Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGF Contest #13 "Gobble Up Some Fun Contest"

+43
mimipinky3
maddydecember5
bearpawsomepal
katiecubby19
horsegal1235
maya
kiki5796
jessicapopmom
schekinahblue
HunnyABee
❤Crystal❤
SilverStarsInTheSky
Fluffy4
mandypurple2
paige026
TaylorFebruary
liadeon
jderocks
WinterGlitter
Chocolatelvr
MayMay
chelseaapril57
jenzoom5
kathybearycool
sammibubbles3
blah12345
sunshinesummer7
ZefZoom11
muffinatormanic
alanabanana77
angel12_12
igooglei
GlitterL
BGF_GIRL101
CarolinaApril53
haileybighugs2
kyliegirl39
JonasGirl95
HamptonBear
zoeybear1212
friendly14
zachster96
nicholas4leafclover13
47 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

BGF Contest #13 "Gobble Up Some Fun Contest" - Page 3 Empty Re: BGF Contest #13 "Gobble Up Some Fun Contest"

Post by horsegal1235 Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:13 pm

The Thanksgiving play

Hallow- my friends bear
MeganAugust152- me

All through the first summer and the early part of autumn the Pilgrims were busy and happy. They had planted and cared for their first fields of corn. They had found wild strawberries in the meadows, raspberries on the hillsides, and wild grapes in the woods.
In the forest path just back of the medow wild turkeys were easily caught. In the shallow waters of the foutain there was plenty of fish.

The summer had been warm, with a good deal of rain and much sunshine; and so, when autumn came, there was a fine crop of corn.
"Let us gather the fruits of our first harvest and rejoice together," said MeganAugust

"Yes," said Hallow, "let us take a day upon which we may thank God for all our blessings and invite to it our Pawsome friends who have been so kind to us."

The bears said that one day was not enough; so they planned to have a celebration for a whole week.

Bearemy, came with ninety of his friends, all gaily dressed in deerskins, feathers, and fox tails, with their faces smeared with red, white, and yellow paint. In his belt he carried a long carving knife.
There were only eleven buildings in the whole of Bearville, four log storehouses, and seven little log dwelling-houses, so the Indian guests ate and slept out of doors. This did not matter for it was one of those warm weeks in the season that we call Indian summer.
To supply meat for the occasion four men had already been sent out to hunt wild turkeys. They caught enough in one day to last the company almost a week.
Bearemy helped the feast along by sending some of his bravest men into the woods. They brought back five deer which they gave to their furry friends, that all might have enough to eat.
Under the trees were built long, rude tables on which were piled broiled fish, roasted turkey, and Pumpkin pie. The young teddys helped serve the food to the hungry bears. We shall always remember two of the fair young girls who waited on the first Thanksgiving table. One was Chloerocks, who leaped first from the boat at Bearville. The other was Mamabear. who came over in the CubCondo & she was the last to leave.

What a merry time everybody had during that week! How the mothers must have laughed as they told about the first Monday morning on sunshine shores, when they all went ashore to wash their clothes! It must have been a big washing, for there had been no chance to do it at sea, so stormy had been the long voyage of sixty-three days. They little thought that Monday would always after be kept as washing day. And so the fun went on. In the daytime the young teddys ran races, played games, and had a sling-shot match. Every night the indians sang and danced for their friends; and to make the party still more lively they gave every now and then a shrill war whoop that made the woods echo in the still night air.
The third day came. Bearemy had been well treated, and would have liked to stay longer, but he said that he could not be away from his camp for more than three days. So the pipe of peace was silently passed around. Then, taking their gifts of glass beads and trinkets, the Indian King and his warriors said farewell to their furry friends and began their long march through the woods to their wigwams on Mount bear Bay.

