Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Mystery Revealed

3 posters

Go down

A Mystery Revealed Empty A Mystery Revealed

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Sat May 28, 2011 1:18 am

This is my first time writing a story on BGF, so don't mind if its not that good A Mystery Revealed 465488

PART 1

I looked both ways and crossed the street. I didn't think a car would come this late at night, but just to be safe. I looked along the sidewalk, enveloped in darkness. The only source of light was the one dimming streetlight for the next five miles. They had chose the perfect spot, isolated and eerie. Even if the outcome was bad, I could be disposed of easily. No witnesses. There was no family that would miss me.

I stood atop the bridge and looked at the hypnotizing washing of the waves, back and forth, back and forth. Where were they? I retrieved the blue post-it from my pocket and held it up into the little light I had. It had magically appeared on my wall this morning, staring at me at the dining table. I seemed to have followed the map correctly, I had lived in Pittsburg my whole life. I knew the city like the back of my hand. My phone buzzed the time, it was 11:30. Half an hour late? These people were not known to be late.

I sat on the dusty bench and looked out at the sea. What had I gotten myself into? My phone glowed in the dark, flashing the time in my face. No calls or messages. Even after leaving 32 messages of long sorries and leaving 28 missed calls with long voicemails didn't help the cause. Leah would not forgive me. Stubborn. Should I leave another message? Might make me look desperate. I placed my phone in the pocket of my jeans and went into deep thought. I still couldn't fathom the idea of how much I had ruined my whole life in just one day, all because of the blue post-it. I crumpled up the small paper and threw it into the ocean, soon feeling guilty about adding to the on growing pollution. A frigid breeze picked, tickling my ears and chilling me to the bones. I zipped up my black overcoat and pulled on my gloves. I hated winter. I looked at the bright full moon and went into a flashback.

TO BE CONTINUED ...

Last edited by AleciaAutumn10 on Sat May 28, 2011 1:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Indentation :D)
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

A Mystery Revealed Empty Re: A Mystery Revealed

Post by Admin Sat May 28, 2011 3:00 am

Aw, do you really have to cut it right there?!
:melikey:
Admin
Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Sat May 28, 2011 3:25 am

Admin wrote:Aw, do you really have to cut it right there?!
:melikey:

Gotta keep the suspense A Mystery Revealed Icon_razz
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:36 am

Wow! It's great o.o
Please write more :DD
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Will soon !
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:01 pm

PART II

I woke up at 6, the time I always woke up at. I opened the blinds to the huge window in my room to find the whole neighborhood covered with snow, yet the sun was smiling brightly overhead, determined to melt the snow. I doubted the snow would be gone until next week. I walked into my small bathroom, brushed, shaved, and showered. I dressed in my black trousers and white shirt, put together by my favorite blue tie and grey overcoat. I headed downstairs to get the newspaper, and read it while making some coffee with scrambled eggs and toast. Nothing special in the news, abducted children, political arguments, celebrity trash, and sports games predictions. I sat down at my square dining table with my eggs and took a long sip of my coffee. Then I saw it, the dreaded post-it .

I had never see it before, but I had still recognized it immediately. Who wouldn't recognize it? The deadly sign in the upper left hand corner, where it always is. I knew this day would be one of the worst in my life. I called in sick at the office, I was already on the brink of losing my job, my boss seemed disapproving. I called my best friend Leah, I had to cancel out on our lunch meeting. I hadn't seen her in a month, and today was the only day we could meet due to our busy schedules. She wasn't going to be happy.I dialed the number reluctantly.

"Heeey theree," answered Leah.

"Uhh, Hi," I replied, unsure how to put it.

"What's Wrong? No, no, no, don't tell me! You have to cancel, don't you! We finally decided a day and you think work is more important than me? We've been friends since first grade! You can't take out one day for me?" her voice raised an octave as she progressed. She knew me so well.

"It's not work-" I started.

"Then what's your excuse this time? You don't have to lie to me. If you don't want to meet me, just say it to my face!" she had started sobbing.

"Well, I've got a Gawndy post-it," I said, feeling horrible about myself.

"Why in heaven's name would the Gawndy send you a post-it? You know what Micheal? I've had enough of your excuses. I did find it peculiar how all my open days were booked for you. I can read your signs. You obviously don't want us to be friends anymore. Well here you go, I won't bother you again. Goodbye Micheal," she said with a quaky voice.

"Leah, wait-" I answered, but she had already hung up. Great. I got in my car, clutching the post-it in my hand. I sat inside and read the post-it.

Micheal,
Come here at 11 am. Follow the map, don't be late.

On the bottom, there was a map to the Pittsburg river. The handwriting wasn't the detail that sent chills through my bones or raised the hair on the back of my neck. It was the sign of the Gawndy's. Made of blood. It smelled fresh. It was only 8 and I had done so much damage. What could happen next?

AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:39 pm

Woahh. o.o
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down