Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts?

+17
TyPlayful2
mandypurple2
Chocolatelvr
irockon
Chosu
igooglei
blah12345
❤Crystal❤
Bear
muffinatormanic
katiecubby19
AmyJanuary12
MamieBanana
kirstyhearts4
gabigoo5
zoeybear1212
simplymade
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts?

Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Vote_lcap19%Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Vote_lcap19%Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Vote_lcap47%Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 15 ]
Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Vote_lcap15%Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 32

Poll closed

Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Empty Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts?

Post by simplymade Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:54 am

I have noticed that some members on BGF rarely get any replies and they have good items.
Why do you think that is?

Merged Duplicate Topics / HamptonBear, Jr. Officer

Last edited by simplymade on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
simplymade
simplymade
Jr Reporter

Back to top Go down

Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Empty Re: Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts?

Post by zoeybear1212 Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:58 am

It depends on what they like.I look at peoples trade threads and if I don't like anything or don't have anything on their want list and I can't come up with an offer I just don't do anything.
zoeybear1212
Associate Bear
Associate Bear

Back to top Go down

Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Empty Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts?

Post by simplymade Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:58 am

I have noticed that some members on BGF rarely get any replies and they have good items.
Why do you think that is?
simplymade
simplymade
Jr Reporter

Back to top Go down

Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? Empty Re: Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts?

Post by gabigoo5 Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:02 am

it always happen to me like first ill have a few posts but then when people make their threads then mine gets left at the last page or at the bottom of the trade threads.Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? 597500

but i think people don't look at everyones thread because they already know they don't have any rare items (even though every psi is rare).
gabigoo5
gabigoo5
Associate Bear
Associate Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by kirstyhearts4 Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:02 am

umm most of the time that is because that member is not looking at the items that the member is offering

and i check all trading post so i usaully also look at stuff what the member wants so i don't want to be offering stuff the other memebr does not want
kirstyhearts4
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by simplymade Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:05 am

kirstyhearts4 wrote:umm most of the time that is because that member is not looking at the items that the member is offering

and i check all trading post so i usaully also look at stuff what the member wants so i don't want to be offering stuff the other memebr does not want
Oh. Do you have any other plausible reasons why other peole don't look at certain people's trade?
simplymade
simplymade
Jr Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by MamieBanana Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:08 am

I look through LOTS of people's trades!

First I look to see if they have something that I have
been looking for and if they are looking for something
that I have - that makes it VERY easy to make a good offer.

I avoid trade threads that have gone past 6 pages -
it is too much to look through to see what sort of items
have been accepted/rejected. I don't want to offer the
same thing that other people have been rejected on.

I also look to see if the person is online at the time I am
looking to make an offer. In most cases that gets a quick
response. (Although some traders are NOT good traders
and even though they go in and out of their own thread
they do not ever respond which is against the rules Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? 597500 )

Of course we all like to trade with people who are "good"
traders; those who follow the rules and can be counted
on - so for me, that includes friends, officers, and people
I have had a positive trade with.

Happy Trading to All!
MamieBanana
MamieBanana
Chief Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by kirstyhearts4 Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:09 am

hehe you made two by mistake
kirstyhearts4
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by simplymade Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:12 am

kirstyhearts4 wrote:hehe you made two by mistake
I know that's why i put lock or delete made 2.
simplymade
simplymade
Jr Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyJanuary12 Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:14 am

Well... in my opinion I think people look at people who are most known here, like they are officers, or moderators. That's just in my opinion. I usually look at people who don't have much, I guess it's because I know I will get a fast reply or I just want them to have a post in theres.
AmyJanuary12
AmyJanuary12
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by simplymade Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:15 am

AmyJanuary12 wrote:Well... in my opinion I think people look at people who are most known here, like they are officers, or moderators. That's just in my opinion. I usually look at people who don't have much, I guess it's because I know I will get a fast reply or I just want them to have a post in theres.
That's a very good response. I was thinking the same thing.
simplymade
simplymade
Jr Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by katiecubby19 Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:03 am

i look at them, but i don't do trading posts here. i've only offered a trade once, wait no twice and that's it.
katiecubby19
katiecubby19
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:10 am

Maybe cause they think the person will say no..
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:18 am

For me I avoid trade posts with lots of pages, like
Mamie Banana. I do that because if I get my trade
gets accepted or rejected I will have to go all the way
at the back and it's confusing.

I think some people do that because they might had
saw that this person always has rare items that they
are interested in, so they offer in that trade post.
Then that keeps them from looking at other trade posts.
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by ❤Crystal❤ Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:41 am

well i look at everyone's trade thread, but if they have items i want and if i have the items they want i offer, but if they have everything i want to offer, i don't offer
❤Crystal❤
❤Crystal❤
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by simplymade Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:43 am

Thanks for all of your help!
simplymade
simplymade
Jr Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by blah12345 Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:24 am

I usually look at everyones but sometimes there are items I already have so I don't offer.
blah12345
blah12345
Graphic Artist/Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by igooglei Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:27 am

Well, I think it depends if it's in the portal or not (like if it's going down the list of the recent topics) becuase I think some people don't go down the whole list of trade threads, so they just look at ones at the top or in the portal Why do BGF members only look at certain people's trading posts? 465488

The ones at the top or in the portal are most likley the most popular trading posts, and the trade post has lots of good items, so it ends up being at the top or in the portal ALL the time
igooglei
igooglei
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Chosu Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:28 am

Is it odd if i dont trade? :O because i dont...
Chosu
Chosu
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by irockon Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:31 am

I don't trade on BGF...
irockon
irockon
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by simplymade Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:32 am

well you guys have been helpful.
maybe this will encourage some people to start trading and others to look at most trading posts.
simplymade
simplymade
Jr Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolatelvr Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:13 am

I look through most peoples trades. Its just I go to the suggest ones and the interesting ones first. If I can't find anything, I move onto the next.
Chocolatelvr
Chocolatelvr
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mandypurple2 Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:24 am

I offer on most peoples thread if I know the item im looking for and know they have it. And i mainly offer on people ive done "buisness" with because i know mostly their wants list. And some people ive seen on babv and know what they have so it makes it easiar for me.
mandypurple2
mandypurple2
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by TyPlayful2 Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:25 am

WOW! everytime i make a trade post, not much people make an offer. Its so sad
TyPlayful2
TyPlayful2
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BABVrcks Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:42 am

Usually i look at people trade post on what they have on there want list if i have it i offer
BABVrcks
BABVrcks
Associate Bear
Associate Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next