The Quest of Arcadia

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Quest of Arcadia - Page 3 Empty Re: The Quest of Arcadia

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:33 pm

"You are. My father does understand, but he has to live up to his name. If my father had a daughter who learned archery and went out and didn't learn homely duties, he would be extremely disappointed, and maybe even ashamed. He's very strict. But also loving. He's always been kind to me, and given me anything I've ever wanted," I said. I was proud of my father. I couldn't imagine life without him. "My betrothed is very kind. He's very good looking too. He's a year older than me," I said, blushing. I remember when I had met him. My mother had taken me to the market, and his mother and him had come along with us. We talked for a while. We had a lot of things in common. He was trained in archery, and promised to teach me.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Recap of my character (Aura)
Spoiler:
Name: Aura Regan
Age Group (Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder etc): Teenager, 17 years old
Class: Noble Family
Appearance: Shiny, long blonde hair, that is usually in a ponytail. Purple eyes. 5'7".
Personality: Clever, awful at making decisions. Notices everything that's going on around them. Quiet, and avoids confrontation. Passive.
Skill (Wizardry, Potion Making, Fishing, Sword Fighting etc): Potion making.
What sets you off from the crowd? How are you a unique individual? An excellent potion maker, and can calm down fights.
Why do you want to step up to the challenge? To prove themselves.
Other: Eyes are purple from a gene that is passed down from their family of potion makers. Their family is considered to be the best potion makers in all of the kingdoms. Because of this, she has an eye for unique herbs.

When I woke up the next morning, I was flooded with anxiety. What exactly did I sign up for? How long would I be away? Would the people be nice-- would they like me?
I've never interacted with many people my age before. Only costumers of my family, and not even all of them. Most people I knew were much older than me.

I changed into a presentable outfit and grabbed a small bag that I had packed with clothes, water, food and other necessities the day before.
I left my hair down again today, trying my best to fit in as a noble girl. I had usually worn my hair up with an elastic as it always fell into my face.
That's not very good when you're trying to make potions.

“Father, mother...” I said slowly. “I think it's time for me to go now.”
“Are you sure you want to do this?” Father asked. Since my name was called the day before, he had seemed very disappointed in me.
“Yes.”
He turned away. “Be off, then. I'll see you when you come home.”
I nodded at him and walked off.

My family was the type that followed the rules. They believed that their only daughter should stay at home and help, then marry someone wealthy. But I didn't want that.
I wanted to do something before I had to settle. I was seventeen. Already seventeen. I knew of some girls who were already, well, women at my age or younger. But I wasn't ready yet. And if it had to happen to me soon, I'd want to accomplish something and be proud of myself before that.

“Hurry up, now. You don't want to be late.” Mother called, most likely assuming that I would be back in two or three days. Maybe even by nightfall.
“Good bye.” I called, and walked into the town.

Being sunrise, there were only a few people around setting up shop. I quickly made my way to the area we were all supposed to meet at. Was I late? I couldn't be late...

When I arrived, I only saw two women. I couldn't remember their names, I only remembered seeing them on the stage the day before.
I slowly made my way to them. “Hello, my name is Aura Regan.”
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:35 pm

[OOC: Hate to nitpick, but the elastic wasn't invented until the 1800s. Maybe she just ties it back with a ribbon, say?]

Millicent smiled at Paige. "Quite understandable. Those of us from . . . lesser ranks haven't as strict standards. But some things must be upheld -- my parents would never have allowed me on this quest had a man been present, unless a trusted chaperone also came along."

When the new girl arrived, Millicent turned and nodded in greeting. "I am Millicent Perrault. I take it you'll be joining us on our quest?"
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:35 pm

I smiled at the new girl. After Millicent had introduced herself, I looked to the girl and said, "Hello, I'm Paige Griffin. Nice to meet you," She seemed to be a noble, dressed properly with her hair down. I found her purple eyes fascinating.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:32 am

I rode into the town square, my hood over my head. Courage, my horse, snorted as he spotted some girls quite close. They were talking. I dismounted and attempted to walk in the shadows away from them, but Courage whinnied and began to walk over to them. I pulled him back but he resisted. "Courage! Behave!" I hissed.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:17 am

Millicent couldn't help but notice the girl approaching on horseback, and approached when she dismounted.

"Greetings. Are you here for the quest as well?"
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:58 am

I froze as one addressed me. Unsure of how to respond i nodded, hiding my face. My cloak hid the trousers which i wore. All the other girls wore gowns
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:53 am

I looked up as I heard a horse coming. A girl dismounted and walked alongside the horse, apparently trying to cover her face. I smiled at her, to let her know that I wasn't an enemy.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:26 am

The other girl seemed to be shy, so Millicent smiled reassuringly. "No need to worry. We've all simply been waiting here for the annoucement to come for the quest to begin. I am Millicent Perrault, and these are Paige Griffin and Aura Regan." she said, indicating the other girls.

Millicent stared admiringly at Courage. "You're well prepared to have brought your horse. We'll likely have some distance to travel, and a horse will be a great asset on our quest."

She quietly regretted never having learned to ride.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:53 am

The girls began talking to me. My knees were knocking under the long cloak. My mouth became dry and I had a lump in my throat. One girl made a comment about my horse. I nodded. Was it against the law for me to speak to these people? After all, I did have my face covered. I was terrified. But I remembered my father telling me to be brave. I took a deep breath and spoke. "Greetings!" I said, my voice sounding eerie in the cool night air. "Indeed he will be an asset." I said in agreement. "Courage, here, is a dear companion of mine. He has been my horse for many years." I said. There was no going back now. "Oh... and I am Am-" I broke off... If I used the name Amalric, these girls may discover who I really am. "Melisende. I am Melisende." I corrected myself, praying silently that they didn't suspect me.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:35 pm

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Melisende." Millicent reached out to touch the horse, but then pulled her hand back; she'd heard some animals didn't react well to strangers. "I think about half of us are here, now. It likely won't be much longer before we find out what, precisely, the quest is for."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:34 am

I placed a hand on courage's neck to calm him down. I pulled my hood further over my face. "It is almost dawn" i said in agreement. "I believe his majesty will be here then"
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:19 pm

The movement of the hood drew Millicent's attention, and she held up her lantern in an attempt to get a better look. "No need to hide. We'll likely be working together for some time. It's best to make friends now."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:19 am

She commented on my hood, which I instinctively pulled forwards. "I... I..." I stuttered. How was I to respond to such a comment? I am terribly sorry but it is illegal for you to see my face within the city limits? How would I explain that? However these girls seem nice enough. Perhaps they won't realise who I actually am... and what I actually am. I looked around. "I am afraid you may find my appearance somewhat disturbing." I said, hoping that would put her off. All the girls had reasonably long hair. As far as I could see I was the only one with it cropped like a boy.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:07 am

Millicent frowned. "But weren't you on stage with us the other day? I don't recall anyone looking particularly disturbing."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:23 pm

I sighed. I guess someone would see my cropped hair eventually. I reached up and pushed back my hood. I'm sure I heard a gasp from somewhere. "I was wearing a wig the other day." I said quietly.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:23 am

Millicent blinks in surprise, but isn't overly shocked. She'd seen other girls forced to crop their hair short, for one reason or another.

"Oh. Was it required to rid you of lice, or did you sell it to a wig maker?"
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:20 am

I shook my head. "It was neither lice nor to earn money. I cut my own hair, I cannot tell you why." I said. I felt uncomfortable. I was not used to being with girls. I had grown up with the outcasts, all males. I prayed that the quest would begin soon. I was itching for adventure.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:05 am

OOC: can someone sum this up to me? lol i read the previous but I don't know where to start. The Quest of Arcadia - Page 3 Icon_razz
cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:26 am

"Oh." Millicent steps back, unsure quite what she should say.

It's a good thing that she hasn't noted the trousers; she would have a few choice words on that subject.

[OOC: Cyrus, the RP backlog makes for good reading, but regarding your character -- Claire would have been among the others on the stage when the king announced the quest yesterday, so you'll want to describe her packing and preparing for the quest, maybe sneaking off into the night, and heading for the stage where the others have gathered.

BTW, from what you describe, I think you mean Claire to be a slave rather than a servant -- servants have the option of quitting, though the alternative might be that they'd starve to death without an employer.]
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:03 am

I gasped as the new girl, Melisende, took down her hood. Her hair was cut short. I had never seen anyone woman with short hair. I had heard from some of my friends about how some girls cut theirs, but I had never believed them. I couldn't imagine my hair being cropped that short. She was secretive about her reasoning. I couldn't help but wonder why anyone would do such a thing.

The conversation died down, and an awkward silence came over the area. "So, why have you came decided to come on this quest?" I asked.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 pm

OOC: oh ok thanks The Quest of Arcadia - Page 3 610897
BIC:
As my name was called I was filled with joy. I was going to get away from being a servant. I was going to quit but I couldn't risk dying from hunger and thirst. But now, I am going to be on the quest! I packed my bags as I smiled. I put on the best robe I had and set off. I snuck off into the night hoping to have a head start to the stage.........
cyrus2hip594
cyrus2hip594
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:21 pm

One girl asked why I was on the quest. I bit my lip. The real reason was that I wanted to prove that the outcasts are people too. I thought of a reason quickly. "I... I love adventure!" I said, trying not to let the fact I wasn't telling the truth.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:42 am

Millicent smiled at the response. "Oh! Have you been on one before?"
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 am

I smiled to myself. I guess my life would be an adventure to them! Living where you can find shelter, sleeping in ttrees, and having to defend against predators like wolves (OOC: Would there be wolves?) "You could say I've experiienced life on the edge!" I said, a mischevious twiinkle in my eye. Courage nosed me in the back. I reached round and patted his neck. "Its ok boy!" I reassured. He blew down my back making the hairs on my neck stand on end.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum