The Bear Moon Detective Agency

Go down

The Bear Moon Detective Agency Empty The Bear Moon Detective Agency

Post by MollyFlyer on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Welcome to the city. Bearville. A quiet place, good for kids and their furry friends, but no place is ever perfect.

That's where we come in. The Bear Moon Detective Agency. The Cybearguides will handle the day-to-day issues, but when furniture is swiped, when suspicious characters are in your yard after you changed the setting to 'private', when honest traders are scammed -- we're here to help.

You have the option of playing a sleuth, snitch, or suspect . . . though if it was you, you don't need to reveal yourself to everyone right away. Once the game progresses enough to take on extra cases, you can even come forward as a victim with a case of your own.

How to Play
1. Read over the Official Rules.
2. Post a basic character profile, following the template specified in the rules. Under 'Other', please specify if your character will be a sleuth, perp, or witness.
3. Make an intro post, where your character enters the scene.
4. Interact with other players, dig up clues, share ideas, and find out whodunnit!
5. Proofread before you post -- better not to run the risk of being misunderstood.
6. To keep the game moving along, occasionally I'll make a 'Clue' post -- describe some item or other piece of evidence that can be discovered, or perhaps introduce a witness to be interviewed. Some will be more helpful than others
7. Have fun!

Name: Detective Molly Flyer
Appearance: Her dark red curly hair frames a bespectacled face, calm and confident.
Personality: She's strong, confident, and handy with a walkie-talkie.
Other: A private investigator and founder of the Bear Moon Detective Agency, Det. Flyer maintains a high-rise office in the Market Place, just down the street from the coffee shop -- a favorite hangout, both for the informants and their excellent mochas. She is never far from her furry friend, Tala, a wolf. Tala's always happy to help, whether in sniffing out a trail or chasing down a suspect; she enjoys the thrill of the hunt that comes with the job.

And so it begins. . .
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My name is Flyer. Molly Flyer. What people call me is something else again. I'm a private eye. It says so on my door. You can find said door up on the second floor of the Clark building, right across the block from the Lumbear Yard. Small, but it serves its purpose. There used to be a decent view from the window, but it looks like I'll need to get used to the lovely sight of the new mall.

It was a lazy day; the kind best spent fishing down at Paw Park. Tala, my ever-faithful furry friend, agreed with the sentiment and had curled up on the threadbare couch in the far corner of the office for a nap. But with the Beach Front Houses offering the perfect weekend getaway for those who could pay, I wasn't about to miss the chance for a case. And the gal walked through the door was particularly persuasive.

Pawlette had won the election a few years back by a landslide. There'd been talk of her only getting the position because she'd bribed the voters. Me, I knew they'd all offered bribes, but the voters just liked hers the best. And I wasn't about to complain about another dame getting a position of power -- precedent like that is nothing to sneeze at. Not to mention, the free pants had become a staple of my wardrobe.

She was dressed impeccably, as always. Her latest ensemble was unfamiliar; I expected it wouldn't hit the racks of her boutique for another few weeks. The power suit was simple burgundy, of a good cut. The light shirt underneath bore a subtle repeating pattern of peace signs and hearts. My wallet advised me to take note of her pursebook. A simple design at first glance, its sleek lines indicated anyone who picked up on the style would find themselves with fewer Bear Bills to keep in it than they had when they entered the store.

But what troubled me was the look in her eyes -- she was worried. And when the lagomorph running the city looks worried, it's time to figure out where you filed those change of address forms.

Well, if you're not a detective. As it was, I simply asked her. "What seems to be the problem, Ma'am?"

She smiled wryly, with a twitch to her nose. "Green Tracks is missing."

I frowned. "Missing? Can we be certain that he hasn't just done exceptionally well on a game of hide-and-seek?"

Pawlette shook her head. "Miguel hasn't heard from him in a week. And he didn't turn up to collect this month's supply of prizes he's supposed to give away. If this is a joke, then no one's laughing."

"Where was he last seen? Who spoke to him? Did they notice anything suspicious? I need something to work with, here."

"Miguel Sunshine was the last, and he'd be able to give you better answers than I could. I came here myself because this is a priority matter. We don't know for sure if Green Tracks is simply lost or injured in the woods . . . or if someone took him. If it was the latter, there's a chance that he's only the first to go missing. The Cybearguides are on alert, but you're better equipped for tracking." Her kind eyes narrowed in focus. "You need to find him, and quickly."

