Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question 2019: Anyone remember the Holly and Hal sequel?

3 posters

Go down

Question 2019: Anyone remember the Holly and Hal sequel? Empty Question 2019: Anyone remember the Holly and Hal sequel?

Post by CarlyAllHeart261 Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:15 am

I'm back on here again with a random request.
I've started to write video essays on YouTube, and I wanted to cover a personal topic and wanted help to find out more about it.

Back in 2009/2010 (I honestly can't remember now), Build a Bear made a sequel to the previous year's Holly and Hal Moose: Our Uplifting Adventure animated movie. I don't remember the name. It was premiered similarly to Holly and Hal, where it played on BABV in the movie theater during Christmas time as short episodes once a week until it was fully released, and I would imagine it would have eventually premiered on TV during ABC's 25 Day Before Christmas, just like Holly and Hal did. The movie theater in game released I think 2-3 episodes, but that was it.
I vaguely remember that it was "banned", because the message of the film was about global warming. I guess parents were upset with the political message, and the shorts were removed for the theater and never heard from again. This was over 10 years ago now and I would've been like 12, so I honestly cannot remember.

To help jog memories, I know the first bit involved a catch up of Holly and Hal, reintroducing them to the audience. The main thing was introducing us to a new character, who was a penguin at the South Pole. He had a stereotypical cutesy name like Waddles or something like that, probably. He wanted to go the North Pole to see Santa, and he believed he belonged at the North Pole, despite all the other penguins telling him that there are no penguins at the North Pole. He built a hot air balloon, and started his adventure. I can't remember if he crashed and landed near Holly and Hal or not, but I feel like that is what was going to happen in the story if it didn't already.

I want to know if this film exists. I don't remember a name to try to find it, but looking up Holly and Hal stuff does not bring up any results. There has to be a news release about it though, and I know I read somewhere about it being banned because of the message, weither it was on BGF or in the newspaper in Bearville. There may even be a post talking about it on this site, but it probably isn't backed up. I want to know if this is somewhere, or if it's lost media at this point.

I DO have a way of contacting Maxine Clark, but I know she is busy and I'd hate to bother her with something like this. If I don't find anything soon I will message her, because I feel like she would know something about it. She is retired from BABW though, so if she has access from there I don't know how easy it would be for her to find it.

If anyone knows anything, has more memories of it, finds info etc. please reply here. I know people only come on here sporadically, but I would like some help.
If somehow this shows up in a search engine, but you cannot join the site, please message my twitter @Caite_Alyssa. That honestly is the best way to get in contact with me anyways, since I only come on here once every couple months to back up the site's pages.

Thank you in advance.
CarlyAllHeart261
CarlyAllHeart261
Forum Assist/Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Question 2019: Anyone remember the Holly and Hal sequel? Empty Re: Question 2019: Anyone remember the Holly and Hal sequel?

Post by JLBABV Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:02 pm

Hey! I remember it, something about a polar bear, I had the polar bear!
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Question 2019: Anyone remember the Holly and Hal sequel? Empty Re: Question 2019: Anyone remember the Holly and Hal sequel?

Post by goCards Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:30 am

Build-A-Bearville Under the North Star 3/3 - Man Made Global Warming
26,399 views•Dec 17, 2009

3 parts on youtube.
think was archived on u.k. website. from 2009
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down