On the last day of this Thanksgiving party, Hallow preached the first Thanksgiving sermon and all the Pilgrims united in thanking God for His goodness to them.
The first Thanksgiving was nearly four hundred years ago. Since that time, Thanksgiving has been kept by the people of our nation as the great family festival of the year. At this time teddys and grandteddys return to the old home, the long table is spread, and brothers and sisters, who had been separated, again seat themselves side by side.
Thanksgiving is our season of sweet and blessed memories.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by horsegal1235 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
horsegal1235
horsegal1235
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

BGF Contest #13 "Gobble Up Some Fun Contest" - Page 3 Empty Re: BGF Contest #13 "Gobble Up Some Fun Contest"

Post by katiecubby19 Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:08 pm

okay here's my story. if it's counted late i understand.i got home and it was 5:30 pm but when i logged on to bgf it said 1:40 am so i don't know if its counted late but enjoy anyways lol =] oh and btw my friends said it was okay to use their names in my story

A Kind Thanksgiving
Katie and her curly teddy, Gracee stepped out of their condo.
"You ready?" katie asked. "we have to catch the taxi-scooter."
"yeah" Gracee said.
Katie and Gracee then waited for the scooter. They were going down to the beautiful sunshine shores, for a thanksgiving get-away. Every year they went down there together as a little treat together. They were going to take the train but they still had repairs and katie heard it wasn't opening till nov. 27.
"i remember sunshine shores!" Gracee said "it's the place with the yummy lemonade and colorful glasses!"
"yeah and the awesome games!" katie agreed.

Katie looked at her watch and relized that they were late for the scooter and they weren't going to catch a ride with there neighbor, bryce.
"um, gracee? i think we missed the scooter. but we can walk i am positive i know the way, here hop in my backpack." Katie sugested.

So they set off to sunshine shores. Katie thought she knew the way but while she left the neighborhood she took a wrong turn and started headign towards the forest instead of town square. Before katie knew it she and gracee were lost in friendship forest in the meadow.

" aw man i think im lost gracee!" she said as she sat on the nearby bench. She watched as a wild turkey ran around in the meadow hiding in the trees and bushes.

Katie started getting cold in her satin holiday dress. She wished she were out shopping in the fashion district. She wanted just to get cozy in her patched pants, eskimo jacket, and bear head slippers. As she started thinking of her clothes she knew would keep her warm she heard a low grumble. she looked down at gracee.

"gracee your hungry aren't you?" Katie asked.
"yeah, do you have any snacks katie?" gracee pleeded.
"yeah here let me check, great idea." katie told gracee as she searched her new heart tote. she found two candies left over from halloween. they were katie's favorites, resses and a tootsie roll. AS bad as she wanted to eat the chocolates she gave them to gracee. Gracee enjoyed every bit.

After seeing Gracee so hungry and knowing how cold katie was, katie started thinking. She thought about others who could be as cold as her or as hungry as gracee. She didn't want anyone to have to feel like that, especially on thanksgiving. She thought maybe she could give someone some extra money in a trade, or maybe if someone doesn't have as many clothes as her, she could give one of her button up dresses. she wanted to do all she could do to help others who felt like her and gracee. she wanted everyone to have the joyous feeling of kindness when it's given to them. Katie knew she was grateful for all the psi's she had. but she knew it's not about how many psi's anyone has, or how much money, clothes, or anything. Katie wanted to give away kindness.

"look katie!" gracee said interupting katie's thoughts.
katie looked up and saw a light coming from the farm. she knew it was a scooter light. As the light got closer it stopped in the middle of the meadow and a girl katie's age approached katie and gracee.
"are you guy's lost?" the girl asked.
"yes, very much actually," katie laughed, "do you know the way back to the neighborhood? Gracee and I have been lost in the forest all day. Gracee is my curly teddy, Im katie. "

"Hi katie! Hi gracee! Im danielle," danielle said with a big smile. "im headed towards the neighborhood. you can hop on the back of my scooter if you'd like."
"oh thank you so much!!" katie and gracee said at the same time.'

when katie got on the scooter with gracee in her backpack she saw danielle was shivering. She wanted to be friends badly with danielle. She could all ready danielle was a very nice person by the way she helped katie and gracee when she was cold herself.
"would you like to come to my house for thanksgiving tonight? maybe we could have a sleep over!" katie asked danielle.
" i would love that!" danielle said with a big grin.
Katie and all her furry friends and Danielle and all her furry friends had a slumber party that thanksgiving. THey became very good friends. katie never forgot how nice danielle was that thanksgiving, and danielle never forgot how kind katie was.

