Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Creature From Harry Potter

+12
emmie
Loveablegirl
cyrus2hip594
Bear
Cheer
winter
MollyFlyer
AleciaAutumn10
heidi02
SkylarRockin
Daize
bearvilleisawesome
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Magical Creature From Harry Potter - Page 2 Empty Re: Magical Creature From Harry Potter

Post by emmie Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:46 am

humm! Magical Creature From Harry Potter - Page 2 714412 not sure Magical Creature From Harry Potter - Page 2 Icon_razz
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Magical Creature From Harry Potter - Page 2 Empty Re: Magical Creature From Harry Potter

Post by MollyFlyer Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:55 am

Hagrid's the teacher; teachers need to be prepared for stupid kids acting like stupid kids.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by bearvilleisawesome Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:57 am

haha sooo true molly!! kids will be kids
bearvilleisawesome
bearvilleisawesome
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:00 am

MollyFlyer wrote:Well, technically, Hagrid should've given them more instruction instead of tossing them in front of hippogriffs on day one . . . an accident like that was just asking to happen.

Well, Hagrid did give them enough warning. It was just Dracos carelessness and maybe even jealousy?
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by bearvilleisawesome Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 am

AleciaAutumn10 wrote:
MollyFlyer wrote:Well, technically, Hagrid should've given them more instruction instead of tossing them in front of hippogriffs on day one . . . an accident like that was just asking to happen.

Well, Hagrid did give them enough warning. It was just Dracos carelessness and maybe even jealousy?
yeah thats true, Hagrid told them what they were supposed to do, and what would happen if they didnt listen and didnt do what they were supposed to do and if Draco would have listened he wouldnt have gotten hurt
bearvilleisawesome
bearvilleisawesome
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:31 am

bearvilleisawesome wrote:
AleciaAutumn10 wrote:

yeah thats true, Hagrid told them what they were supposed to do, and what would happen if they didnt listen and didnt do what they were supposed to do and if Draco would have listened he wouldnt have gotten hurt

I don't think he was being careless, in my opinion he knew exactly what he was doing and did it on purpose to provoke the bird. Draco's personality is like that, in the book, I'm not surprised he did that, that's the consequences you'll get. But, Hagrid did tell the class clearly about what to do, how Hippogriffs didn't like being insulted, so it should be Draco who gets a punishment, he never followed instructions. He's held accountable for his actions, it's not like Hagrid didn't tell the class that.
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:11 am

I think your right. He wanted to provoke the bird. And he should be punished. I found that completely unfair. Lucius >.<
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:31 pm

I love Dobby and Hedwig <3
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by bearvilleisawesome Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:39 pm

muffinatormanic wrote:I love Dobby and Hedwig <3
oh yeah i like hedwig to! i have the stuffed animal
bearvilleisawesome
bearvilleisawesome
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:24 pm

AleciaAutumn10 wrote:I think your right. He wanted to provoke the bird. And he should be punished. I found that completely unfair. Lucius >.<

It's bias, and not fair that he threatens people etc. :\
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:47 pm

Really? Did you get it at Florida? When you were at the Hogsmeade?
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by bearvilleisawesome Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:08 pm

lol yup i did!
bearvilleisawesome
bearvilleisawesome
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:27 pm

muffinatormanic wrote:
Really? Did you get it at Florida? When you were at the Hogsmeade?

I think you can get it at the Wizarding World of HP (in Universal Studio, where we're talking about, but there's Hogsmeade in the theme park). Magical Creature From Harry Potter - Page 2 465488 You can probably get it online, though, I'm sure of that.
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Test Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm not sure. Magical Creature From Harry Potter - Page 2 Icon_razz
I don't know their names, so yeah. LOL Magical Creature From Harry Potter - Page 2 Icon_razz
Test
Test
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:23 pm

Describe them, we might be able to tell.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:18 am

I can't see Draco trying to deliberately provoke Buckbeak. Perhaps attempt to make a point that he's smarter than the teacher (Hagrid may be nice, but he never actually graduated from Hogwarts and apparently never took any training to become a teacher in the first place), but he was legitimately injured and I can't see him, considering his pride, allowing himself to show the weakness of having to be carried to the hospital wing deliberately.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:28 am

Why else would he try to go near the bird? Hagrid had given enough warning, but he still didn't listen.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:42 am

I'm just thinking that any class I've been in where we worked with dangerous materials -- and not something as unpredictable as a live animal -- we spent an entire class going over the safety regulations. One verbal warning is not sufficient, as I said, for someone who dismisses Hagrid as a fool and an unqualified teacher.

If someone in my chemistry class set their hair on fire if we started on bunsen burners the first day, sure she'd get in trouble but the teacher would also be disciplined for not properly explaining why you need to tie your hair back.

As I said, kids can be stupid. A teacher needs to be qualified to protect them from themselves.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:53 am

But, I mean, he told them to be very careful. I agree, he has no experience whatsoever, but he's trained with animals. The sentence that was given to buckbeak was completely unfair. Its not his fault they werent careful enough.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:29 am

All right, to put it this way -- I think it would have been a more appropriate punishment had Buckbeak been relocated to, say, a Hippogriff sanctuary and Hagrid sacked and replaced with someone who knew as much about teaching as they did about the animals. Hagrid is perfectly qualified as an animal wrangler, but he tends to view highly dangerous animals as cuddly and doesn't quite realize the threat some of them pose to small and breakable children.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:59 am

True. He definitely does not have the qualifications to be a teacher. But Draco should still have been more careful, in my case. He had told him he was a proud creature, and Draco deliberately teased him in a way.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:06 am

I keep saying: Kids can be complete idiots. There's always some goof-off in class -- I've seen 'em in my muggle classes -- who deliberately does what the teacher tells them not to. Even if they bring it on themselves, it's the teacher's responsibility to keep them from getting killed. Lessons like these need to be fool-proofed.

Last edited by MollyFlyer on Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:19 am

I did not get that.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mfuzzybear Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:16 am

I love Fang hahaha even though he's a scaredycat.
mfuzzybear
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:43 am

Dobby <3
So cute (:
Anita
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next