Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest

+26
AlyssaBearySmart11
valeriaallheart
ElenaScruffy
horsegal1235
Rileyz
liadeon
MeLlichenx3
JanetBear
colinpink
katiesweet10
CynthiaBearriliant1
kirstenjuly12
karenbearhug
Pop
Flo
BearHugger
JuliannaPatches3
Tsunade97
Brini
bethany
mandymagnificent
sammibubbles3
Gwenpawtrack
quin4leafclover26
Badge
MamaNoodles
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Empty Thanksgiving Cooking Contest

Post by MamaNoodles Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:54 am

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Kitchenguide

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU ARE POSTING YOUR ENTRY. PM ALL QUESTIONS TO AN OFFICER.

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest:

This contest will run from October 25th to November 28th at 8pm EST.

Cook or bake something to show how thankful you are! Help your parents with a dish for Thanksgiving, bake cookies for a Halloween party, fix breakfast for your siblings! The possibilities are endless!

-You must cook or bake the dish, you may have a parents assistance but they cannot do it all for you.

-Ask your parents permission before using the kitchen!

-Take a picture of your creation. This is a MUST. You may not enter without a picture. This picture MUST contain a card with your BGF Name, handwritten next to your food item. Any entries without this will be disqualified. You may NOT photoshop your name or add it in any virtual way. Entries marked this way will also be disqualified.

-One entry per member. Officers may enter but will not be eligible for prizes

- Write a short paragraph about your food item. What did you make? Who was it for? Why did you choose that particular recipe? How did it go?

Prizes
______
1st Place: Virtual Polar Bear, Igloo (with its own ice furnitures) for your Cub Condo and a Shrinking Move for your online character

2nd Place: 5 Store Credits

3rd Place: Secret Tent Room

4th Place: 2 Virtual Furry Friends of Choice with 2 extra rooms for your Cub Condo *This does NOT include the PSIs for the animals or any wallpapers or bearbills*

5th Place: 2 items of choice from BVO

6th Place: 2 mystery animal rewards (PSI)

7th Place: 4,000 Paw Prints for the Auction House

8th Place: 3,000 Paw Prints for the Auction House

9th Place: 2,000 Paw Prints for the Auction House

10th Place: 1,000 Paw Prints for the Auction House

*Prizes are non-transferrable. You get the prize for the place you earned, end of story*

Example:

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Cupcakes2

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Cupcakes3

I made Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes to share with my friends and family! I chose Pumpkin because it reminds me of the Fall. They were simple to make and turned out perfectly! Everyone had a great time eating the cupcakes!

Last edited by MamaNoodles on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
MamaNoodles
MamaNoodles
Director Bear
Director Bear

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Empty Re: Thanksgiving Cooking Contest

Post by Badge Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:36 am

Please don't think that i stealed it !!! I know it seems Like ive Stoled it from A site or something else but this is not true!!!Please trust me i did not steal It
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 10qcuur
Description! Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488 Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488

This is a piece of my Mini Cake that i made for my Brother! I asked my parents and they said that they will let me only if you don't use the Oven. I said Mommy that we need to BAKE them so she thinked and said Only if she puts my food in the Stove(idk how it says Oven or stove?] so i hope that this is not a problem if my mom Puted the cake in the stove because i don't know how to use it. She was besides me looking how i did my personal cake and she gaved me advices on what to put and how to decorate it [final] to look good. She was just telling me what to put and i puted those but i had a little problems with the paste[ or dough idk how it says im not english] so she showed me how to make it and then i maked the other part. When i taked it from the stove it was very very crusty so mother told me to pour a little glass of milk so it can be softer. In the recipe was told to put chocolate made from nuts
confused confused so mother said to put nuts and chocolate. It was very creamy !!! [But i dont like much cream] but mother said Sleep to put much cream so it can be more beautiful! Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 745
It was very very hard to make the cake only by waiting 5 hours for it to bake. In total i worked on it like 8 hours. I was very tired at least i eated a piece of it. I maked a pic but now i cant make more because my family and i already eated it. so much work FOR 10 minutes to eat!!! lol

I just Resized the Image because it was very large

Good luck all Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839

Last edited by Badge on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Badge
Badge
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Empty Happy Halloween!