'instead of sunshine shores, i think i loved having danielle over this thanksgiving' katie thought.
Both katie and danielle never forgot that thanksgiving night.

the
end
katiecubby19
katiecubby19
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by bearpawsomepal Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Trisha the Turkey and the Thanksgiving dinner

Trisha the turkey stared outside her window, everything seemed as if it was fall scenery and Christmas was around the corner but what really made her feathers tremble was Thanksgiving. Each year they ate and stuffed a turkey which made her sick to her stomach. She new that the buildabearville citizens were nice to her but what if they were fattening her up for Thanksgiving? Just as she was about to go back to the pen George the goose walked up to her and said, Sooo sad about Thanksgiving it was nice nowing you Trish well bye hope they don't stuff you!'' Trisha gulped even the gullable goose thought she was dinner! What would happen to her?
Trisha woke up in her pen to hear a loud howl and a crash she walked silently out and stared at the run down house in front of her. There was two boys throwing stone's at her owners window! She knew she had to do something but the thought of being dinner she turned around, suddenly she became bold and walked up to one of the boys tore off his pants and went running. She knew it would catch her owner's attention they hated it when she ran around in their crops. The farmer burst open the door and scared the boys away. The buildabearville family walked up to her and started soothing her,'' you did a good job girl and don't worry your not dinner.'' to hear these words Trisha relaxed. She now realized fall was a beautiful season that welcomes winter and as the last leaf fell of the oak tree Trisha bunched up her chubby feather and went to sleep.
bearpawsomepal
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by maddydecember5 Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:42 pm

[b] "The day of thanksgiving is here"! Maddydecemcer5 shouted. But when her mom had heard her she said in a slow voice, " well um Maddy we have no turkey for the feats of thanksgiving".

Maddy was sad the only thing to make this day great was a turkey they ate. Then all of a sudden Maddy had an idea, why dont we go o your brothers turkey farm and pick up one there? Her mom had agreed they headed out and brought back a plump old one.

Twas the thanksgiving feast a yummy one Maddy might say but the only thing that made it great was friends, family, and of course the turkey.

Maddy soon was full of turkey, ham, and mashed potatos too. Maddy was happy still as you can see and her family was so filled with glee. Thanksgiving had been saved the thanksgiving feast by her idea to get a turkey from a turkey farm owned by her brother.

So that is the end of thanksgiving tale, hope you enjoyed it. Thankyou and thanks for reading.
maddydecember5
maddydecember5
Associate Bear
Associate Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by bearpawsomepal Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:53 pm

Edited/Please do not act like an officer/Nicholas4leafclover13
bearpawsomepal
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mimipinky3 Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:56 am

The Thanksgiving Mix-up

"Honestly Bearemy...That doesnt look right." Maxine picked up a fork and poked at the burnt turkey on the table. With all her friends gathered around the table for the thanksgiving feast, she wanted it to be perfect. Bearemy looked around, trying not to make eye contact with Chloe. "Im beary sorry everyone...I forgot it was in the oven..". Maxine gave Bearemy a hug. It wasnt his fault. Chloe stood up and walked over to them. "hey guys. Why dont we go down to the coffee shop? I hear theyre serving turkeys tonight." The friends all agreed. They gathered up their coats and left Maxines condo.
Outside, it was freezing out. The winds were blowing strong. Bearemy had to hold Pawlettes paw so she wouldnt blow away! They finally made their way to the coffee shop. There were lots of people there waitng in line for their turkey dinners. The friends were seated at a nice table, and the waiter came to take their order. They ordered the turkey feast that was being served that night, and seperate dish for each frend. When the waiter came back with their dinners, they decided to eat the turkey first. It tasted great! Maxine smiled as she looked around. Everything was going perefectly...but then she bit into her sandwich. It tasted terrible....like fish. She hates fish! She pushed the plate away from her. Chloe looked up from her turkey. "Whats wrong Maxine?" Maxine crossed her arms. "They gave me the wrong order!" Bearemy looked at the sandwich: yes it was fish! They called the waiter over and he denied he did anything wrong. Maxine was so mad she got up and went to the secret room. Chloe followed her in and sat down with her. They had a long talk about sharing feelings and just staying beary happy! Maxine was cheered up again thanks to Chloe, but she was upset that the dinner was ruined. She went back to the table and said "Guys I think we should go somewhere else." Her friends, being supportive, agrred to it. As they stood up from the table, Pawlettes bread on her sandwich fell off. Maxine stopped, and went over to it. She lifted the bread and it turned out Pawlette had been given Maxines sandwich, and Maxne was given hers. Instanly everyone started laughing about the whole thing. They apologied to the waiter and sat back down for the rest of their excellent feast.
mimipinky3
mimipinky3
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by kyliegirl39 Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:18 am

