Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junior High

4 posters

Go down

Junior High Empty Junior High

Post by Dillonus Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:58 am

I'm going to Junior High next year, so excited. Any tips to adjust to a new school or remember locker combinations?
Dillonus
Dillonus
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Junior High Empty Re: Junior High

Post by Cheer Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:28 am

Oooh have fun~
Last year was my last year of junior high and next school year I'll be a junior.

First of all, you should be really excited! Your excitement will last all throughout summer, but you might get scared when it's your first day of junior high. I switched school for the very first time last year, and I was terrified. You'll make new friends, and you'll have your old friends too. Be friendly to everyone~
Try to go to school the first day early, like half an hour or fourty-five minutes before school starts, and go with a friend and find your classroom. Getting there early will help you get used to it, and it's always better to be with a friend. Have a meeting place that you'll always go to in order to meet your friends for lunch and after school.
Locker combinations kind of just stick with you. Write it down somewhere, like in your agenda or a planner or notebook, just something. You might forget the first couple of days so have a piece of paper in your pocket with your combination written down. It should help.

This is all I can really offer to answer your questions with based on my past experiences, and still that was high school. I figure it would be pretty similar though. Oh, and join clubs! You'll make so many friends in them, and it'll help you get used to the school.
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:34 am

I think the most vital thing I can tell you is this: It gets better.

When people tell you these are the best years of your life, don't believe them. Things might be good, might be bad, but odds are high things will only improve from here. I had a hard time in junior high and the concept that such a horrible experience was supposed to be the pinnacle of my life only made things harder for me.

Spend your free time the first few days just walking around the halls, getting a hang for where everything is -- it'll help later on when you're trying to remember where a certain room is.

Check out the various clubs and activities your school offers -- I won't advise you on which ones to pick because they really depend on you, but hanging out with people who share your interests is a more reliable way to make friends than hoping the person next to you in class has something in common.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren♥ Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 pm

How fun! I just finished my first year of Junior High! I'm telling you this, at my school, there is a BUNCH of drama! Thats all the kids like to do! Lockers are pretty easy! I just repeat this in my head: Left, Right, Left. Of course, my first number was 0. So that was easy for me! Lol! Depending on your school, you will have a few minutes of free time to go to your locker. Its called passing periods. At my school, we had 5 minutes. But we only get 4 next year because we won't have lockers. I agree with Molly, it does get better. You can be a little nervous, but it gets fun! There's lots of partys and events! Have fun though! ;D
Lauren♥
Lauren♥
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down