Post by quin4leafclover26 Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:06 am

Hi,
My babv user is Quin4leafclover26.
This cake is called ''Super Chocolatey Halloween Fudge''
It's our family's traditional recipe.
I chose this because every year we bake the same thing for halloween, so eventually I learnt how to bake it.
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839
I hope I win!
Happy Halloween everyone!Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839
And good luck to everyone who is participating!
Happy eating Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 2669863388 Quin4leafclover26
bounce

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Dsc01911

Last edited by MamaNoodles on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Contest)
quin4leafclover26
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwenpawtrack Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:24 am

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Thanks12 ALRIGHT sorry it won't let me upload it..... i'll try again
sorry won't work
Gwenpawtrack
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sammibubbles3 Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:56 am

Hey, its Sammibubbles3!
Me, my mom and my 2 brothers made this fudge cake together.
It is a family recipe and it is very delicious! Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 100_3127_00-1
sammibubbles3
sammibubbles3
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mandymagnificent Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:12 am

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Mttoah

I wanted to challenge myself this year with something I have never done! So I decided to make this Jack-o-Lantern cake!
It two bundt cakes one on top of the other and the flavor is pumpkin spice Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488
It didn't turn out like the picture but I like it and it very tasty!
mandymagnificent
mandymagnificent
Manager Bear
Manager Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by bethany Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:11 am

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Sdc12710

here is my entry! yay Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488 Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488

its.... flapjacks made into a smiley face thing! Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488

they're golden syrp chocolate flapjacks! :

i chose flapjacks because they are soo yummy and i wanted some, lol. i also saw we had some golden syrup in the cupboard so i thought i'd add that in too! Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488 they are deelliiccciious! all my family really likes them too!so do my friends! my dad said they were the best flapjacks he ever tasted! woo! everyone thinks they taste great! :O:D Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839 :grins: Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839
theyre made with brown sugar, oats, golden syrup, chocolate, flora margarine! Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839 thats it! :Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839

they took about 15 minutes to prepare (melt the flora and stuff) and then about 20 minutes in the oven thing Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839

i did it all by myself! Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839 :O :O Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839 Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488 lol
they turned out really well for like my first go at making flapjacks ! everr! Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839 Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839 me is very happy now Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488

i hope you like them!
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839 good luck to all the other entries, theyre a-mazing!!! Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839

from bethanyballerina53 / bethany Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839
bethany
bethany
Admin Challenge Champ
Admin Challenge Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Brini Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:20 am

Okay, not sure if this will upload correctly:

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 30j4k9f

Every year, my church has a bake sale. This year it was in the fall (well, yesterday/today.) I made these with my dad. He said that I should draw leaves on the top with a knive...they don't look like leaves, do they? We made 12 extras for our house, and this contest! Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839

... ...they are (mini) cupcakes, in case you couldn't tell. I hope it's okay that I wrote my name in the middle of the paper plate, because I couldn't find any little card to put next to it.

Last edited by Brini on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : resizing the picture)
Brini
Brini
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunade97 Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:07 am

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 111tlx5

description:
I made this with my mother. We olny get to eat panckaes once a moth at home and i am glad that my mother let me help her. When eating it, eveyone had a great time and we also talked for a while. (we also shared with our doggy)

P.S the white thing in the corner is rock candy in which i told my mom it would be a great idea for breakfast desert. It comes with spam, omletes/scrambles eggs, and of corse panacakes!!!
Tsunade97
Tsunade97
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliannaPatches3 Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:13 am

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 1z221pk
This is pumpkin pie that I made. I made it for my Halloween party, and we still have left overs! I has nuts and apples in it, too. I chose this recipe because it has been passed on from my grandmother to me. When it was in the oven I was afraid to burn it, LOL. My mother helped me make it.
JuliannaPatches3
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BearHugger Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:17 am

This is my pumpkin that i made. I made it during my sleepover on halloween night.The fall leaf plate I got from school in art class.It is a marshmallow pumpkin and inside the marshmallow is orange (used orange food coloring) and then I used chocolate and got some other candies for the face parts.when I tried to make it the stem broke off so I had to use a whopper to replace the stem.scary isn't it. :shock:

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Xndk40

Last edited by BearHugger on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:09 am; edited 2 times in total
BearHugger
BearHugger
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Flo Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:00 pm

Here is my entry of Ginger bread cookies
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 2hxaq6g
I made them myself. I baked it. I made it for all my family on a rainy afternoon. It looks like my family. I made four because the most inportant thing in thanksgiving is to share and be thankful. This will always remind me of my and my friends or family. :

And of course I could not forget my Family on BGF so here is a special one 4 everyone Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 153wjyu

JUst if i win (not saying i am) I don't want 1st prize beacuse i have a polar bear and the move, I want prize 2 because i want to get a ride

Last edited by Flo on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Flo
Flo
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Pop Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:25 am

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 6r6hyb

I made it for My Special cousin
I made "SLY Cookies!!" I name it that way because when i eat them they remind me of that day when we re in my cousin's Sly's House,she gone now to UK , and i made them for my cousin! I will never forget her Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488 It gone very well, my mum helped me to put it in the oven because... im really scared of my oven because it is old and stuff Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 903516 then i did'nt know how to make
the cookies's cream to put inside so mum told be how to make them so for those i needed milk,vanillie e.t.c. so i needed to go to the market Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 984861 Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 984861 i did'nt think that making cookies is so
hard pale but i did it my third time!!! cheers i was very happy because mum said when you will grow you will be a great chef(cook) maybe :roll: who knows ? Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Icon_razz
hope you like it Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 827708
Pop
Pop
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 21n2vqu

These little chocolate mice are my family's favorite holiday tradition! We usually make them around Christmas and deliver them to all our neighbors.

They are made of chocolate covered maraschino cherries for the body and Hershey kisses for the face, with slivered almonds for their ears.
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by kirstenjuly12 Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:59 am

This is my cinnamonsugar covered cookie I usually make them on thanksgiving for a thanskgiving party I guess it's kind of a tradition. I've been making them since I was 6 years old.I make them with my family.the first time we made them they used to be plain old vanilla cookies but then we added cinnamon and sugar.i put m&m's on mine cause I just love m&m's.
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Fjknx5
kirstenjuly12
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by CynthiaBearriliant1 Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:23 pm

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Cynthi10

This is my entry. I made it all myself! It is:

The two cookies are oatmeal raisin with a hint of cinnamon, these are the ones I made, the main thing on the dish, with the help of turning on the oven by my mom.Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488 They are a tradition, I make them every year, so that is why I chose this recipe. This took me kind of long, since I made thirty cookies! These are just two of the thirty that I’m going to eat and give out. I made them for my friends and family, to say thanks. But altogether, it went really swell, since I didn’t burn them, it has to be good.

Also, placed at the bottom are chocolate covered pecans, that I also made. It’s a first for me, but I decided to experiment. They took me a while, but I got them done! I thought something was missing, so I added slices of apples as a last touch. It was a great addition, because I think it would’ve been too sweet. I am thinking of serving this small dish as an entree on Thanksgiving, when our friends come over and we sit down and eat together. Enjoy, is what I hope they’ll do, because I did,and I’m anxious to let them try it too. Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 923748
CynthiaBearriliant1
CynthiaBearriliant1
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by katiesweet10 Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:37 pm

The Sauce:Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 2euhddu

The Pasta:Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Vs1das

Together:Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Vd1pmu

One big picture:Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 2cprdw7

OK,I made this with some help of my grandma.I made elbow pasta and tomato sauce.I made it for my grandpa.I chose it because I always like making pasta.It went well it tasted delicious.
katiesweet10
katiesweet10
Smurf Achievement Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by colinpink Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Go Green roll cake Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488

I made this with my friend.
I simply wanted to make a roll cake. Also I thought it would not be unique if I make a simple roll cake. So, I add organic maccha (green tea) powder in the roll cake. Inside is whipped cream. I got a whipped cream was difficult to make. It should not be too melty, and it should not be too solid! (I did this about 8 level hard out of 10)

I am really glad it turned this great, because this is a little difficult to turn it right. Sometimes outside will break because of too much baking. Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 465488

My friend and I ate some pieces with tea together and had a great time.

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 2du9nxy
colinpink
colinpink
Officer/Zoo Keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by JanetBear Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:39 am

My entry:

I made stuffed bell peppers Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Icon_razz
I cut out the core. Then me and my sisters and brothers stuffed them with dirty rice. Then we put cheese on the top and baked it.

Who I made it for: I made it for my family on thanksgiving. Every year since like 50 years ago my family would make it every thanksgiving. My mom and her mother were the ones that make it every year, but this year I decided that I wanted to make it so I could bond with my siblings. Ever since I went to college a couple years ago, I haven't been able to spend time with them so I thought this was the perfect way for me to connect with my family.

Why I picked that particular recipe: I picked it because it is a family tradition and I wanted to take part in it.

How did it go: It went great. It was fun making it with my siblings, it was even more fun to eat!