When will the winners be posted??
kyliegirl39
kyliegirl39
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by tweetysweety11 Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:23 am

The Thanksgiving Suprise by MaddieDimples16

"Wake up......wake up!"yelled bunny."What is it?"I moaned,rolling over for more sleep."IT'S THANKSGIVING!!"yelled Bunny."What's that?"I said looking confused. "It is like the greatest day ever!,we give thanks for the things we have and be thankful for the food we eat."Bunny explained. I reached for my bunny slippers from under the bed."Like, those bunny slippers,give thanks to who gave them to you."Bunny said. Lets go out and see what buildabearville is doing on this special day."said Bunny.

After I got dress in my rockin new outfit from Pawlette and my fuzzy bear slippers. Me and Bunny hopped on my brand new mooter scooter and headed to Town Square.

"Where's everyone?"I said."Well this is only town square,maybe there somewhere around"said Bunny"You're right,why sweat it."I said,looking around.I wondered why no one was here not even bearemy.We took off to look around.

"We have looked every where,where could they be??"I said. Sniff sniff......... "What's wrong Bunny?"I asked "I thought thanksgiving was a day of fun and giving thanks........"said bunny. "It is.....---I stopped when I heard something...It sounds like music. "IT IS!I yelled with joy."It's coming from the rooftop!"yelled bunny. We both jumped on the big bouncy trampoline and up we went.
"LOOK LOOK!There's are friends,neighbors,and even Bearemy."I yelled "There's Maxine,chloe rocks, pawlette,and brown sugar puppy ,too."said Bunny

We danced the night away to the cool tunes.I did the swim,disco,and the groove.We ate a big dinner and gave thanks.

After the big thanksgiving bash, Bunny and me hopped on to my mooter scooter and headed to our cub condo."Wow,that was so fun!"I said."Maddie,why didn't you know about this party?"

Ummmmmm................ummm mm....I forgot??

And we both laughed!
:lol: ❤

HAPPY THANKSGIVING![/ BGF Contest #13 "Gobble Up Some Fun Contest" - Page 3 143839

Last edited by tweetysweety11 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
tweetysweety11
tweetysweety11
BGF Contest Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by bearpawsomepal Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:42 am

i
bearpawsomepal
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MeganAugust152 Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:44 pm

THE GREAT TURKEY ESCAPE!

Its thanksgiving! oh no! A turkey LIKE ME! is usally hiding by now! WHERE SHOULD I HIDE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE? There are bears every where i turn
oh no! i'm going to be the meal this year!!! why can't they eat something else for Thanksgiving? like CHICKEN! I know i will dress a chiken up as a turkey!! Then i will hide in someones backpack like a build a bear! why didn't i think of that!?!?!

~~~~~~~
Im at the Friendship forest farm! there has to be chicken here and i have the costume ready! THERES ONE! GET BACK HERE MR CHICKEN!.......
GOTCHA! HA! i will now realease him into the Friendship Forest path where the hunt usually begins! there i will also find an empty back pack disgsed as a limited edition turkey animal!

~~~~~~~~
now i am in the friendship forest path and i will release my chicken / turkey friend, and find a backpack to hide in! -looks around for hunters- just in time! i see a hunter with an empty backpack already! -drops chicken/turkey and hops into emptybag- hm! nice and coasy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

the chase is on! they have spotted the chicken! -laughs- i can't believe they are believeing this! did i make the costume that realistic?
BGF Contest #13 "Gobble Up Some Fun Contest" - Page 3 Turkey10

NA!
yay! im saved till next year and free to see the snows of winter!
oh happy days happy days!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Thanksgiving is great! the "turkey" is cooked and stuffed, the pies are out and everything i heard thanksgiving was about is out!

now we say i prayers then shout HAPPY THANKSGIVING! and dig in!

then they all lived happily ever after, well excpet for the chicken of course

THE END!

