Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

naming animals - what, why? please give examples.

5 posters

Go down

naming animals - what, why? please give examples. Empty naming animals - what, why? please give examples.

Post by goCards Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:30 am

what do you name your babw's?
how do you decide what to name your babw animals.
event, after characteristics, fictional character, real person, just sounds fun?

we struggle often with naming. used book, mgr, and assistant to get fluttershy named originally.
what about you?
 naming animals - what, why? please give examples. 596764
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

naming animals - what, why? please give examples. Empty Re: naming animals - what, why? please give examples.

Post by Loveablegirl Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:54 am

I named my peace bear Irene because they name Irene means peace. I looked up names that means peace.
Loveablegirl
Loveablegirl
Officer

Back to top Go down

naming animals - what, why? please give examples. Empty Re: naming animals - what, why? please give examples.

Post by goCards Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:16 am

named enchanted pony -blanc for characteristic
Clydesdale named doctor hooves for fictional character.
tiger Hobbes for cartoon.
ghost - spirit of Christmas past but from garage sale not in store.
monkey - Jorge for curious George.
lately doctor who is main source.
terry was a pterodactyl named for type of animal.
 Penguin
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:53 pm

My animals get named a lot of different ways. With 225+ and counting, lately they have been named whatever they are called at the store. A few of mine have some pretty interesting names - we have tradition among the bear builders and managers at my store that started 7 years ago when we opened. If any employee (bear builder or manager) is at the Name Computers and says out loud "What should I name my animal?" - anyone working in the store at the time gets to help name it, and the name sticks, no matter what it is! One of my bears is named Sir Blueberry Snowcone Fuzzy Britches. I've also been known to take to Facebook for help naming bears. I got a I Heart England bear and couldn't find just the right name. My Facebook friends collectively came up with the perfect name - Oliver Winston Crumpet.
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by winter Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:56 am

i name it randomly i name my dog by looking at a certificate that was at the station naming animals - what, why? please give examples. Icon_razz
winter
winter
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:50 am

My panda is named Ruth Harkness, after the first woman to bring a live panda from China. My wolf is named Tala, which means 'wolf'. And Spike is named 'Spike', because he's a character from My Little Pony.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:40 am

naming animals - what, why? please give examples. 2014rainbowstash_zps97f42bc6
brought dr. hooves to babw to find new companion.
he got rainbow stash named as Clara Oswin.
really wanted to be able to costume and accessorize, was highly disappointed that bearville did not allow.
using the shed as a ponybox for travel looks ok.
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down