Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no small fry code - much disappointment

+6
Cheer
Jayda❤
JLBABV
Admin
Loveablegirl
goCards
10 posters

Go down

no small fry code - much disappointment Empty no small fry code - much disappointment

Post by goCards Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 am

went to babw to get toy soldier small fry. display had none with boxes- so no code for online s.f. house and bag and small fry character.
no small fry code - much disappointment 43940 
worker said they were told is the new small fry ongoing. no codes.
they were told two weeks before arrival date.
no news on bearville.com overall.
Tell me now (before black Friday) if bearville.com is going away, or if something else is taking its place, please, it makes a difference on Christmas shopping.
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

no small fry code - much disappointment Empty Re: no small fry code - much disappointment

Post by Loveablegirl Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:52 am

Is bearville. com really going to be shut down?
Loveablegirl
Loveablegirl
Officer

Back to top Go down

no small fry code - much disappointment Empty Re: no small fry code - much disappointment

Post by goCards Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:43 am

their response did not answer this.
Yes. We are sorry to inform you that the new smallfrys don't come with a
code and a box anymore. However, the regular Bears will still have codes
that you can use in Bearville.

Please feel free to write us back at vwhelp@buildabear.com if you have
other questions or concerns.

Have a Bearrific day!
Cow
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:26 pm

goCards wrote:their response did not answer this.
Yes. We are sorry to inform you that the new smallfrys don't come with a
code and a box anymore. However, the regular Bears will still have codes
that you can use in Bearville.

Please feel free to write us back at vwhelp@buildabear.com if you have
other questions or concerns.

Have a Bearrific day!
Cow
You should probably answer back and demand further explanation. Why are they doing this??no small fry code - much disappointment 3483496927 
Admin
Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:47 am

I think it might end up shutting down...
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayda❤ Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:33 am

They could shut down, but I guess it depends if they have the money to keep it. Or people are not going on it anymore :c
Jayda❤
Jayda❤
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:05 am

Went to different babw stores today. started buying small frys that were not on the shelf to get the online codes. trying to figure out the best steps from where we are now.
have others been writing in a polite way asking about codes and plans for bearville.com?
no small fry code - much disappointment 827708
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

no small fry code - much disappointment Empty I have this ready to send, too little info too late... what do you recommend?

Post by goCards Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:09 pm

I have this ready to send, too little info too late... what do you recommend?

vwhelp@buildabear.com
Tell me now (before black Friday) if bearville.com is going away, or if
something else is taking its place, please, it makes a difference on
Christmas shopping.

we have been playing bear valley and codes are not
helpful there, so we do not buy babw products for bear valley.
the request for information was completely ignored and less than helpful.

I already know that the value of the small fry online is completely gone, with no box.

we have been to many advertised events this year with zero extra codes. the web site bearville.com still states in the parents info that special events are opportunities to get free virtual gifts. smurf hat, kitty hat, fluff n stuff, candy hand out, bearemy's birthday, none included codes this year.

Christmas shopping.

we have not done any babw online shopping for holidays because no bearville.com piece is much less value for us in purchasing your product. we were not told in advance that small frys would have no codes, that events would have no codes, that my little pony has few privileges(cannot use outfits online or photo booth and does not walk in public).

I have no desire to return any online purchase, so when questionable I make purchase in person when or if we get around to it

the information is important to us and our shopping habits.
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:33 pm

goCards wrote:I have this ready to send, too little info too late... what do you recommend?

vwhelp@buildabear.com
Christmas shopping.

we have been playing bear valley and codes are not
helpful there, so we do not buy babw products for bear valley.
the request for information was completely ignored and less than helpful.

I already know that the value of the small fry online is completely gone, with no box.

we have been to many advertised events this year with zero extra codes. the web site bearville.com still states in the parents info that special events are opportunities to get free virtual gifts. smurf hat, kitty hat, fluff n stuff, candy hand out, bearemy's birthday, none included codes this year.

Christmas shopping.

we have not done any babw online shopping for holidays because no bearville.com piece is much less value for us in purchasing your product. we were not told in advance that small frys would have no codes, that events would have no codes, that my little pony has few privileges(cannot use outfits online or photo booth and does not walk in public).

I have no desire to return any online purchase, so when questionable I make purchase in person when or if we get around to it

the information is important to us and our shopping habits.
I say you send them that! It doesn't sound offensive, you just want to know what's up.
Admin
Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:34 pm

JLBABV wrote:I think it might end up shutting down...
They might but BearvilleGuide.com will remain! I just renewed our domain. no small fry code - much disappointment 786713 
Admin
Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:32 pm

I did send. this site can work if stays active.
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by goCards Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:38 am

received reply.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for contacting us.  At this time, we do not have plans to end Bearville.  Please let us know if we can further assist you!

Thank you!
(name withheld)
Bear Service Representative
goCards
goCards
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:13 am

Admin wrote:
JLBABV wrote:I think it might end up shutting down...
They might but BearvilleGuide.com will remain! I just renewed our domain. no small fry code - much disappointment 786713 

Aw c:

But on topic - if Bearville shut down, even though I don't go on much anymore, I'd still be pretty upset. I guess it's not so easy for me to give up on something that I spent so many years with.

The biggest concern with Bearville is that they're staying too static. They're not changing and adding new things like they used to. There's also no more marketing. How I got into this site was through marketing at the store, so they kind of need to bring people who are currently 10 or so into the game. But then they have the problem of keeping their attention...

*sigh* Anyways, I'm surprised that they removed the codes from Small Frys. Unless it was costing them too much to print off those certificates, I don't really understand why they would do that.
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:57 am

This is completely unofficial, and only my own little opinion -- but I think the boxes have been discontinued as a cost cutting measure. It would be a quick, easy way to cut LOTS of money from a printing budget............
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:43 pm

goCards wrote:received reply.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for contacting us.  At this time, we do not have plans to end Bearville.  Please let us know if we can further assist you!

Thank you!
(name withheld)
Bear Service Representative

Well as long as they're not going to completely shut Bearville down, then I'm good!  no small fry code - much disappointment 786713 
Admin
Admin
Founder/Owner
Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellz Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Aw, no more Small Frys? They were pretty cute. no small fry code - much disappointment Icon_razz
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Bearville closed anytime soon, considering the lack of updates they've had recently. Of course, it'd be really sad to see it go though. :l
Kellz
Kellz
Forum Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by winter Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:16 am

as i am aware of, my store still sell smallfrys, I was in there recently, unless your talking about they don't have codes in them anymore that sad. I love how they are so cute on bearville.
winter
winter
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:22 pm

All the stores still sell SmallFrys, they just don't come in a fry box or have Bearville codes anymore.
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by OshawottIsAwesome Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:47 am

My store has most of them in boxes, but some aren't. They still have them.

Last edited by OshawottIsAwesome on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
OshawottIsAwesome
OshawottIsAwesome
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by winter Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:27 pm

yeah same thats how come i thought they still had codes, but here my guess on why they this. Back in May, I actually went to Buildabear and made a bear myself, I got to talk to one of managers, and she gave me all these codes for free, and out of them she gave me 6 codes of small frys. THere were more than that too, but that how much she gave me. By saying that, I believe most people that buy them, didn't realize about it, and throw away the boxes when they take out the bear. Or leave them at buildabear workshop, and so that giving a lot of codes away that won't be used. There probably another reason why they did that, but with my experience, that why I think they were discontinued.
winter
winter
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down