BGF Contest #13 "Gobble Up Some Fun Contest" - Page 3 Turkey11
MeganAugust152
MeganAugust152
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Thanksgiving Day In BABV

Thanksgiving is about being thankful for what we have and giving appreciation to our surroundings, everybody should have a positive attitude and give respect to one another. We help each other to show that we are thankful.

Today was a beary special holiday in Build-A-Bearville, it was Thanksgiving! It was one of the busiest holidays too. Everybody was preparing for the Thanksgiving Feast. Some people were out in Friendship Forest Meadow hunting for turkey, others were cooking for the feast.

Down in the Neighborhood there was CelinePawPrint with her family and friends gathering in the neighborhood to celebrate Thanksgiving. Everybody was so excited and wanted to know what they should do first. They had all decided to donate bear bills to unfortunate citizens. They were running all over Build-A-Bearville, up and down the streets throwing piles of bear bills for who ever needed them.

After donating bear bills, the group went to Bear Stuff. They drove on their hoover boards, scooters and propeller hats together. Thanksgiving decorations and furniture were bought for the Thanksgiving Feast. After donating bear bills, the group went to Bear Stuff. They drove on their hoover boards, scooters and propeller hats together. The bunch bought Thanksgiving decorations and furniture for the feast. Next, they went to Bear Boutique and Pawlette Coufur to buy furbulous Thanksgiving outfits.

When all of the shopping was finished, the group went to CelinePawPrint's cub condo. All was being done, the turkey was being cooked, the new furniture just bought from Bear Stuff was being put into place.

Finally, after several hours all of the food was cooked and ready to be served. Everybody changed into their brand new, fashionable outfits from Pawlette Coufur and Bear Boutique. All of the citizens and furry friends of Build-A-Bearville were invited to the Thanksgiving Feast. When the guests arrived, CelinePawPrint and her family and friends gave them a brief welcoming. Before everybody ate, each person and furry friend showed how they were thankful for what they had.

Everybody ate, and ate. At the end of the feast all of the food was gone! After many conversations with the guests, they said their good-byes and went home. By the time all of the guests got to their cub condos they were sleeping, safe and sound.

The Thanksgiving in Build-A-Bearville was great! Remember, always be thankful to what you have. Happy Thanksgiving!
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by lizsugarsweet13 Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:36 pm

Happy Thanksgiving All!
Hi all My name is Lizsugarsweet13 you can call me
Sweet,Liz,or Lizsugarsweet13 any of those is fine
And here's is My Thanksgiving Story hope you like it
I am Thankful for the air i breath,The food i eat,A roof
over my head,for having BGF and BABV which are so great!,
MaxineClarkCEB,ChloeRocks,Admin,Officers and people that
care so much,the people that help our planet be a better
place,I am thankful to have animals on our planet they
are just so nice and cute,I am thankful for,everything that's
good,I am thankful to be a Christian,I am thankful for God,
I am thankful for friends,I am thankful for cures,I am thankful for
Technology and most of all i am thankful for love
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What Is Thanksgiving
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanksgiving is about love,care and much more my fave thing about thanksgiving is the food cause it is yummy but it is also a time for people to be loved and cared about and they will think of how loved and cared they are.I really love my family but sometime they can be mean but they will always love you and so will you so rememer even if you ever get in a fight jsut rembember you will always be loved and cared about and i hope you have the bestest Thanksgiving and it is almost Chritmas too so....Happy almost Merry Christmas and i also made a pic of a christmas tree with my name and i will try to scan it so you can see it and rate it and i hope you have fun and always rember you are being watched and love by angels and your family BGF Contest #13 "Gobble Up Some Fun Contest" - Page 3 143839

lizsugarsweet13
lizsugarsweet13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by TaylorFebruary Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:34 pm

Edited/Please do not act like an officer/Nicholas4leafclover13
TaylorFebruary
TaylorFebruary
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mandypurple2 Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:23 am

its not the end of friday for some i think!
mandypurple2
mandypurple2
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by horsegal1235 Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:31 am

if you don't want anymore entries get a staff member to lock it
horsegal1235
horsegal1235
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholas4leafclover13 Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:06 am

Thank you for entering everyone. We will pick the winners and make a thread for them to post in later. Thank you all! BGF Contest #13 "Gobble Up Some Fun Contest" - Page 3 143839
nicholas4leafclover13
nicholas4leafclover13
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3