that, but rather, it is the sight of families. Whether large or tiny with a crowd of two, all are smiling and enjoying their time together. The fourth of July is a time when all stress is released, even if only for a few minutes. With music blasting with the national anthem, or America the Beautiful, everyone will stop in their tracks and feel the beauty of the event, even if they won't admit it. Sure, enemies will still remain enemies, but in those few minutes, hatred will be forgotten, and grudges will be stopped, temporarily, of course.

My family has traveled in the midst of the excitement for years, and year after year, even during all the tough times, we have been able to enjoy the event together as a family. Picnics are often the best way to go, spending some time in the park eating hot dogs, and cheeseburgers, with the temperature rising to the extremes. Who would have thought that we could become such "American born Chinese"s? That we would adjust so beautifully? Certainly not us. This must be what the forefathers feel when they look down at the celebrations that take place in the United States of America, what became of the original thirteen states that they have founded together, as Americans. Looking around on this glorious day, perhaps it is possible to see through the eyes of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, or even the common folk, for we all have a reason to celebrate on this day. Children would celebrate the fact that school is closed, and the adults? No jobs to attend to. Instead, we are able to relax with our families, a breath of fresh air, our goal complete for the day.
iceebob
iceebob
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaSeashore Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:40 pm

tweetysweety11 wrote:^
^
^
^
^
GOOD POEM!.............LOL!It was funny!To VictoriaSeashore

Well good, I am glad you liked it Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1 465488
VictoriaSeashore
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mandymagnificent Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:12 pm

those all are so good.
i would enter.
but i am just not that creative to write anything..

but good luck to all of you
mandymagnificent
mandymagnificent
Manager Bear
Manager Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AbigailAugust Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:18 pm

I love Independence day.

Independence day is a day where we watch the pretty fireworks make different shapes in the sky. Is a day we watch little rockets take off and pop for the fun of it, a day we run around and do little dances with sparklers, a day where we celebrate the indpendence of when we came free from the british, we were happy. We celebrate for all these reasons for the fighters that fought to be free. And we thank them. That's the only reason why we are free. Free to do whatever we want and not be ruled by someone who we cannot trust. That's why we celebrate, gather with family and friends, to thank our fellow fighters for fighting for freedom and that's what we got, to be free! So let's thank our fighters for risking their lifes for us to be free! Thank you.
AbigailAugust
AbigailAugust
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AbigailAugust Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:20 pm

mandymagnificent4 wrote:those all are so good.
i would enter.
but i am just not that creative to write anything..

but good luck to all of you

I am not creative to write anything either Mandy, but if you just try you will make some creative work! So go on and try! If you lose, it's OK. It was just a contest and if you follow your heart you will see that you truly are a creative writer. Like I found out today.

Last edited by shapiro on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Words were not spelled correctly but I fixed it)
AbigailAugust
AbigailAugust
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by DjKickin6 Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:34 pm

i am not entering this one. I am not the writing type!!lol
Good luck to all.
DjKickin6
DjKickin6
Associate Bear
Associate Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by lorifluffy6 Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:42 am

I've seen both sides of the fence and it has changed me forever. When i think of my country and the red white and blue, or i see the flag, and i think of everything it stands for, sometimes my eyes well with a tear it fights to hold back. My mind spins thinking of carefree children, and busy people going about their day. People complaining without thinking, of simple disappointments, while somewhere a soldier sits and misses his or her family. and wonders what they are doing now. I think through time, the sacrifices some have made or given so we can be free. I have felt the tip of the iceberg of that type of loneliness, and it was rough. Some must endure it for a long time. And when that flag waves, or those fireworks light the sky, i watch for those who cannot. I think of those who have gone through the rockets red glare for real. and their families who try to celebrate while they have given up a big central person in their lives for the rest of us. Sometimes we all in our busy lives give in to small bickerings , when some would trade those moments for anything . Lets not waste our moments.
lorifluffy6
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzie Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:13 am

do we post here or pm admin????

Last edited by Suzie on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : redo question)
Suzie
Suzie
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by claylove4 Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:45 pm

We gather ‘round to celebrate
On Independence Day
Pay homage to our country
As the children run and play.

With barbecues and picnics
And fireworks in the air
The flag we own is proudly flown
To show how much we care.

The stars and stripes spell freedom
She waves upon the breeze
While bursts of colors can be seen
Above the towering trees.

