Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest

+26
AlyssaBearySmart11
valeriaallheart
ElenaScruffy
horsegal1235
Rileyz
liadeon
MeLlichenx3
JanetBear
colinpink
katiesweet10
CynthiaBearriliant1
kirstenjuly12
karenbearhug
Pop
Flo
BearHugger
JuliannaPatches3
Tsunade97
Brini
bethany
mandymagnificent
sammibubbles3
Gwenpawtrack
quin4leafclover26
Badge
MamaNoodles
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 Empty Re: Thanksgiving Cooking Contest

Post by AlyssaBearySmart11 Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:27 pm

This is a belated entry because it was made in honor of my uncle on Veterans Day.Uncle Rick served in the U.S. Navy a few years back and he was a submarine engineer.This is a cake surrounded by cupcakes, (all made from the chocolate and vanilla swirl flavor.Mmmm!), and has a deeper meaning.The colorful sprinkles appear as confetti as we celebrate our troops coming home.The yellow ribbon stands for "Support Our Troops".The American flag would be the country my uncle served for and my username is written symbolically in red and blue on white paper.You can barely see them but the cupcake holders have hearts on them symbolizing the love we have towards our veterans.The cupcakes are a bit messy because we forgot to coat the pan in oil. Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 903516 Thanks for considering my entry!
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 Babw10
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 Babw210
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 Babw310
AlyssaBearySmart11
AlyssaBearySmart11
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by karayourock3 Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:52 am

Here's my entry (sorry if it is blurry my camera is acting very weird you can kinda see my name but no hat much)
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 6jewqv

This is my moms and mine favriote thing to bake when it gets close to a special holiday
She calles this choclate brownie suprise!

These browines are made of choclate with m&ms in it and Lots of choclate
my mom and me usally sprinkles nuts on top but she decited not to

p.s sprry if it is big

Resize by request.
ColinPink/Officer
karayourock3
karayourock3
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by TutuKitty Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 2wel47b
I made, well, i think it's called marshmallow salad, strawberry cheesecake, and flan (mexican pastry). it was for everyone on thanksgiving, i really wanted to help this year. I had never tried making this stuff, so i asked my sister to give me some of her recipies.
Marshmallow Salad: you get marshmallows (they don't have to be rainbow ones) cool whip, diced peaches, and coconut shreds. you put them in a bowl, then you mix them all together, it's really simple.
Strawberry Cheesecake: I got Honey maid graham crackers, cool whip, cream cheese, strawberry preserves. you get the cool whip and cream cheese and mix them together until you like the taste. then you layer the graham crackers, but before each layer, you put the mixture of cool whip and cream cheese on an even layer, when your done you put the strawberry preserves on top. [it's also optional to add some sort of pudding in the mixture of cream cheese and cool whip. i recommend banana pudding.]
Flan(a little more complicated): i used white sugar, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract. i mixed all that stuff together, until it was nice and creamy. i got a pan, and i put sugar in it, i melted it until it tunrned to a liquid, then i waited 'till it turned golden-ish. my mom did the baking because she was using an oven that i have no clue how to use. she put into the fridge afterward.
TutuKitty
TutuKitty
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbe2hip Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:06 am

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 2n8yyw

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 5o9we9Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 2yo6f02Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 30lht8w

I made these cupcakes to give out to friends,family and the senior citizens ! I made a batch for home and as well as for an old aged home. I made cupcakes because I love making them and everyone enjoys them .It went of well! After Icing them,I made the caps and pumpkins out of royal icing! It took me a long time to do that!! But at the end it was worth it! I love the way the came out. I have taken a photo of them in a row,and separately so that you can see the detail. Thanks for such a wonderful opportunity!
Abbe2hip
Abbe2hip
Jr Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by iCrystal Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:14 am

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 15e7l3a

I made Rice Krispes Cake with a marshmellow topping and strawberries covered chocolate!
It was mainly for my family, I wanted to make a dessert for them.
I chosed it because my family loves the strawberries foods and drinks I make and my little brother loves rice krispes, so do I. I made it ask a birthday cake form with layers - bottom,middle,and top[For the rice krispes] because theres two birthdays in my family near thanksgiving. Its my first time making it cake form.The rice krispes went pretty well, but the chocolate melting? Well I tried three ways and finally one way worked and the chocolate melted, perfectly! I was so glad! It tooked me about 2 hours? All of my family pitched in and tooked a bite. I was glad they liked it =]
iCrystal
iCrystal
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaNoodles Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:03 pm

This contest is now officially closed. Stay tuned for the winners. Please do NOT post or PM anyone about the winners. It will take a few days to determine. Patience Thanksgiving Cooking Contest - Page 2 465488
MamaNoodles
MamaNoodles
Director Bear
Director Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2