Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Harry Potter Fan Club

+21
bearvilleisawesome
winter
Bear
HarryLove13
Loveablegirl
helenacool18
Kaleb
cyrus2hip594
KateBearsRock46
Collin
MollyFlyer
muffinatormanic
Dillonus
Noel
GwynethLove
Anita
AleciaAutumn10
Daize
Admin
Luv
Lovelistic
25 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

The Harry Potter Fan Club - Page 5 Empty Re: The Harry Potter Fan Club

Post by Daize Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:21 am

Lovelistic wrote:
Daize wrote:
GwynethLove wrote:Hmm.... Guess what! I'm under bad weather....
Off topic -__-
But I hope it gets better for you...

So Chrissy, is it okay if we discuss Harry Potter like randomly?

What would I Harry Potter fan club be if I said no? xD
xD

---

What was the saddest part of the whole series in your opinion and why?

Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:37 am

The end of book 7, with Harry's parents . . . absolutely heartbreaking. And depressing that they'd be supportive of what was apparently a suicidal gesture.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovelistic Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:45 am

Daize wrote:
Lovelistic wrote:
Daize wrote:
GwynethLove wrote:Hmm.... Guess what! I'm under bad weather....
Off topic -__-
But I hope it gets better for you...

So Chrissy, is it okay if we discuss Harry Potter like randomly?

What would I Harry Potter fan club be if I said no? xD
xD

---

What was the saddest part of the whole series in your opinion and why?

I'm just going to quote this.

The saddest for me is the chapter "The Prince's Tale" in the Deathly Hallows. It's sad because for me I think Snape deserved Lily more than James even though Snape called her a mudblood. He was a good friend,you know until he called her a mudblood, told her she was a witch and he guided her through the wizarding world. Well if James never married Lily there would be no Harry and no defeating Voldemort but I'm just saying. It's not sob story sad but it's just...i'm just going to stop talking now xD
Lovelistic
Lovelistic
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:10 am

[quote=Lovelistic]

The saddest for me is the chapter "The Prince's Tale" in the Deathly Hallows. It's sad because for me I think Snape deserved Lily more than James even though Snape called her a mudblood. He was a good friend,you know until he called her a mudblood, told her she was a witch and he guided her through the wizarding world. Well if James never married Lily there would be no Harry and no defeating Voldemort but I'm just saying. It's not sob story sad but it's just...i'm just going to stop talking now xD[/quote]
I felt sooo badd for Snape when he was killed. It was just HEART SHATTERING.
He was always the good guy and he never got what he deserved.
Throughout his life he was teased and unloved..
He was such a good friend to Lily, and she wouldn't have died if he was with him. Such a good wizard.
It's not that sad, I must admit. Not my saddest moment, but it was really sad.
He protected Harry so much, and was loyal to Dumbledore. Risking his life every moment.
Even though he said she was a mudblood, I'm pretty sure James made tons of mistakes too!!!

Okay, I'll stop talking now.

@Molly, it was pretty depressing!
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovelistic Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:17 am

Daize wrote:[quote=Lovelistic]

The saddest for me is the chapter "The Prince's Tale" in the Deathly Hallows. It's sad because for me I think Snape deserved Lily more than James even though Snape called her a mudblood. He was a good friend,you know until he called her a mudblood, told her she was a witch and he guided her through the wizarding world. Well if James never married Lily there would be no Harry and no defeating Voldemort but I'm just saying. It's not sob story sad but it's just...i'm just going to stop talking now The Harry Potter Fan Club - Page 5 1107968042
I felt sooo badd for Snape when he was killed. It was just HEART SHATTERING.
He was always the good guy and he never got what he deserved.
Throughout his life he was teased and unloved..
He was such a good friend to Lily, and she wouldn't have died if he was with him. Such a good wizard.
It's not that sad, I must admit. Not my saddest moment, but it was really sad.
He protected Harry so much, and was loyal to Dumbledore. Risking his life every moment.
Even though he said she was a mudblood, I'm pretty sure James made tons of mistakes too!!!

Okay, I'll stop talking now.

@Molly, it was pretty depressing!
[/quote]

I hate it when people die. When Sirius died it literally made me cry. Lol The Harry Potter Fan Club - Page 5 Icon_razz Those are always sad moments especially when the people who die are the nice characters and the loyal people and stuff D: .
Lovelistic
Lovelistic
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:24 am

One of the characters I found to be unexpectedly sympathetic was Petunia. She may have been horrible to Harry, but . . . I can see a lot of the fans of the series ending up the same way. To know that magic exists, that it's real, but you can't be a part of that world. To know that your prettier, smarter, more popular sister gets to go and be magical and wonderful and all that, but you're stuck being a simple muggle. I can see reaching a point where you have to tell yourself that you're better off without it, even if every part of you aches to be among them. That kind of exclusion can fester and become something horrible.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovelistic Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:29 am

MollyFlyer wrote:One of the characters I found to be unexpectedly sympathetic was Petunia. She may have been horrible to Harry, but . . . I can see a lot of the fans of the series ending up the same way. To know that magic exists, that it's real, but you can't be a part of that world. To know that your prettier, smarter, more popular sister gets to go and be magical and wonderful and all that, but you're stuck being a simple muggle. I can see reaching a point where you have to tell yourself that you're better off without it, even if every part of you aches to be among them. That kind of exclusion can fester and become something horrible.

That..I don't know how to say. Touched me. Lol. xD. And I agree.
Lovelistic
Lovelistic
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Not to mention the fact that she shows the classic signs of having OCD -- it's not mentally healthy to scrub down every kitchen surface with bleach each night (specified in book 6 as a routine of hers).