This is all quite wonderful
We revel in delight
But God above in divine love
Has brought this day to light.

With just a stroke of liberty
A touch of His great hand
He gave democracy to us
And helped this country stand.

The stripes upon our stately flag
Were touched by His sweet grace
Each star of white that shines so bright
Reflects His loving face.

So as you turn to face the flag
For battles that were fought
Be filled with pride for those who died
And freedoms that were bought.

But don’t forget to thank the One
That gives the bright display
The reason why we paint the sky
On Independence Day
claylove4
claylove4
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mimipinky3 Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:49 pm

Take a day
With all the fighting and violence
the crime and despair
This country needs to have
a day of love and care

With all the money and health problems
the thinking and crying
a day of floating and flying

With all we're given
everything that comes
a day of peace and fun

This day is called Independence Day
where everyone comes togeher to sing
everything seems ok

Take this day to welcome
all the joyful things you have
be proud of where youre from
welcome everything that comes

So put aside the problems
make peace with your enemies
This day was meant for celebrating
and remembering what was

So don't forget the veterans
the military and the army
The nurses and doctors
even the mailman

Everyone is part of the country
we'll all see the same sky
We're all here to say
Happy 4th of July

Last edited by mimipinky3 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelled few things wrong)
mimipinky3
mimipinky3
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Contest No. 6 - Winners: Mimipinky3/mandymagnificent4/ariesgirl12917/fasty1 Empty Bearville on forth of July

Post by Suzie Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:16 pm

Me love bearville. Me like playing all the pawsome games at carnival. The new game at fountain is so furbulous it had so many cool prizes. Me and friends play and see what each got ,.. We all got different things..Me and friends met at carnival ride the bearrific ferris wheel and play lots games. Then me meet new furbulos friend.. ChloeRocks.. and her gave me bunny hop and new emotion...Fireworks....Me love fireworks..After all day play friends me went with out side bearville friends and went to real fireworks.. Me had so much fun at Carnival with all me friends like have lots and lots friends every where.. Me love Bearville...

SuzieAdventureBear4 :face: :face: :face:
Suzie
Suzie
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindaluv22 Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:21 pm

do we have to say can we enter? or can we just post it cuz i wanna join!
Lindaluv22
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by fasty1 Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:26 pm

Chloe Rocks and the fire works

"Chloe over here Chloe over there!"The crowd seemed to say asthey were trying to talk to Chloe.
Flash!Flash!cameres were taking pictures of everthing.And there with Chloe was HannahCyberguide answering questions people asked.
"Ok Chloe,one more question. Why don't you give something out for the Fourth of July?"One of the people asked.
"Well i haven"t found the right gift.What should i give?A tee-shirt or a hat?"
"What about fireworks?"Another person asked
"Well i can't find any fireworks."Chloe said sadly.
"Ok kids it is time for Chloe and I to go,bye!"Hannah said and then left with Chloe somewhere where they can talk.
"Chloe you still have a lot of hours just keep looking."Hannah said
"Ok."Chloe said.
So she looked in the Bear Stuff shop,the Bear Boutique,Pawlette Coufur Boutique,the coffee shop,and last but not least Build-A-Bear Workshop.She asked Bearmy and Pawlette but they both said the same thing,sorry,but no.
She sat down on a bench and tried to think what she will do.Suddenly,Maxine popped out of nowhere .
"Hi Chloe."Maxine said,but then she saw Chloe's sad face."What’s wrong?"
"I need to find some fireworks can you help me?"Chloe asked.
"Sure in fact I already did!"Maxine replied."I came here to give you something to give to the kids."
"What is it?"Chloe said pretty excited.
"Fireworks!"Maxine replied.
And there in Maxine's hands were millions of fireworks.
"Wow!"Chloe said in joy.
So Chloe said a quick thanks and ran off too different dens and gave the bunny hop move and fireworks.At the last den Chloe left vere happily because the last thing she heard was,
We love you Chloe!
fasty1
fasty1
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by jenim6570 Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:46 pm

Lindaluv22 wrote:do we have to say can we enter? or can we just post it cuz i wanna join!
I believe you just need to post your submission here
jenim6570
Associate Bear
Associate Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by amezzlia Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:05 am

up i go
higher and higher
soon ill touch the sky
climbing further
i dont think i can make it
death if i fall
glory if i reach the top
its times like this
when i need my friends
want my friends
NOW!!
amezzlia
amezzlia
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next