Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there any Test Stores in the UK"?

+6
momma
musiclover13
BriannaBallet
fufu118
JLBABV
EvangelineBearyLucky
10 posters

Go down

Are there any Test Stores in the UK"? Empty Are there any Test Stores in the UK"?

Post by EvangelineBearyLucky Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:20 am

Hey everyone! The title says it all. Please help.
EvangelineBearyLucky
EvangelineBearyLucky
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Are there any Test Stores in the UK"? Empty Re: Are there any Test Stores in the UK"?

Post by JLBABV Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:52 am

IDK but i would like to know that too
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Are there any Test Stores in the UK"? Empty Re: Are there any Test Stores in the UK"?

Post by fufu118 Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:06 am

hm....IDK yeah i know there are test stores in the US but im not sure about UK
fufu118
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BriannaBallet Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:10 am

good question i wonder if they will tell u
BriannaBallet
BriannaBallet
Admin Challenge Champ
Admin Challenge Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by musiclover13 Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:11 am

That is a good question, I can't wait till they answer. Are there any Test Stores in the UK"? 143839
musiclover13
musiclover13
Manager Bear
Manager Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by momma Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:25 am

When we found the Camo Bear out early in a store, I can't remember why but we had to go into the back area for something (maybe a booboo or potty emergency while their public ones were busy, I forget) and I got to chat with one of the employees about the subject of test bears. She said that they never know when they'll get picked as a test market but pretty much any location is eligible to become one.

Based on my own background in studying marketing, retailing, statistics, and more, plus personal observation...

Big, flagship stores will get special items to sell, like the New York City store with their own unique condos, unique birth certificates, and selling items that are normally online only (like international passport outfits) or ballpark (like the NY sports team furry friends) or special lines (like the dinos)... But in order to have real feedback data on new furry friends, statistically speaking, you want to have them pop up all over in a variety of locations... small towns, cities, various regions of the country, poorer and richer communities, where there are many military or farming families and where there are none, etc... That gives a company a feel for whether their product will work all over or if it will work best in a more limited market, or even if it will fail. Then companies take that data along with other research and decide how many of the item to produce and where to sell it.

Having a particular store branded as a test market location can be fun for the people who get to shop there, but it doesn't really give the company the same useful information that semi-random locations can give them. Instead, keep your eyes open for these special pets and if you are an adult that is comfortable saying where you shopped, let us know... if you are a kid, always seek permission from your parents before sharing and if you all determine that you should not publicly talk about where you were, then consider PMing one of the administrators here with the location and ask not to have your id credited with giving the info (you may choose instead to have your first name only get credit, if your parents approve and communicate this to the admins, but again, this is an iffy thing since you are still sharing part of your identity and location).
momma
momma
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by EvangelineBearyLucky Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:06 am

Thanks for the info everyone! Especially the above post but I wasn't asking the location of the, I was asking if there was a Test Store in the UK. Like a Yes or No question. I know it's probably in a big city. I am beary careful online.
EvangelineBearyLucky
EvangelineBearyLucky
Novice Bear
Novice Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BriannaBallet Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:45 am

well i'm not sure but since BABW and BABV are getting bigger if there isn't I but there might be one in 2010
BriannaBallet
BriannaBallet
Admin Challenge Champ
Admin Challenge Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by katiesweet10 Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:26 am

momma wrote:When we found the Camo Bear out early in a store, I can't remember why but we had to go into the back area for something (maybe a booboo or potty emergency while their public ones were busy, I forget) and I got to chat with one of the employees about the subject of test bears. She said that they never know when they'll get picked as a test market but pretty much any location is eligible to become one.

Based on my own background in studying marketing, retailing, statistics, and more, plus personal observation...

Big, flagship stores will get special items to sell, like the New York City store with their own unique condos, unique birth certificates, and selling items that are normally online only (like international passport outfits) or ballpark (like the NY sports team furry friends) or special lines (like the dinos)... But in order to have real feedback data on new furry friends, statistically speaking, you want to have them pop up all over in a variety of locations... small towns, cities, various regions of the country, poorer and richer communities, where there are many military or farming families and where there are none, etc... That gives a company a feel for whether their product will work all over or if it will work best in a more limited market, or even if it will fail. Then companies take that data along with other research and decide how many of the item to produce and where to sell it.

Having a particular store branded as a test market location can be fun for the people who get to shop there, but it doesn't really give the company the same useful information that semi-random locations can give them. Instead, keep your eyes open for these special pets and if you are an adult that is comfortable saying where you shopped, let us know... if you are a kid, always seek permission from your parents before sharing and if you all determine that you should not publicly talk about where you were, then consider PMing one of the administrators here with the location and ask not to have your id credited with giving the info (you may choose instead to have your first name only get credit, if your parents approve and communicate this to the admins, but again, this is an iffy thing since you are still sharing part of your identity and location).

Edited / HamptonBear
katiesweet10
katiesweet10
Smurf Achievement Winner

Back to top Go down

Post by karenbearhug Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:29 am

Any BABW can be a test store. They are just stores chosen at any given time to try out a new furry friend to see how it does in their particular market and community.
karenbearhug
karenbearhug
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaNoodles Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:25 am

Please note that we do NOT allow anyone on this forum to tell anything revealing about their location. So if you got a bear at a particular store, you may NOT share that here. This is for the protection of our members.
MamaNoodles
MamaNoodles
Director Bear
Director Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeCyBearGuide Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:51 am

I apologise if it took us a while to respond to this question, it is because we had to confirm a lot of stuff at the Bear Headquarters first before we give out info's specially one's like these. What karenbearhug said is correct, there is no specific "Test" store. And also, to answer the original poster's question, we have just confirmed that currently we are not testing any animals in the UK stores.
JoeCyBearGuide
JoeCyBearGuide
Build-A-Bearville CyBearGuide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down