I gave a low whistle. "No simple task. Are you sure it's as bad as all that?"

"If my worst fears are true, any one of us could be next."

I nodded. "I'm on the case."

"Thank you," she said, and sauntered out the door.

It was then that I realized we hadn't discussed my payment. Not my best business move, but she was certainly good for it. Worst case scenario, it wouldn't hurt to know she owed me one. I donned my fedora, pulled on my trench coat, and shook Tala awake. "Mrm . . . squirrels. . . five more minutes." she mumbled.

"Get up," I said, "We've got a case. Come on, we can grab a snack to get your energy up."

With a stretch and a cheer, she was out the door in a snap. I turned off the lights and locked the door behind me before following her. My favorite coffee shop was calling me; something told me I'd find both a mocha and some answers down there.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

The Bear Moon Detective Agency Empty Re: The Bear Moon Detective Agency

Post by Daize on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Name: Daisy Bear

Appearance: Strawberry blonde hair with green eyes. Face serious, eyes hidden.

Personality: Detective Flyer's most trusted sleuth, she is alert and curious. Clever and quick, gets excited when doing a case.

Other:Sleuth. Has been working at The Bear Moon Detective Agency for five months, and loves it. She is usually always there when needed, no matter what she's been doing. Maintains files and buys decorative pieces to liven up the office.
---
As I comb my hair and braid it, I get a call. It's Molly. "I'll be there in two." I say, and hang up. When she calls in the morning, I know it means that I have to meet up with her a the coffee shop. Something was wrong, and we had another case. One last look in the mirror and I head out the door, and to the coffee shop.
I see Molly and Tala sitting at the booth in the end, and I quickly join them.
"Morning Molly. Tala." I smile, "What's up?"
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Name: Alecia Autumn [ the 10th ]
Appearance: Dark and ashy black hair a little lower than her shoulders. Brown eyes. Fast on her feet, always seen with furry shoes.
Personality: A trickster. She loves getting others into trouble. Likes to mislead. But is very observant. Knows a lot.
Other: A witness to Green Tracks kidnapping. Stays alone. Has mislead many people before, and doesn't trust anyone. It takes a lot to get information out of her. Been jittery ever since she witnessed the kidnapping. Know Detective Molly Flyer very well, but she doesn't know her. She follows her cases. Has been a suspect in many crimes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat at the Coffee Shop, eating my bagel. My Bunny Glasses made it hard to recognize me. I had been a witness, and they had seen me. It had happened by chance that I was even present there. I knew Molly would be hot on my trail as soon as she knew, and they were too. I had to stay disguised. I was going to silently follow this case. And they would never know.

Last edited by AleciaAutumn10 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrote her instead on hair >.>)
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:30 am

Detective Flyer took a sip of her mocha (with a shot of espresso, due to the case) and nodded at Daisy. "Agent Bear. You made good time; you're going to go far at the Agency. But enough chit-chat, we have a case. Green Tracks has gone missing, and it's our job to find him. We don't have enough to know if it's suspicious yet, so we might just need to pack our hiking boots and hope Tala can sniff out the trail."

She leaned back in the booth and cast a glance around the Coffee Shop out of habit -- this was her regular booth for a reason; it afforded the best view of the rest of the shop. One figure in bunny glasses caught her eye, but with the case taking up most of her focus, she didn't bother trying to figure out who it was.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:36 am

I slightly nod my head, soaking it all in. Green Tracks, the cute and cuddly bear, missing. "So, where are we headed?" I ask, my mind racing with thoughts.
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:39 am

Molly caught a glimpse of me, causing me to hide my face in the Bearville Times. She seemed lost, hopefully not recognizing me. I needed a new disguise, and fast. I ran off to Pawlette's.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:51 am

"Miguel Sunshine is Green Tracks' closest friend, and the last one to see him. He's probably in his office at the Recycling Center, just around the corner. No need to even grab a ride to get there."