What I'd hoped to see from her in book 7 was her telling Harry 'Good luck' before leaving. She'd taken him in because she knew it would save his life, even while she risked placing her son in the same painful position she'd been in -- to grow up with someone who'd become something you could never grasp -- and while the treatment was far from kind, she kept him alive.

The odd part of thinking like this is that it changes how you read the books; it stops being funny when you see Petunia in genuine distress, trying to help her son whose tongue is swelling to life-threatening proportions after being given a magical candy.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Your right about Petunia. I would probably feel the same way.
But it's also unfair to Harry, who hasn't done anything to her.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:13 am

I know. I'm just saying, she was just screwed up in a way that she didn't even realize the right way to raise her own son -- he was treated as badly as Harry, in a way.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:09 am

True. One spoilt and the other treated like a servant D:
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:31 am

I agree.
Despite the way she treated him, it was true that she cared. Otherwise, she would keep him hungry, send him away. The important thing is that she took care of him for all those years, even though she despised her sister!
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovelistic Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:05 am

Well,I don't know where I got this but, if Petunia didn't take Harry in and Voldemort knew Petunia was Harry's only relative, wouldn't he go to their house and find answers about where Harry is? And if she said "I don't know" surely since she's a muggle he'd kill her and because she doesn't know. You can't expect Voldemort to say "Oh,well. It's okay you don't know where Harry is. My Death Eater's and I will find him anyway or he'll come to us."
Lovelistic
Lovelistic
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:58 am

Lovelistic wrote:Well,I don't know where I got this but, if Petunia didn't take Harry in and Voldemort knew Petunia was Harry's only relative, wouldn't he go to their house and find answers about where Harry is? And if she said "I don't know" surely since she's a muggle he'd kill her and because she doesn't know. You can't expect Voldemort to say "Oh,well. It's okay you don't know where Harry is. My Death Eater's and I will find him anyway or he'll come to us."
Haha yeah.
But it's still a great deal. I mean, since she HATED wizards and since she had a family of her own to take care of, and she knew how it felt to be unnoticed because her sister was also a wizard, and didn't want Dudley to feel the same, it was still a big thing. And, she bought him glasses too The Harry Potter Fan Club - Page 5 Icon_razz

It was real touching when Dudley said that he saved his life, before leaving. It was awkward too. Lol. After all those years of no love, and hatred, in the end, when he admitted his gratitude to Harry, it was real touching.

Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:13 pm

Voldemort might not have gone after Petunia; after all, the sisters hadn't spoken in years, and the most likely reason he'd have for targeting her would be to scare Lily -- to know that her family was attacked because of her.

Given the added trouble of raising an extra child and the worry about harm that might come to her own son -- direct or indirect -- because of it, it says a lot that Petunia didn't just drop him off at the doorstep of the nearest orphanage.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:43 am

MollyFlyer wrote:Voldemort might not have gone after Petunia; after all, the sisters hadn't spoken in years, and the most likely reason he'd have for targeting her would be to scare Lily -- to know that her family was attacked because of her.

Given the added trouble of raising an extra child and the worry about harm that might come to her own son -- direct or indirect -- because of it, it says a lot that Petunia didn't just drop him off at the doorstep of the nearest orphanage.
Totally.
Who would have cared if she dropped Harry? Nothing would have happened to her..
But she kept him. And that just proves that behind the hate, is love ;D
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovelistic Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:21 am

Daize wrote:
MollyFlyer wrote:Voldemort might not have gone after Petunia; after all, the sisters hadn't spoken in years, and the most likely reason he'd have for targeting her would be to scare Lily -- to know that her family was attacked because of her.

Totally.

LOL. True but it could have happened xD.
Lovelistic
Lovelistic
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by GwynethLove Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:09 am

About the Hangman.. Is there an A?
GwynethLove
GwynethLove
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:31 am

Lovelistic wrote:
Daize wrote:

Totally.

LOL. True but it could have happened xD.
If she dropped Harry I think Dumbledore would convince her to take Harry back in. Dumbledore had his ways. I think she kept him because she cared and also Dumbledore made her. I think she should have treated him waaay better. Despite of her past, I don't think its right. If they made Harry their servant, wouldn't it be like Child labor or something?
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:49 am

Yeah, but it's kinda weird that Dumbledore would go to so much effort to convince her to keep him but wouldn't do anything to convince her to treat Harry better.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:31 am

MollyFlyer wrote:Yeah, but it's kinda weird that Dumbledore would go to so much effort to convince her to keep him but wouldn't do anything to convince her to treat Harry better.
Yeah I guess. But remember Dumbledore said Harry's relative would let Harry avoid the Dark lord so Harry had to stay with the Durleys till he was of age
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:07 am

Ravenclaw-ers seem to be the only active ones around here and I'm actually pointing my finger at Daisy and Luv. :lol:

--

Lol, why? I wazs the first to join.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovelistic Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:29 am

GwynethLove wrote:About the Hangman.. Is there an A?

Yes there is two A's. Two points to Ravenclaw
Lovelistic
Lovelistic
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:45 am

muffinatormanic wrote:
MollyFlyer wrote:Yeah, but it's kinda weird that Dumbledore would go to so much effort to convince her to keep him but wouldn't do anything to convince her to treat Harry better.
Yeah I guess. But remember Dumbledore said Harry's relative would let Harry avoid the Dark lord so Harry had to stay with the Durleys till he was of age

Yes, I get why Dumbledore wanted Harry to stay with the Dursleys -- but not why he wouldn't try to talk the Dursleys into treating Harry decently.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:10 am

MollyFlyer wrote:
muffinatormanic wrote:

Yes, I get why Dumbledore wanted Harry to stay with the Dursleys -- but not why he wouldn't try to talk the Dursleys into treating Harry decently.
Yeah I guess Dumbledore didn't realize that until Harry actually attended Hogwarts
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next