Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember 911

+5
AleciaAutumn10
priscillaballerina31
xoxoclaryxoxo22
MollyFlyer
muffinatormanic
9 posters

Go down

Remember 911 Empty Remember 911

Post by muffinatormanic Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:37 am

I know this is late but I can't help but think...

This makes me so sad every year and this year I learned so much about it from history teachers and documeteries. I remember I was at kindgarten and my teacher was crying.. And watching news about George Bush.. That's pretty much it, what were you doing 10 years ago on Tues 9/11?
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Remember 911 Empty Re: Remember 911

Post by MollyFlyer Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:45 am

I was in high school; I had a morning gym class and was outside playing ultimate frisbee, generally miserable (my teacher was horrible and would mark me down because I'd name non-team sports whenever she asked for suggestions) when the announcement came. When I came back in, everyone in my next class was talking about it -- apparently they'd come on the school's speakers and said America was under attack. The teachers said nothing further, so I went to the computer lab at lunch and checked the news sites to figure out what was going on.

I remember coming home and watching the news, thinking that the footage looked like something out of a movie. It had an odd distance to it, like it wasn't really happening. The news talked about local airports that took in planes that hadn't been permitted to land in the States, and how a bunch of them had ended up staying overnight in the gyms of nearby high schools.

I felt pride in my country, that we stepped in and did our part, and got extremely annoyed at Bush when he left us out of the list of countries he thanked for helping out. I still think he's a jerk for that.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:47 am

MollyFlyer wrote:I was in high school; I had a morning gym class and was outside playing ultimate frisbee, generally miserable (my teacher was horrible and would mark me down because I'd name non-team sports whenever she asked for suggestions) when the announcement came. When I came back in, everyone in my next class was talking about it -- apparently they'd come on the school's speakers and said America was under attack. The teachers said nothing further, so I went to the computer lab at lunch and checked the news sites to figure out what was going on.

I remember coming home and watching the news, thinking that the footage looked like something out of a movie. It had an odd distance to it, like it wasn't really happening. The news talked about local airports that took in planes that hadn't been permitted to land in the States, and how a bunch of them had ended up staying overnight in the gyms of nearby high schools.

I felt pride in my country, that we stepped in and did our part, and got extremely annoyed at Bush when he left us out of the list of countries he thanked for helping out. I still think he's a jerk for that.
What country did he leave out? or what country are you in?
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Canada. Which is why it's a pretty big deal that we were forgotten.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxoclaryxoxo22 Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Every year I remember of that day!!! That is so sad:( Those peoples didn't have any hearts!!Remember 911 597500
xoxoclaryxoxo22
xoxoclaryxoxo22
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by priscillaballerina31 Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:48 pm

We called all our relatives and told them we loved them and really appreciated the little things in life♥♥
priscillaballerina31
priscillaballerina31
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:34 am

I was really small that time, like 4. I didn't understand what was happening. We lived in NYC at that time, so you could imagine how scary it was. We were at school, and all I remember is that my Dad (who worked in Manhattan) picked us up from school early, and took us home. I had no idea what was going on. I understood when I got older. It's so sad. I even have an aunt who worked there, and had decided to take the day off that day. I feel so sad when I think of it.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by LoraDazzle4 Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:34 am

I really can't remember. I was really small. I saw my mum watching tv and talking with my dad. I didn't know what happened, but I didn't ask, then when I when I got bigger I knew about this better. Well It's all very sad day for all of us. It was a really cruel thing.
LoraDazzle4
LoraDazzle4
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:13 am

I was five years old and in school, so I knew nothing about it. I don't even think my mom told me when it happened.
So I guess I didn't really care. I know it sounds bad but I'm just being honest, and I'm sure most of you didn't care when you were four or five, either.
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryLove13 Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:41 am

I was also in kindergarten, I don't remember much except I have a frozen still of the T.V. with the banner on the bottom that says what is going on and the towers engulfed in smoke.
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:35 am

I don't really remember, but I do remember what happened a few weeks or a month after, when we were driving in the city, and I asked my dad where the towers went, and he said that they were attacked by planes. I was really confused at first, since I didn't really get how planes could break a building, but of course, after a few years I understood everything. And it's really sad. I'm writing a featured article for my school newspaper this month, remembering 9/11, so I get to know more and more everyday about the whole thing.
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down