Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Never Trading Again

+12
Kellz
muffinatormanic
karenbearhug
JLBABV
HeatherHeart
Daize
Bear
taylarallheart46
AleciaAutumn10
MollyFlyer
Anita
Cheer
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm Never Trading Again Empty I'm Never Trading Again

Post by Cheer Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:32 am

So, normally I never trade. I just don't really like it too much, but every time I have, it was in Bear Boulevard, with the experienced traders.

Well, I got a ton of trade requests last night. So I asked people not to trade with me unless they have the red panda PSI. Because, well, that's what I'm looking for. And I knew nobody there had it, because, well, it didn't really look like they did.
So this one girl whispers me, and she's like "what do you want for trades" or something. So I answer her "red panda." Then she's all "you can't trade furry friends."
/headdesk
So I tell her that I want the item it comes with. Then she's like, I have it. And at this point, I'm really doubting her. Red panda is a rare PSI. And she looked like a newbie, she wasn't rare. So I tell her to send me a trade so I can see if she actually has it.
Then she spews off this long list of what she wants for it. What did she want? Money, a BVO dress, and a Bear Head Pool. Yeah... my doubts definitely increased.
So I tell her I have that stuff, and tell her to trade me. So she does, looks through my inventory, then is like "show me" or something, and it comes across as really rude. And she closes the trade.
It's called a hidden inventory. :x
So then I decide to look through her inventory, normally I don't do this because the inventory doesn't load completely, and logs me out. So I look, and sure enough, she doesn't have it.
So I talk to her again, ask her about it, and she said "It's my first bear. I don't want to trade it."
Yeah, right. So I look through her bears again, and sure enough, she doesn't have the bear.
Twenty minutes wasted.

tl;dr- I hate trading.
Share your bad trading experiences here. C:
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

I'm Never Trading Again Empty Re: I'm Never Trading Again

Post by Anita Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:02 am

Gah I hated this trade Dx
---------------------------
One day I was in Bear Boulevard,I said "Trading embroidered top." then a girl started whispering me "I'll give you a grand tiara,bunny glasses,and furry feet."
She asked me to trade so I clicked yes.Then she put them in so she took the embroidered (She dressed like a newbie and had no bear!" Then I said "Wow thank you so much! I'm Never Trading Again 465488" Then she was like hold on,in the next trade i'll give you these okay?I said "Okay..." She was like "You added me right?" I was like "Yup!" then she took out her items and took my embroidered,So after the trade I asked her to trade again, she clicked no, deleted me, and ran off with my embroidered aka logging off.And I never saw her again Dx
Anita
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:04 am

Oh, awful. But a few bad apples aren't reason to quit trading altogether -- just to be more careful about it. The trading den here is pretty safe -- and you can be sure that no one is going to lie about it; everyone else would find out if they did.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:20 am

Awws. I haven't really ever been scammed, but annoyed to death.
Once, I was in BABW and you know, trading and stuff. And this girl asked to be my friend, and so I accept. She then asks to trade and is like a complete newbie, wanting my dino shoes and stuff, so instead I take it out and offer BB and it was a pretzel I think? So when I accept, she takes it out and takes all my rare stuff and wants it for free. So I take it out and offer her the BB and the item. She then puts in the same exact things, and I take out my things and cancel the trade. Then she like follows me and whispers to me like crazy, completely freezing my laptop. I deleted her, but she still kept on following me. I even saw her at my house once O.o
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by taylarallheart46 Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:27 am

alejandrojanubeary tricked me once :[
taylarallheart46
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:40 am

Ah, I have too many to recall. I'm Never Trading Again Icon_razz Next time, try looking in their inventories instead, I guess?
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:42 am

I don't really remember.
Just be careful next time.

If you have everything you want, there is no need to trade :]
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:42 am

Looking in inventories make me have to refresh, cause it never loads. D:
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatherHeart Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:46 am

GAAH! I NEVER EVER trade. I haven't traded in like a year!

HeatherHeart
HeatherHeart
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:54 am

HeatherHeart wrote:GAAH! I NEVER EVER trade. I haven't traded in like a year!

Same, I stopped playing BABV after a while, and now there's all these new items and I don't want to be tricked. I'm Never Trading Again Icon_razz
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:59 am

I've had loads! But my worst would be when i traded my first ever PSI for a bunch of bearbills, back when i didn't know what a PSI was or that i even had one, but that was my own fault I'm Never Trading Again 597500 still the person could have offered me something else other than a bunch of bearbills >.< i don't like trading because i like all my stuff and people are all, please can i have a load of rare stuff for something you can buy for 200BB in pawlettes, and you say sorry, no, and they threaten to report you!
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:10 am

It is frustrating to spend so much time on a trade, only to find out that they are not being honest. I get bombarded for trades every time I log on. I choose not to hide my inventory because I don't feel I should have to cover up what I've earned over the years. I don't do nearly as much trading as I used to, mostly because it is difficult to find honest traders. My rule of thumb is -- when in doubt, I just politely say "no thanks" and click out of the trade. It saves me a lot of time and frustration!
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:46 am

I regret trading my bunny glasses for gray cat psi(whiskers and ears) on BGF. I didn't know you could just buy it at my local store and bunny glasses wasn't that rare at the time, it was just a trend. I haven't been scammed even though a lot of people have tried. I have been bothered but I blocked them
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:50 am

That's why you need to think about trades carefully before you agree to them. Makes me thankful for my habit of tucking everything away in the attic -- that's how I ended up with several pairs of nerdy glasses when they were most in demand.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:51 am

MollyFlyer wrote:That's why you need to think about trades carefully before you agree to them. Makes me thankful for my habit of tucking everything away in the attic -- that's how I ended up with several pairs of nerdy glasses when they were most in demand.
Yeah I have no idea why I said yes. I was my noobish self back then lool and a newbie to BGF
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellz Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:52 am

I've had a lot of bad trades.. -__-
Kellz
Kellz
Forum Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:58 am

I've had some horrible offers, but usually make sure to close out right away.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:46 pm

muffinatormanic wrote:I regret trading my bunny glasses for gray cat psi(whiskers and ears) on BGF. I didn't know you could just buy it at my local store and bunny glasses wasn't that rare at the time, it was just a trend. I haven't been scammed even though a lot of people have tried. I have been bothered but I blocked them

Aw, at least you've learned from your mistakes. I've traded my bunny glasses for ear buddies, I kind of regret it, though. I'm Never Trading Again Icon_razz
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:51 am

Awww I'm Never Trading Again 597500 I remember when someone somehow did a glitch and took my 2009 top hat without me even knowing I'm Never Trading Again 597500 I hide my manager and employee items now. I do not want that happening again.
Josh
Josh
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:54 am

Really? D:

Did you email vwhelp? They can help you!
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:14 am

Yea! One time when I was clearing my living room, my stuff was no longer in my inventory. So I emailed them and I got it back!
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:15 am

VWhelp is so nice. <3 They fix just about everything.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:32 am

I guess that's their job I'm Never Trading Again Icon_razz
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:33 am

It is, lol.

But they're so nice about it, too. It's all so easy.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:00 am

Ikr. I hope they double check before giving. That way anyone can ask for anything O.o
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next