Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A couple of bugs

5 posters

Go down

A couple of bugs Empty A couple of bugs

Post by JamieMusicBear61 Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:49 am

I've got a couple of bugs to report, a general one and another that is apparently specific to me.

You may have noticed that on the old buildabearville.com website, an "iPhone app" window would appear underneath the main one. When I first log into bearville.com with Internet Explorer, the main window appears by itself, with no "iPhone app" window underneath (though there is, of course, a separate one above the menu line--i.e. "Play", "Log In", "Chloe's Blog" etc). I keep track of my Bear Bill earnings with a word processor, and when I'm logged into bearville.com, every time I first switch to the word processor to make a note of some amount I've earned, when I return to the browser window the main window shifts up to allow room for the "iPhone app" window, cutting off part of the main window at the top of the frame. At that point I can't do things like display the map, exit my CyBearZone, log out and so forth--my only "way out" is by refreshing my browser to access the login window again. I think this is only an Internet Explorer optimization issue, as I don't encounter this bug with Safari 5.0.4. (I use IE version 8.)

The second bug has to do with my playing the Ancient Egypt quest. On March 17 I got two 4-Leaf Clover bears at BABW, whose names are Harrigan and Morrigan (I consider them twin brother and sister), and I brought them to life online the same day. For each bear, I started the quest, but couldn't finish it because the bear would not move at all inside or outside the pyramid. I could complete the puzzle inside the pyramid, but every time the leopard appeared and I clicked on him, I'd get the "congratulations" message--and that would be it. The bear and I would just stand there--do not pass Go, do not collect 500 Bear Bills. I could move around the pyramid, but the bear couldn't. (I wonder if the fact that Harrigan and Morrigan are both 4-Leaf Clover bears adopted and brought to life online on the same day might have something to do with the glitch--they may have different ID numbers, but the system may be somehow confusing them anyway.) As an experiment, I tried swapping bears both in and outside the pyramid--i.e. if I entered the quest with Morrigan, I'd switch to Harrigan or a third bear that I've had since January, whose name is Phil, but they wouldn't move either (and they'd be wearing Morrigan's clothes to boot!). Interestingly enough, though, all three bears will move in all the other areas of BABV that they're normally supposed to--the gym at Bear University, my Cub Condo, etc. Currently I can access only the Jungle Ruins quest with Phil and Harrigan, and while I left the Egypt quest "dangling" with Morrigan, all I'm getting is the "hope you're enjoying the library" message from the leopard when I have her in my knapsack. From time to time, though, I try clicking on the leopard in the library and he lets me go back in with Morrigan to try to finish the quest again--but the same thing happens. In this case, I'm getting the bug on both Internet Explorer and Safari.

Now that we're in a new month I'd like to play the Egypt quest with all three bears, and I'm concerned that with this bug in place I might not be able to do that. I'm usually online in the wee hours of the morning because of my schedule as a musician, and since I'm not as likely to be able to play with friends that time of night as during the day, the Jungle Ruins quest isn't exactly an option for me.

---

Jamie
JamieMusicBear61
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

A couple of bugs Empty Re: A couple of bugs

Post by GwynethLove Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:40 pm

?
GwynethLove
GwynethLove
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:54 pm

?
Anita
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by emmie Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:45 pm

what?! i don't get it sorry! =/;
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeCyBearGuide Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:22 am

JamieMusicBear61 wrote:I've got a couple of bugs to report, a general one and another that is apparently specific to me.

You may have noticed that on the old buildabearville.com website, an "iPhone app" window would appear underneath the main one. When I first log into bearville.com with Internet Explorer, the main window appears by itself, with no "iPhone app" window underneath (though there is, of course, a separate one above the menu line--i.e. "Play", "Log In", "Chloe's Blog" etc). I keep track of my Bear Bill earnings with a word processor, and when I'm logged into bearville.com, every time I first switch to the word processor to make a note of some amount I've earned, when I return to the browser window the main window shifts up to allow room for the "iPhone app" window, cutting off part of the main window at the top of the frame. At that point I can't do things like display the map, exit my CyBearZone, log out and so forth--my only "way out" is by refreshing my browser to access the login window again. I think this is only an Internet Explorer optimization issue, as I don't encounter this bug with Safari 5.0.4. (I use IE version 8.)

That's really strange :wonders: We tested this a couple of times but we did not get the same result. You mentioned that you do not experience this problem while using other browsers right? It might be best to use a different browser while you're playing Bearville then. The game runs well on Mozilla and Google Chrome. A couple of bugs 610897

The second bug has to do with my playing the Ancient Egypt quest. On March 17 I got two 4-Leaf Clover bears at BABW, whose names are Harrigan and Morrigan (I consider them twin brother and sister), and I brought them to life online the same day. For each bear, I started the quest, but couldn't finish it because the bear would not move at all inside or outside the pyramid. I could complete the puzzle inside the pyramid, but every time the leopard appeared and I clicked on him, I'd get the "congratulations" message--and that would be it. The bear and I would just stand there--do not pass Go, do not collect 500 Bear Bills. I could move around the pyramid, but the bear couldn't. (I wonder if the fact that Harrigan and Morrigan are both 4-Leaf Clover bears adopted and brought to life online on the same day might have something to do with the glitch--they may have different ID numbers, but the system may be somehow confusing them anyway.) As an experiment, I tried swapping bears both in and outside the pyramid--i.e. if I entered the quest with Morrigan, I'd switch to Harrigan or a third bear that I've had since January, whose name is Phil, but they wouldn't move either (and they'd be wearing Morrigan's clothes to boot!). Interestingly enough, though, all three bears will move in all the other areas of BABV that they're normally supposed to--the gym at Bear University, my Cub Condo, etc. Currently I can access only the Jungle Ruins quest with Phil and Harrigan, and while I left the Egypt quest "dangling" with Morrigan, all I'm getting is the "hope you're enjoying the library" message from the leopard when I have her in my knapsack. From time to time, though, I try clicking on the leopard in the library and he lets me go back in with Morrigan to try to finish the quest again--but the same thing happens. In this case, I'm getting the bug on both Internet Explorer and Safari.

Now that we're in a new month I'd like to play the Egypt quest with all three bears, and I'm concerned that with this bug in place I might not be able to do that. I'm usually online in the wee hours of the morning because of my schedule as a musician, and since I'm not as likely to be able to play with friends that time of night as during the day, the Jungle Ruins quest isn't exactly an option for me.

---

Jamie

I'm beary sorry about this A couple of bugs 903516 Our Developbears are still working on this glitch. In the meantime, please email us at vwhelp@buildabear.com so we can manually add the rewards to your account. Thanks!
JoeCyBearGuide
JoeCyBearGuide
Build-A-Bearville CyBearGuide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down