Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt

+15
Crystal Icetwinckle
sammibubbles3
karayourock3
sundance
LinhWishes
tweety9102
alydiva225
honeydew
liadeon
Luv
winter
chrissiehugs
fufu118
MeLlichenx3
HamptonBear
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt Empty Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt

Post by HamptonBear Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:48 pm

Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt

Do you love the holidays and all the delicious foods in store for you? It is time for us all to be on a break from school and spend some time with our families! So for this contest, you will be on a search for holiday foods available at the Coffee Shop in the Furbulous Fashion District or at Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen at the North Pole hidden in any member's posts. Think about where fun or important information is located to find the threads where the food items are hidden! All the items are in posts viewable by all members. How many items are hidden around? You will have to look around and find out! Each holiday food item is an item you can find on Build-A-Bearville and has a price tag on it neatly tagged by the BGF Graphic Artists. The items all have a different amount of money in the BGFB (Bearville Guide Forum Bills) currency attached to them and the same item may be found in more than one place. The object of this contest is to spend the most money on holiday foods. And then at the end of the contest, the member who spends the most money wins this contest!

Example:

Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt Hwxw2h
*This one does not count but is located in threads*

When you are done shopping, you will need to send ONE PM or email (HamptonBear@bearvilleguide.com) with all of the items you found to HamptonBear stating the following information:

1. A link to the thread
2. The post's author

For the item to count, you must send all of the information listed above. You may only send me ONE PM/Email. If you send me more than one PM/email, I will only count the first one. So please make sure you are done shopping before you PM/email me. Once you send me a PM/email, I will go check your answers and add up the money you spent. At the end of the contest I will post how much each contestant spent.

Prizes:
1st Place: Mystery Animal ID # and Code
2nd Place: 4 Bearville Outfitters Credit Items of Your Choice
3rd Place: 3 Bearville Outfitters Credit Items of Your Choice
4th Place: 2 Bearville Outfitters Credit Items of Your Choice
5th Place: 1 Bearville Outfitters Credit Items of Your Choice

Winners must PM me within 72 hours when the winners are announced to claim their prize.

Please note that no real money or bear bills are involved.

If you reveal any of the locations of items in any threads, you will be disqualified from this contest. Also, if you PM locations to other members, you will be disqualified. Any questions you have, you may ask them in this thread.

*Total possible money you can "spend" is $980 BGFB*

Clues to Get You Started:
1. What kind of holidays food can you cook up? These winners must know!
2. “On the first day of Christmas…" ; “We wish you a Merry Christmas…” ; “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas…”
3. Wow I love to host events, maybe I can do it officially for BGF?
4. ChloeRocks gave me a hat last year to be her very special elf!
5. Frosty the Snowman… was a very jolly soul!

You have until Sunday December 27th at 11:59 PM EST to send me the PM or email. Please put Holiday Food Hunt as the title.

Happy Shopping!

HamptonBear
HamptonBear
Chief Officer

Back to top Go down

Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt Empty Re: Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt

Post by MeLlichenx3 Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:23 am

This sounds cool! Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 465488

But I have a question: Do I just have to look for the different food and take notes about it and then PM you or what is that "spending" part about?
MeLlichenx3
MeLlichenx3
Jr Reporter

Back to top Go down

Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt Empty Re: Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt

Post by HamptonBear Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:34 pm

MeLlichenx3 wrote:This sounds cool! Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 465488

But I have a question: Do I just have to look for the different food and take notes about it and then PM you or what is that "spending" part about?

You are just looking for holiday food items and must provide to me the two pieces of information specified above. The amount of money spent is based on the price tags of each of the items. Whoever "spends" the most money by finding the most items, wins this contest.
HamptonBear
HamptonBear
Chief Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by fufu118 Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:47 pm

Pawosome Hampy!!! lol It's like the time we did it for the start of school!! XD I have a question: does the one on the thread count as one of the items? THan ks Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 465488
fufu118
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HamptonBear Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:49 pm

fufu118 wrote:Pawosome Hampy!!! lol It's like the time we did it for the start of school!! XD I have a question: does the one on the thread count as one of the items? THan ks Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 465488

No, it states above that it does not count and may be found in threads. And yes it is the holiday version of the back to school contest. Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 203437
HamptonBear
HamptonBear
Chief Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissiehugs Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:12 am

We need links to all the threads we found the items on?
chrissiehugs
chrissiehugs
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by winter Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:48 am

good luck everyone, i am going to do this again. Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 143839
winter
winter
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:51 am

Man, this is hard! I got all the hints though.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by HamptonBear Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:49 am

chrissiehugs wrote:We need links to all the threads we found the items on?

Yes if you want that item to count.
HamptonBear
HamptonBear
Chief Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by liadeon Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:38 am

I have a question : Is the item present only in the 1st post of the thread or can it be in any of the others posts in the other pages?
liadeon
liadeon
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HamptonBear Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:43 am

liadeon wrote:I have a question : Is the item present only in the 1st post of the thread or can it be in any of the others posts in the other pages?

It can be anywhere Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 465488
HamptonBear
HamptonBear
Chief Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:58 am

Wait, so for each item to count, it has to look like this:

http://www.bearvilleguide.com/bgf-contests-f95/contest-39-bgfs-holiday-food-hunt-t48643.htm#710108
HamptonBear

(example is this thread, of course)
Do we have to add what kind of item or the amount of BGFB, or is that it?
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by HamptonBear Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:50 am

Luv wrote:Wait, so for each item to count, it has to look like this:

http://www.bearvilleguide.com/bgf-contests-f95/contest-39-bgfs-holiday-food-hunt-t48643.htm#710108
HamptonBear

(example is this thread, of course)
Do we have to add what kind of item or the amount of BGFB, or is that it?

What you wrote is perfect.
HamptonBear
HamptonBear
Chief Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:04 am

Alright, thank you, HamptonBear!

This has been a fun contest so far. I've searched so many topics!
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by honeydew Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:20 am

Are the cookies just in the staff members posts or in random members posts?
(If you'd rather not anwser you don't too)
honeydew
honeydew
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HamptonBear Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:02 pm

honeydew wrote:Are the cookies just in the staff members posts or in random members posts?
(If you'd rather not anwser you don't too)

They can be found anywhere.
HamptonBear
HamptonBear
Chief Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 am

I thought of another question. Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 1107968042

Are there any in places that not all members can access such as the BearXChange?

You can answer with a simple yes or no, I don't need details. Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 465488
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by HamptonBear Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:26 am

Luv wrote:I thought of another question. Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 1107968042

Are there any in places that not all members can access such as the BearXChange?

You can answer with a simple yes or no, I don't need details. Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 465488

No.

For everyone's past and future questions, make sure you read the first thread very carefully. Everything that has been asked was already written there. Yes it is a little lengthy but every possible thing you may be wondering about or confused about to complete to this contest is found there.
HamptonBear
HamptonBear
Chief Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by alydiva225 Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:22 am

HamptonBear wrote:

You are just looking for holiday food items and must provide to me the two pieces of information specified above. The amount of money spent is based on the price tags of each of the items. Whoever "spends" the most money by finding the most items, wins this contest.

where do you look for it?
alydiva225
alydiva225
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:34 am

HamptonBear wrote:

How do I know which foods are holiday foods? I found things like sandwiches and stuff too. I'm confused now.

Last edited by Luv on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by tweety9102 Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:49 am

Oh my gosh, I have found one but I didnt know it was for a contest! I'm seriously a dumb person.. Contest 39: BGF’s Holiday Food Hunt 903516
tweety9102
tweety9102
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by LinhWishes Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Ohhh This sound so much fun!
LinhWishes
LinhWishes
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HamptonBear Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:36 am

alydiva225 wrote:
HamptonBear wrote:

where do you look for it?

In various threads around BGF.

Luv wrote:
HamptonBear wrote:

How do I know which foods are holiday foods? I found things like sandwiches and stuff too. I'm confused now.

I used items available in Mrs. Claus' shop and the holiday ones in the coffee shop.
HamptonBear
HamptonBear
Chief Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by tweety9102 Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:00 am

hampton, does that mean pm u?
tweety9102
tweety9102
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sundance Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:55 am

anyone find anything?
sundance
sundance
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next