Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maxine Clark Announces Retirement

4 posters

Go down

Maxine Clark Announces Retirement  Empty Maxine Clark Announces Retirement

Post by Lexi Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:03 am

Maxine Clark Announces Retirement  Maxine10
From Maxine's blog maxineclark.wordpress.com

Earlier today, our beloved Maxine Clark wrote on her Facebook page her decision to retire as Chief Executive Bear of Build a Bear Workshop. Business Wire reports that Maxine will continue in her current position until a successor has been named and a successful transition has occurred. She will remain as a member of the Build-A-Bear Workshop Board of Directors.

"After 16 years as the BEARY proud Founder and CEB of Build-A-Bear Workshop I have decided to retire from my CEB position. The Build-A-Bear Workshop experience has expanded my capacity to see the imagination of children in its full potential—my potential included. Who would have thought a little girl from Miami growing up in the 60’s could create such a great business? It is now the right time for me to take my entrepreneurial experience and apply it to my second passion, public education, and the right of all children to have a quality education and fulfill their full potential just as I did. My great teachers Marlene Adams and Jeff Rosinek to name a few, inspire me to this day! I know I impact our community as a volunteer but if we are going to really make a difference for education in St. Louis it warrants my full time attention. This will be the most important legacy I can leave my community and especially the under-served children and families of St. Louis. I have many ideas and lots of irons in the fire but until we find the next CEB, I have much to do. Stay tuned for more details as my plans unfold!"

We at Bearville Guide wish her more success on her future endeavours. Thank you Maxine for bringing us Build a Bear and Bearville! BEAR HUGS!
Lexi
Lexi
Chief Officer/Book Critic

Back to top Go down

Maxine Clark Announces Retirement  Empty Re: Maxine Clark Announces Retirement

Post by xoxoclaryxoxo22 Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:56 am

Omg I can't believe she is leaving;( that's so sad:( I don't want her to retire:(
xoxoclaryxoxo22
xoxoclaryxoxo22
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:15 am

xoxoclaryxoxo22 wrote:Omg I can't believe she is leaving;( that's so sad:( I don't want her to retire:(

She left us a direct message on Twitter. She will always be founder and Mama Bear! I hope she drops by Bearville every so often!! Maxine Clark Announces Retirement  597500

Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by GwynethLove Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:59 am

Huh? FREAKKY! Then who will be the next CEO? I'm dying for answers! Dx
GwynethLove
GwynethLove
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 am

GwynethLove wrote:Huh? FREAKKY! Then who will be the next CEO? I'm dying for answers! Dx

No word yet.. And I'm dying for answers too!!
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by GwynethLove Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:54 am

Lexi wrote:
GwynethLove wrote:Huh? FREAKKY! Then who will be the next CEO? I'm dying for answers! Dx

No word yet.. And I'm dying for answers too!!

EEK! I can't wait for the big answer!
GwynethLove
GwynethLove
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 pm

They are looking at candidates outside the company, so we may have to wait a while.
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:57 pm

karenbearhug wrote:They are looking at candidates outside the company, so we may have to wait a while.

Whoa.. I was expecting something internal like Apple where Steve Jobs (and the board?) chose Tim Cook.. I wonder why they have to hire someone from the outside to replace Maxine.....
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:31 am

Lexi wrote:
karenbearhug wrote:They are looking at candidates outside the company, so we may have to wait a while.

Whoa.. I was expecting something internal like Apple where Steve Jobs (and the board?) chose Tim Cook.. I wonder why they have to hire someone from the outside to replace Maxine.....

They haven't necessarily ruled out hiring internally, its just pretty common to go through an exhaustive search both inside and outside the company when looking for a successor. Maxine Clark Announces Retirement  465488
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:26 am

karenbearhug wrote:
Lexi wrote:

They haven't necessarily ruled out hiring internally, its just pretty common to go through an exhaustive search both inside and outside the company when looking for a successor. Maxine Clark Announces Retirement  465488

Ahh that makes sense! But if I were to choose my successor I would consider loyalty above everything else so I would choose someone who worked for my company for so many years. Wouldn't you?
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by GwynethLove Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:05 am

Lexi wrote:
karenbearhug wrote:
Lexi wrote:

Ahh that makes sense! But if I were to choose my successor I would consider loyalty above everything else so I would choose someone who worked for my company for so many years. Wouldn't you?
Karen does know alot of this.. if I were Maxine Clark, I bet I would love to choose Karen! She's understandable. But Lexi, I bet you would be a gr8 CEO too! Maxine Clark Announces Retirement  465488
GwynethLove
GwynethLove
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down