Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale

+2
BigBird♥
BasketballLuver
6 posters

Go down

Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale Empty Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale

Post by BasketballLuver Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Are you a type of person that enjoys reading historical fiction books? Do you like reading books that are a reenactment of an actual event? Well, I have a book just for you. Last summer I was assigned to read Dark Water Rising. Originally I would have turn down this book if it wasn't something I had to read. I am not a fan of this type of genre, but surprisingly I stayed up all night to finish this book. It was suspenseful in a odd way. It wasn't like a mystery, but more like "what happens next? Is he okay? Did he get hurt?"

Dark Water Rising
by Mariana Hale is a book set during the Galveston Storm of 1900. It’s an unforgettable story of survival and struggle in the face of a natural disaster. It shows how Galveston, Texas, one of the booming cities of the twentieth century, is filled with opportunities but it also shows that just one devastating hurricane can bring a nightmare. The book represents true feelings experienced during this great storm. It shows how just one hurricane can bring loss and anxiety to so many people. A beautiful and memorable work that endures the depression emerged by the great waves of the hurricane. Mariana Hale draws a vivid description of pain and suffers.

Seth wants to be a carpenter but his father moved the family to Galveston so that Seth can become a doctor and it’s the end of his dream. His last few weeks of summer have not been so bad, though. Seth has found his first real job as a builder, and there is a girl he has an eye on…until a storm warning is raised.

A book filled with intense conflict and heart pounding pain. Mariana Hale does a great job placing you into the story as if it was you experiencing the great hurricane yourself. This book symbolizes the destruction of the Galveston 1900 Storm and how more than 3,600 homes and businesses were destroyed.
BasketballLuver
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale Empty Re: Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale

Post by BigBird♥ Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 pm

No, i havent heard/read it but it sounds like a great book!
BigBird♥
BigBird♥
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BasketballLuver Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:15 pm

BigBird♥ wrote:No, i havent heard/read it but it sounds like a great book!

It really is. I thought it was be boring especially with the book cover and all, but I found it actually quite okay. =]
BasketballLuver
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Test Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:09 am

Oooo sounds fab! Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale 465488 I will have to find it Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale Icon_razz Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale 143839
Test
Test
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mindynature Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:11 am

It sounds great! I will try to find it one day! Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale 143839
mindynature
mindynature
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Rain~ Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 am

Hmmm.. Yes. YES YES. It sounds amazing, I'll have to check it out. Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale 465488
~Rain~
~Rain~
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BasketballLuver Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:12 pm

*Test* wrote:Oooo sounds fab! Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale 465488 I will have to find it Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale Icon_razz Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale 143839

Yeah, at first I really wasn't enjoying it since I am not a historical fiction reader, but it turned out to be a very good book. I love the purpose chosen to write this particular book. =]
BasketballLuver
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BasketballLuver Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:13 pm

mindynature wrote:It sounds great! I will try to find it one day! Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale 143839

Lol. One day. I like the confidence you have for reading this book. =]
BasketballLuver
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BasketballLuver Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Remi11 wrote:Hmmm.. Yes. YES YES. It sounds amazing, I'll have to check it out. Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale 465488

You tell me how you like it once you do read it. Have fun. The best thing I liked about this book was the pictures I could draw in my head. It was a really sad book with great sentimental value, though. =]

Please do not multi post. Use the +QUOTE button when you wish to respond to more than one person.
MamieBanana/Chief
BasketballLuver
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JeannaBearFun Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:07 am

This seems really nice as in a book; the book may be all sad, though. I am not into historical fiction books either, but yes, this one sounds...well, I want to know what happens next! I am gonna give this book a try, sometime. Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale 610897 Thanks for sharing BasketballLuver! Dark Water Rising by Mariana Hale 143839
JeannaBearFun
JeannaBearFun
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down