Pictures:

Here is a pic after I cut the tops off: >

Finishing product:
JanetBear
JanetBear
BGF Contest Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by MeLlichenx3 Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:56 am

This is my (MeLlichenx3 or MelanieBearySmart4) entry:

Apple Cupcakes With Apple-Meringue-Buttercream

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Img_5610

I made this cupcakes for my mother. When she came home from work I surprised her with this cupcakes.
I chose this recipe because it's very healthy. Plus, apples remind me of the fall. Apples contain many vitamins which help us to stay healthy. So I thought these cupcakes will help my family to strengthen our immune system.
I put grated apples (from our own apple tree), oat flakes, chopped almonds, flour, a pinch of salt, vegetable oil, cinnamon, eggs and cane sugar in the pastry. It was easy to make the pastry. I have never done a buttercream before so this was my first time. The buttercream with apple jelly should have been solid, but I think something went wrong and it turned out really liquid. I used little marzipan fruits as a decoration.
My mother was very happy when she came home. The supcakes tasted delicious even if the buttercream wasn't that perfect. I had fun doing the cupcakes and even more fun eating them together with my happy Mom.

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Img_5613
MeLlichenx3
MeLlichenx3
Jr Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by liadeon Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Sugar cookies and Mushroom sizzle

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest P7050362

I made sugar cookies and mushroom sizzle.I made them for my elder sister.She has got great grades in her college,so I thought I'd congratulate her by making these.

Sugar cookies:
I made them with the help of some flour, egg, sugar,a pinch of salt, vanilla essence and chocolate for the icing.
It took some time for me to make the dough. LOL it was my first time cooking/baking something.I cut them in rectangles and placed them in the oven.Some did get burnt Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Icon_razz
In the end they tasted great!

Mushroom sizzle:
Me and my mom thought of a name for my creation.
I made it with the help of some mushroom, beans, capsicum and potato!!
It took me 10 min to cut the vegetables and 15 min for them to fry.I put the vegetables together with some chilly,cardomom and other spicy powders.
It came out really well and tasted even more great.My mom helped me with the oil though[frying].

I had great fun.My sister was not expecting me [her younger brother] to do so much for her.She was really greatful to me and hugged me.
liadeon
liadeon
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Rileyz Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Here's A Pizza I Made , I Must Admit I Asked My Mum To Help Me With The Oven ...
There Wasnt Enough Light In The Kitchen 2 Take A Picture , So i had 2 take it in the loundge Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Icon_razz

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest PizzaMadeByRiley

It didnt go the way i planned because i didnt use the things right for it ^^ my mum told me what 2 use for it , but i did most of the work >< it took about more then a hour!

who it was for : My Brother Hes Abit Younger Then Me Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Icon_razz

How i Made It : First Of All I Had 2 Make Dough : I Added Warm Water And A Sprinkle Of Yeast And Let It Sit For About 5 Minutes until the yeast disolved , then i stirred it .
Then i had a piece of dough and lightly coated it with olive oil then covered it with plastic wrap and then my mum did the oven bit >Then i flatten the dough into a pizza circle . starting at the center 2 the end ... Got all the ingredients like vegtables and chopped them up put them on the pizza , my mum showed me how 2 do it ...

Sorry my explanation wasnt very good ... english isnt my first languge (( my mum only helped me abit like with the oven stuff and she told me what 2 do with the toppings ... )
Rileyz
Rileyz
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by horsegal1235 Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:12 am

I decided to make Oreo Cheesecake :]
I decided to make this particular cheesecake because my whole family loves oreos as well as cheesecake ^_^
so i combined the two and it turned out amazing! As you can see 3 slices were eatin as soon as it was done!
There is currently one slice left (that may not last long lol) so i imagine everyone else enjoyed it too!

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Img00710
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Img00711
horsegal1235
horsegal1235
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by ElenaScruffy Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:57 am

This is my cornbread in cupcake form and turkey sugar cookies. I usually make them for guests on Thanksgiving. I love eating cornbread it is one of my favorite breads Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839 And I also love cupcakes so Taa daa! Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 143839 and now you have cornbread cupcakes (I know it sounds weird. Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Icon_razz ) The turkey sugar cookies we don't actually make them they actually come in a packet and then you bake them.It's a little somethin different than I made last year.my family loves them.
Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 2qn8d9e
ElenaScruffy
ElenaScruffy
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest Empty Here is my entry.

Post by valeriaallheart Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Thanksgiving Cooking Contest 4si71l

Hi everybody!! Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this great contest.

I made flan, buñuelo and cheese cake with my mom´s help, if she weren´t there to help me, I couldnt make this yummy meal..
Thank you God for giving us hands to create meals....
valeriaallheart
valeriaallheart
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next