Pioneers of the West [Roleplay]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pioneers of the West [Roleplay] - Page 2 Empty Re: Pioneers of the West [Roleplay]

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:01 am

I said hello to Thomas and showed them the house.
" Thanks a lot! " I said, when they complimented it. I called my Mom over, and she was surprised to find this neighborhood so friendly.
" Well hello there! I'm Jenny's mom, it's great to se you here! Where are you guys coming from? " she inquired.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Pioneers of the West [Roleplay] - Page 2 Empty Re: Pioneers of the West [Roleplay]

Post by JLBABV on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:12 am

"About a mile south!" Thomas said, removing his hat. "Miss Amber's father was a friend of Mister Lincoln's" He said. I nodded. "Father hasn't been the same since Mister Lincoln was... well." I smiled at Jenny's mom. "We brought some goat's cheese! Momma made it!" I handed the wrapped dairy product to Mrs Lasso and smiled. "We must be going now!" I said, Thomas replaced his hat and I said goodbye. Then we started home.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:26 am

My mom gratefully accepted the cheese and showed the door to them. We waved them goodbye. " Friendly neighborhood, here in California. Maybe its a good thing we came down here with your father, " my mom said, putting the goat cheese in the fridge, " Go and call your father, its time for supper. He might be in the bath, " she instructed. I called him and we all had supper.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:47 am

Alexia's mother greeted her as she arrived home. "There you are! I'd been wondering what was taking so long."

"The Lassos were very kind, and appreciated the welcoming gift. I'm sure we'll have them for regular customers soon enough," Alexia said, hanging up her jacket.

She went to the kitchen and began arranging place settings with ease of long practice. "I hope dinner is ready soon; I need to be at the restaurant by six-thirty for my shift."

Her mother frowned. "I do wish you didn't work there. Far better to just work at the store, where your father can keep an eye on you."

Alexia smiled. "I've worked at Father's stores since I was old enough to see over the counter. I keep telling you, I want a job that's just for me. Besides, it pays well, and I'll be able to pay my own way to university."

"I do wish you'd settle down and find a good husband. It served me well enough. With a house of your own to look after --"

"I don't want to get married. Not now, at least. The men around here seem to view me as little more than one of the few available women in the area. I want to wait for someone who sees me as me."

Her mother shook her head, realizing she would make no further progress on the old argument tonight. "For now, come to the kitchen and help me bring out the stew. Your father will be home any minute with your brothers -- Bertram is in charge of the store over dinner, tonight. We'll need to set aside his portion for later."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum