Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique

3 posters

Go down

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique Empty How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique

Post by Bear Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:53 am

How to make a Simple Blend: Lasso Feather Blend Technique

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique O5rgn7

This tutorial will teach you how to make a very simple blend. I made this on Photoshop, but I think you can make the blend on almost every version of Photoshop. You can also try in Gimp etc, I'm pretty sure it will have the same features just it will look a bit different. If you used this tutorial to make a graphic, I'd appreciate it if you could post the graphic here, I would love to see what you have made with the tutorial I have provided for you! I have two techniques, The Soft Brush technique and the Lasso Feather technique. You can see the other technique in my other tutorial thread.

Find two photos of a celebrity, preferably from the same photoshoot/scene because it looks better since we aren't cropping the background.

2. Go to your editing software and open a file and place your photos side by side, resize/crop your photos if needed.

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique 2ytz6gy

3. Select the top layer, and put the overlapping unnecessary part that you don't want of the graphic over the layer beneath, that is the part you are going to erase. In my case, the unnecessary thing is the white background.

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique O01cia

4. Now select the Lasso Tool, and change the Feather pixels. Change the Feather "px", around 5px-25px depending on how big your photo is. Now draw a circle around the overlapping part that you don't want and click the "delete" button on your keyboard as many times until you're happy.

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique 294j6o5

After you click the "delete" button (the one on your keyboard)...
How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique 6h72g6

And I added some effects and stuff, here is the final product!
How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique 2iql6vd

Last edited by Bear on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:25 am; edited 4 times in total
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique Empty Re: How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique

Post by mindynature Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:02 am

What version of photoshop do you use?

mindynature
mindynature
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique Empty Re: How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique

Post by princess M Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:46 am

mindynature wrote:What version of photoshop do you use?
I think she uses cs3 thanks bear I really wanted to know how to make awesome picture like yours How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique 610897

Please do not post in the member chat if you are not a member of BGF Graphics Design club, apply HERE!
princess M
princess M
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:22 am

mindynature wrote:What version of photoshop do you use?

I use Photoshop CS3, but these features are on other editing softwares like Gimp and Photofiltre so this is do able on any program really. And compatible with other versions of photoshop too How to Make a Simple Blend in Photoshop (any version): Lasso Feather Blend Technique 465488
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down