Tala glanced up as someone ran out the exit, but returned her attention to the case. "While we're there, we need something with Green Tracks' scent on it. I can't track him down without something to work from."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:56 am

I got to Pawlette's without getting noticed. Buying a new outfit and putting on my rainbow wig, I walked out. I hid in the phone booth till Detective Molly and Daisy walked out. Should I tell them the kidnappers? Should they know that Bearville was being deceived? No. They would find out in time.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:00 am

Name: Holly Honey otherwise known as the Muffin(for being the great muffin baker in the bearville world)
Appearance: Long blonde hair, blue eyes, 5'4, and skin is peach tanish.
Personality: Kind hearted, can get impatient sometimes, when excited she is can't wait for anything, and assumes a lot.
Other: Works at the coffee shop and has heard rumors about the kidnapping of Green Tracks.
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:01 am

We hurry to the recycling center, not discussing the case. We didn't want any wrong attention or followers.
Soon enough, we enter the center, seeing the workers, and politely asking to go meet Miguel. After some hesitation, they let us through. Behind a small door, lied a suspect, no matter how close he was to Green Tracks.
I know gently on the door, with no reply. Molly tried this time, with some force, and a muffled and dry voice called out, "Come in..."
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:27 am

I stood in the photo booth, and watched Molly and Daisy run out. Where were they headed? I pulled on a hibiscus hat to hold my wig in place and wore some sunglasses. I followed them, just a little behind. I grabbed a recycling bucket from the Recycling Center, giving the impression I was on a walk. I stood by the window of Miguel's room, and watched them enter. The expression on their face showed something wasn't right. I looked towards Miguel and gasped.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:17 am

Detective Flyer opened the door, striding in. "Mr. Sunshine, I'm Detective Molly Flyer, my associate, Agent Daisy Bear, and our top tracker, Tala." She left out the fact that Tala was their only tracker; it was good to encourage her wolf's ego.

Once Daisy was in, Molly shut the door behind them. "She-who-shall-be-obeyed has assigned us to locate Green Tracks and bring him safely home. I trust we'll have your full cooperation?"

Miguel nodded. "Anything to bring him back safely. Green Tracks is my closest friend."

"Tell us about the last time you saw Green Tracks," Molly said.

Miguel closed his eyes, as if the matter was too painful to think about. "It was one week ago. We were on a walk in Friendship Forest, enjoying the wilderness and making sure that no one had dropped litter on the paths. Green Tracks loves the forest. Anyway, Green Tracks suggested we play Hide and Seek, and that sounded like a good idea to me, but then when time ran out and I still couldn't find him, and he didn't answer when I called . . . well, I wasn't worried then. I thought he was playing a joke. I left out Green Tracks' snacks and a note to meet me back at the recycling center -- it was getting late, and I knew I had to go back on shift soon. But Green Tracks didn't come back that night. And when I went back with Chloe the next day, we couldn't find him. Just the note and snacks, untouched. Well, there was a squirrel trying to get into them, but that was it. We couldn't find any sign of him."

He looked out the window, concern evident in his eyes. "But this is Bearville. It's safe here. I thought -- I thought if I just waited, he'd come home safe. But it's been a week, and I didn't know what to do."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize on Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:37 am

I look at Molly, than at Miguel. It was strange though. Why didn't he come back later on and search. No fliers, no search party, nothing.
"Mr. Sunshine, did Green Tracks and you have any sort of fight? When playing hide and seek, did you see which way he was headed?"
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:03 am

Miguel sighed. "No, not really. Well . . . we'd had a disagreement over an idea Pawlette had. She'd designed a nice new outfit for him, but he said that telling him to cover up was like insulting his beautiful natural coat. But I didn't think he'd run away or anything because of it. And I couldn't tell which direction he went in -- we were playing hide and seek! My eyes were covered."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:15 pm

"Well, do you have anything that Tala, our tracker, can use to pick up Green Track's scent?" I ask.
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:42 pm

Miguel nodded, and passed the wolf a folded blanket. "Here. He slept with this every night, it was his security blanket. I don't know how he's doing without it . . ."

Molly reached over and gave his shoulder a comforting squeeze. "Don't worry. We'll find him, Miguel."

Tala focused on committing the scent to memory. "Got it. If I can find a trail, I'll find Green Tracks. We're on the case."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:06 am

Miguel gave a blanket to Molly's wolf, Tala, and she sniffed it. The trail should end at the train station, where I had seen Green Tracks get kidnapped. I headed there, and sat on the bench. I read the Bearville Times and sat patiently, it looked like I was waiting for the train. Now all I had to do was wait.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum