Space Cadets [Role Play]

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Space Cadets [Role Play] Empty Space Cadets [Role Play]

Post by JLBABV on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:01 am

Space Cadets

One day, you're just another person on this planet we call earth, the next, you're a Space Cadet! The most prestigious Space Agency on the big blue and green, and elsewhere in the galaxy! You recieve this personalised message from Major Norton:

To [Name]
This is an official recruitment message, notifying you that you have been selected by the Space Cadet Agency to represent humans through the Solar System, and beyond! This is not optional, you must accept. The people of Earth depend on you!
Major N. Norton

You will start your training at the Space Cadet Institution.

To register please fill in this character form:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Other Info (e.g. family background):[/b]

My Character:
Name: Suzi Astra
Appearance: Long, gently curling, brown hair. Big brown eyes and a charming smile. She is small in height but big in personality.
Personality: She's a bubbly teen who loves to look at the stars. She gets on well with everyone, making her the perfect companion for long space flights. She is afraid of crashing and is a perfectionist!
Other Info (e.g. family background): Suzi is the only child of a Professor of astronomy. Her mother used to be a Space Major but her spacewalk ended tragically in a faulty re-entry.

Last edited by JLBABV on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:05 am; edited 2 times in total
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Space Cadets [Role Play] Empty Re: Space Cadets [Role Play]

Post by MollyFlyer on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 am

Name:Elanor Morgenstern
Appearance: Black hair, cropped short, and grey eyes; muscular, but a swimmer's build -- she's not the bodybuilder type.
Personality: Strong, determined, and used to following orders. Sometimes, this can be to her disadvantage.
Other Info (e.g. family background): She was raised in a military family. Growing up, she was used to having to move to a new base at a moment's notice, and it was hard to maintain friendships when you knew the other person might not be there the next day. She always knew she'd aim for a career in an organization that would respect her ingrained discipline. Her parents trained her to know how to use a gun if needed, but she knew that the army wasn't for her. A stint in the air cadets as a teen gave her a taste of what she wanted -- she loved to fly. But mere planes weren't enough. She set her sights higher, and submitted her application to become a space cadet.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:01 am

Name:Anna Thorne
Appearance:Long crimson hair, silky and straight. Big blue eyes, milky and constantly dreaming. Tall, at a 5'8. Small pointed nose and always smiling an enchanting and mysterious smile.
Personality:She's mostly dreaming all day and night. Dreaming about the outside world, and was happy when she was chosen to be a Space Cadet. Believes in other species and mystical forces. An overachiever, who excelled in every subject but P.E, always stayed alone and in a distant land. Always happy and calm. But her dreamy nature often leaves her alone, and confused when she snaps out of her thought. Cannot be focused on one thing, since her mind is curious and fast. A neat freak, and gets nervous around a dirty atmosphere. Fragile and emotional as well.
Other Info (e.g. family background):Born and brought up by a scientist and interior designer, and being an only child, Anna grew up in care and cleanliness. She had skipped a few grades, and didn't have any friends. Hopefully, she would find someone to be friends with at the institute.
Her parents supported her, and always urged her to think about the unknown. Perhaps this is why she is always so dazed.
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:53 am

MollyFlyer wrote:Name:Elanor Morgenstern
Appearance: Black hair, cropped short, and grey eyes; muscular, but a swimmer's build -- she's not the bodybuilder type.
Personality: Strong, determined, and used to following orders. Sometimes, this can be to her disadvantage.
Other Info (e.g. family background): She was raised in a military family. Growing up, she was used to having to move to a new base at a moment's notice, and it was hard to maintain friendships when you knew the other person might not be there the next day. She always knew she'd aim for a career in an organization that would respect her ingrained discipline. Her parents trained her to know how to use a gun if needed, but she knew that the army wasn't for her. A stint in the air cadets as a teen gave her a taste of what she wanted -- she loved to fly. But mere planes weren't enough. She set her sights higher, and submitted her application to become a space cadet.

Daize wrote:Name:Anna Thorne
Appearance:Long crimson hair, silky and straight. Big blue eyes, milky and constantly dreaming. Tall, at a 5'8. Small pointed nose and always smiling an enchanting and mysterious smile.
Personality:She's mostly dreaming all day and night. Dreaming about the outside world, and was happy when she was chosen to be a Space Cadet. Believes in other species and mystical forces. An overachiever, who excelled in every subject but P.E, always stayed alone and in a distant land. Always happy and calm. But her dreamy nature often leaves her alone, and confused when she snaps out of her thought. Cannot be focused on one thing, since her mind is curious and fast. A neat freak, and gets nervous around a dirty atmosphere. Fragile and emotional as well.
Other Info (e.g. family background):Born and brought up by a scientist and interior designer, and being an only child, Anna grew up in care and cleanliness. She had skipped a few grades, and didn't have any friends. Hopefully, she would find someone to be friends with at the institute.
Her parents supported her, and always urged her to think about the unknown. Perhaps this is why she is always so dazed.

Accepted! Welcome to Space Cadet Institution! We'll start soon! Just wait til more people sign up
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by GwynethLove on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:56 am

I will try to sign up.
GwynethLove
GwynethLove
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:07 am

GwynethLove wrote:I will try to sign up.

Gwyneth, please refrain from comments like this. It's a roleplay. Please just comment to either take part or sign up. Theres no trying to sign up.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by emmie on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:56 am

Name: Carly Hart
Appearance: has blonde hair and blue eyes, and tall for her age
Personality: Carly is just a teen, who has a lot of decision's to make in her life but is scared to take a risk and doesn't want it to be a fail, she gets distracted easily but loves singing and has a big dreams for space ships and is smart about everything.
Other Info (e.g. family background):
Carly has 2 older siblings and is the youngest person in her family, she grew up in the world war {generation} so being a kid and moving from house to house wasn't easy for her, so she never played with dolls *houses toys etc* when she was little, only with her 2 big brothers named Toby and Mark who she dearly loved (:
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:05 am

Name:Lucia Black
Appearance:Long brown hair with a blue shirt that says Nasa that she wears all the time. Very short for a 16 year old.
Personality:Obsessed with space but is nervous to become a cadet. Very nice but doesn't think before she does things.
Other Info (e.g. family background): Only child of A dentist mom and
astrounaut dad. Never really saw her dad until age 14.

cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:16 pm

^^Accepted! We shall start later today!
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Are we starting now?
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:20 pm

OOC: Yes Daize we are Space Cadets [Role Play] 465488

BIC:
Father woke me this morning with a package which arrived in the post. It was a small, thin, rectangular package which looked a little like one of those I-pad things. The screen was shiny and dark. There was a small finger-print scanner which I pressed my thumb against. A laser beam shot out of the centre of the screen and read my iris pattern. "Identified target!" Came a computerised voice. I frowned. Then the face of a middle-aged man appeared, his bristly moustache a grey/brown colour. He spoke.

"To Ms Susan Astra
This is an official recruitment message, notifying you that you have been selected by the Space Cadet Agency to represent humans through the Solar System, and beyond! This is not optional, you must accept. The people of Earth depend on you!
Major N. Norton"

My eyes went wide. Major Norman Norton was the friend of my mother, before... the accident. He was the highest ranking Space Major in the entire Space Cadet office. He wanted me! To become a Space Cadet! Just like mother was! Talk about following in your mother's footsteps! Hers are on the moon! My father, the Professor, walked in with my favorite breakfast, Asteroids on toast. I love Space! The wonders of the expanse above our heads! But there is also the fear. The fear of what could go wrong. I told father of my message, and he smiled, his face wrinkling slightly. I rested my head on his shoulder. He stroked my hair and kissed my forehead. "That's my Suzi!" He said, softly.

I arrived at the Space Cadet Institution. This tall, futuristic building loomed over me. I carried my suitcase and went inside to find the dorm office. A friendly receptionist smiled, her white teeth in two perfect rows. "How can I help?" She asked. "My name is Susan Astra. I'm here for the recruitment." I said. "Little Suzi?" Came a gruff voice. "Major N. Norton!" I said, bowing. He bowed in return. "I'm glad you've recieved my notification! It's a pleasure to have you on our team! Your mother would be proud. He said, removing his white major hat to reveal thinning grey hair. He placed his hat over his heart. "You know your way around the Institution?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. "I think so! It's been a while since I've been here! But mother used to bring me quite often, I remember her showing me around this place! And now I'm here to become a student!" Major N. Norton laughed. "Indeed! Well there will be a brief meeting in Observatory 3 at 1100 hours. Settle into your dorm and be there sharp!" I nodded. "It was nice meeting you again sir!" I said politely. Time to find my dorm... it's in the Venus block, number 469. Each dorm is a small room for one student. They can decorate it how they like, not painting the walls of course, only sticking up posters etc. There are 6 blocks. Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune. They left out a few planets for different reasons. I found my dorm and unpacked, then I headed off to find Observatory 3.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:33 pm

OOC: Jessie, I copied the message you got, and the package, since we're going to the same place Space Cadets [Role Play] Icon_razz

BIC: I wake up with the sun, as I usually do, and say good morning to all my things. As I wish my carpet a good morning, I hear something outside. I run downstairs and open the white front door.
On the door step, I see a neatly wrapped rectangular package sitting on the door. Peculiar, since the mailman didn't arrive until late noon. I pick the parcel, light in weight, and set it on the dining table. Carefully, I unwrap it, and saw it was a gadget. It had a shiny screen, and a small fingerprint scanner. I press my thumb against it, lightly, so I don't break anything. A red laser shot up, and started to read my eyes. "Identified target!" says a computerized woman's voice. I smile. Then, a familiar face appears. A man, in his late thirties, starts to say:
"To Ms Anna Thorne
Major N. Norton"
I remember Major N. Norton, a world famous space cadet, and he recruited me, to become a...SPACE CADET?
I scream, in excitement, and my parents wake up. I tell them the good news, and I start to pack.

I pull my heavy suitcase and enter the tall, out of the world building, with a huge grin. This was me, and I was sure that I would fit in here.
I follow the signs to the dorm office, and approach the receptionist. "'Scuse me? My name is Anna, Anna Thorne. I'm here for the recruitment, I need to find my dorm." I say, and she looks through some records.
"Here," she says, as the phone rings. She starts to pick it up, and puts it between her shoulder and ear. "Hello, Space Cadets, how may I help you?" she glances at me "Venus block, room 470."
"Thanks." I say, taking the silver key she hands me. It's nice and cold, with the numbers 470 imprinted on it.
"Oh yeah, remember to go to Observatory 3, at 1100 hours. There's a meeting." I nod, thank her, and go off to find my dorm.

I find it, it's pretty big, for one person. I decide to unpack later, and I call my parents to tell them that I'm okay.
After a while of roaming around, I realize that it's 10:30.
Quickly, I head off to Observatory 3, so I have some extra time on my hands to find a good seat.
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by emmie on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:07 pm

BIC: I wake up in the morning, and never usually expect anything! but this morning i had received a package! from the Space Cadet Agency to represent humans through the Solar System, it said i didn't have a choice, to do it or not, but i always was interested in space! so i was thinking, i couldn't just let this opportunity pass by me, so i asked my mom as soon as i had gotten the letter, and she said, she'll think about it and that she'll discuss it with my dad. For her it was a big deal, to let me out into the world, because i was shy but i always loved space ships.
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:08 pm

Elanor pulled herself out of the pool, smiling at the pleasant ache in her muscles as she made her way to the showers. Her morning swim had gone a bit longer than usual; she needed to work out a bit of the tension that had built up in waiting for the response to her application.

She had dreamed of exploring the universe since she was a little girl, and the speaker who came to her Air Cadets class a few years prior had shown her the most likely path to her dream -- the Space Cadets.

She knew that it would take years of training and hard discipline, and there was a chance that even if she did her best, someone more qualified would take the spot. But there were few opportunities to make it off-planet without private funding, and she wouldn't know unless she tried.

The hot water flowed over her, and tension began to ease from her shoulders. The mail would arrive soon, and it was no use getting worried until she'd checked.

Fifteen minutes later, dried off and dressed in a camo green shirt and black trousers, she steeled herself and approached her father with a casual salute. "Morning. Any mail for me today?"

His normally stoic face held a small smile. "Indeed there is," he said, handing her a slim device that bore the emblem of the Space Cadets. After a quick fingerprint and retinal scan, it beeped in authorization.

She listened to the message with growing awe -- she had been chosen!

An expression of pure delight took over her face. "I'm in. I'm in! I need to pack -- I never thought I'd thank you for all the times you prepared me to toss my life into a box on a moment's notice. I love you, Daddy."

Her father gave her a quick hug. "Love you, too, Norrie. Your mom would be proud. Better get moving if you want to make the next transport to the SCI."

She raced to her room, grabbed the duffel that had seen her through the last three moves, and surveyed her few possessions. Furniture was standard issue, and she'd feel no loss at leaving it behind. Uniforms would no doubt be provided on her arrival. Only a few personal items would be needed . . . crisply-folded civvies were the first to enter her bag. Toiletry kit, undies, socks, towel. Her moleskins, notebook, and pencils. The aviator hat that had been her mother's last gift to her before she left. A hardcover of Jules Verne's From the Earth To the Moon. Her eBook reader, that stored the rest of her library. And finally, her lucky compass, an heirloom that had been passed down from her great-grandmother, the first pilot in the family.

She strapped on her watch, pulled on her leather trenchcoat, grabbed her hat, and was ready to go. A quick goodbye to her father, and she was soon waiting at the base's Transport station. She'd arrived just in time -- they only had departures headed for the SCI three times a day, and she would be leaving on the first.

The next few hours were a blur; she knew she got on at the right time, off at the right stop, followed directions, saluted her superiors, and nodded when required, but all she was conscious of were the words going through her head, over and over: I'mgoingtobeanastronautI'mgoingtobeanastronautI'mgoingtobeanastronaut.

It wasn't until she was in her dorm -- a small privilege of privacy that surprised her -- that she was able to calm down and think things through.

She could do this. No worries. She'd gone through flight training, physical training, and first aid courses before. She knew French and Spanish well enough to avoid getting shot. Her science marks were consistently high -- for her standard courses. She knew she was working on another level, here. It would be a challenge, but she would rise to it.

She glanced at her watch; one hour until the briefing. She tucked her few personal items into her nightstand, hung her civvies neatly in the closet, and tucked the compass in her pocket. It would be a comfort to keep it on hand, for now.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by GwynethLove on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Name: Mary Reese
Appearance: Has long, black smooth hair with a little bangs, brown dark eyes, medium size.
Personality: Mary isn't your average girl. She always is the preppy, fashionable, funny, smart, and cute girl, as a space cadet she doesn't mind taking down fashion for now as them she still is regular Mary.
Other Info (e.g. family background) Mr.Reese, a famous professor is Mary's father. With her mother as his assistant she never lets the family down.
GwynethLove
GwynethLove
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:20 am

I sat down in the auditorium, about half way towards the back. I was the first one there, I guess because all the newbies had not been here before! Eventually they filtred in. First came a girl with short black hair. I shuffled nervously in my seat.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:05 pm

Elanor gave a slight smile; good, she was one of the first ones to find the auditorium. She took note of the only one to arrive before her, a girl with curly brown hair; either the other girl was really good at finding her way around the Institute or was as much a stickler for arriving early as she was. Either way, a good sign.

She sat next to the other girl, giving her a nod and smile. If there was a chance they'd be stuck in a shuttle together for weeks on end, it was best that they start on a good foot. "Elanor Morgenstern. This your first day, too?"
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:03 am

"Elanor Morgenstern. This your first day, too?" said the girl with black hair. I smiled. "Susan Astra! But everyone calls me Suzi! And you could say that... My mother was a Space Major so I've been here before. But this is my first day as an actual Cadet!" I said, explaining my situation, i realised i'd said my mother was... i expected questions to follow
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:47 am

Elanor blinked at the name. "Astra? Then that means your mom was . . . oh. I read about her. She was a great woman."

