Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holidays on Bearville

+4
Luv
MollyFlyer
Loveablegirl
muffinatormanic
8 posters

Go down

Holidays on Bearville Empty Holidays on Bearville

Post by muffinatormanic Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:27 am

Do you think they are the best times to be on?

i do Holidays on Bearville 465488 Santa and Halloween. Easter and St. patrick day :] They sell cool furniture and visitors come! it's exciting
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Holidays on Bearville Empty Re: Holidays on Bearville

Post by Loveablegirl Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:29 am

Yeah chirstmas is fun but one year on chirstmas when the did the video and i only got to watch a litte bit of it before it got canceled.Halloween was fun when the barn was open i miss the barn
Loveablegirl
Loveablegirl
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:00 am

The fiasco over the Christmas video was annoying. I can't believe some parents actually complained about that.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:16 am

Christmas video? I hadn't heard. What happened?
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:40 am

Oh, well, they had Santa mention global warming as part of the story -- the North Pole was melting, stuff like that -- and they made everything better by making a freezer that turned the water into ice, one block at a time (which, logistically, would cause more problems than it would solve).

Some parents who decided that global warming doesn't exist and don't want their children to be exposed to anything that indicates otherwise got upset about this.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:51 am

That's pretty ridiculous. On several different levels.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:19 am

Tell me about it. They were a bit heavy-handed with the message, but the ultimate point seemed to be telling kids to conserve energy, turn off lights they weren't using, that sort of thing. Even parents who don't believe in global warming would appreciate a slightly lower power bill.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by HarryLove13 Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:45 pm

It's cool but I would rather be with family and friends, thats why I wish they would extend the dates.
HarryLove13
HarryLove13
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Sure. I mean, nothing really happens on BABV in a regular basis. Holidays bring a little change and excitement.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:05 am

MollyFlyer wrote:Tell me about it. They were a bit heavy-handed with the message, but the ultimate point seemed to be telling kids to conserve energy, turn off lights they weren't using, that sort of thing. Even parents who don't believe in global warming would appreciate a slightly lower power bill.
They actually complained about that? It's better to conserve anyways Holidays on Bearville 465488
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:59 am

Molly - I agree.

It's pretty ridiculous. I mean, if that was the ultimate goal of the video, then why would a parent object to their kids attempting to reduce their energy bills?

Crazy, crazy.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:41 am

I think the issue was that they addressed global warming at all. Some people just want to pretend it doesn't exist and don't want their kids hearing about the concept. Which is ridiculous, because it's an outright fact of the world and while an individual might not contribute that much to the problem, it's good to get the message out.

And hey, it's not like they went with the actual reports of drowning polar bears.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:10 am

Wow, I find that ridiculous, I didn't hear about that, but they should have kept that, the new generation will have to deal with that and face reality in the future, and now, too. I like the holidays in Bearville. Holidays on Bearville 465488
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:13 am

Of course it was, Molly. There are some many crazed people who implode in a barrage of conspiracy theories and grievances at the mention of the term.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by heidi02 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:03 am

Wow @Molly I can't believe parents would actually complain about something like global warming even if they don't think global warming exists it's still good to conserve and be earth-friendly.

Holidays on BABV are so much fun! It just seems so happy and cheery! Holidays on Bearville 143839
heidi02
heidi02
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:28 am

Yeah, sliding offtopic. Holidays on Bearville Icon_razz

Holidays are the best. There are usually new items around, a lot of quests, and freebies.
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down