She'd read enough on the program to recognize the name, and know what had happened. No explanation was needed. But with a name like that, a legacy student might get an edge over the competition. Probably best not to dwell on the ways that a mission could go wrong, here.

"So you probably know your way around here pretty well already, I'll bet."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:27 am

"Fairly well i guess!" I said, biting my lip while straightening the wire coils on my notebook, a habit i developed from the miscalculations and imperfections that day. I guess you could say I'm an obcessive perfectionist. "Mum used to bring me here a lot" i said, giving a weak smile. "But I'm glad Major Norton decided to take me on as a cadet in training! I feel I'm honouring my mum this way." I looked up. "Here i am pouring my heart out! I'm sure you're story is a good one! What's your life like?" I said smiling.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:16 pm

Elanor gave a small smile and shrugged. "Not much to tell. I'm a military brat, followed my dad to whatever base he was assigned to. I was in the Air Cadets for six years, and just finished a two-year course in mechanical engineering. No one famous in my family. My father is good at his job, but never had involvement with the space program. My mother . . . she does her own thing."

She paused, considering. "I hope you don't mind my asking, but is there a lot of pressure for you -- following in her footsteps, and all?"
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:55 am

I listened to her story, she'd been from a military background. She asked me if it was a lot of pressure, following in my mum's footsteps. I shrugged. "I've never really thought about it... the only thing that bothers me is if i get something wrong..." I said. Then I laughed. "Which is ironic because I'm always getting stuff wrong!" I looked around as the auditorium had filled up. Major Norton entered and greeted us all. "Welcome Cadets to your first mission brief! I am Major Norton!" He went on to explain about the acadamy. He showed some photos on a slide show. Eventually the inevitable happened. The section on my mum began to play. I glanced over at Elanor. She was watching the screen like everyone else. I felt tears develop in my eyes, seeing the photos of my mum on a big screen had a big effect on me. Then my sadness turned into embarassment, as a huge photo of my mother flashed on the screen, with a 3 year old Suzi Astra in her arms, in nothing but a diaper! I shrunk down in my seat, hiding my face. "Floor, swallow me!" I muttered as the auditorium murmered with giggles.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:39 pm

Elanor snapped to attention when Major Norton entered. She pulled out her notebook and began to take notes while he lectured; she knew most of it already from her research, but there were a few points she wanted to be sure to review.

When the pictures of Major Astra appeared, she cast a glance at Susan. This section couldn't be easy on her. But the Major was a part of the program, and it would be covered in the classes on the history of space . . . she frowned when it switched to the half-naked baby picture. Major Norton couldn't be very professional if he included that one; it was hardly relevant to the material.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyverybeary3 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Name:sandra-alexander booker(most people call her sandy, few close friends call her lexi)
Appearance:golden high-lighted dark brown hair, beautiful blue-green eyes.
Personality:kind caring, down to earth, trust very few, has very little confidence in herself yet excels at everything
Other Info (e.g. family background): her parents are gardeners so she it literally as far away from space as possible. she is the youngest of the booker children, her only sibling is her older brother who lives half way across the world in germany where he is going to school. as the only girl, her parents could not deiced what to name her. sandra, after her mom's mom, or Alexandra after her dad's mom, so it was decided that it would be sandra-alexander, after both sides. but sandy hates the name.
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:38 am

OOC: sandy is accepted Space Cadets [Role Play] 143839

BIC: The picture changed and I relaxed. That picture of my mum and I is so embarassing! The slide-show ended and Major Norton began to explain who Major Astra was. "Major Astra was a leading Major at the Space Cadet Institution. Shre was dedicated to the missions, but as you could see from the photographs, she was a kind, caring lady, who loved children, so she was especially keen to assist in the space cadet training facility." I looked over at Elanor who was scribbling notes in a notebook. I glanced down at my own, doodled page. I had drawn shooting stars, planets, and even a friendly alien in a space suit. As I traced my finger over the drawings, Major Norton's voice became quieter and quieter... and then, I fell asleep.

OOC: This falling asleep business is based on something that happened to me over the weekend >.< I fell asleep during a seminar and my friends told me about what happened... embarassed much? Anyway I need someone to wake me up at some point so...
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum