Pioneers of the West [Roleplay]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pioneers of the West [Roleplay] Empty Pioneers of the West [Roleplay]

Post by CarlyAllHeart261 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:28 am

Pioneers of the West

Welcome to this new Role play! Pioneers of the West [Roleplay] 143839 *applause* Pioneers of the West [Roleplay] Icon_razz

about: During the 1800s, many Americans started to Settle in new areas across the country. Many headed West, to start a new life farming, and some went to the California coast to the Gold rush of 1849. In this role play, you and your family decide to go to a new land. The choice is yours on where you go, and who goes with you. Pioneers of the West [Roleplay] 465488

Layout for creating a role play Character
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:
Year:[ex.1868,1880]

Please remember, all rules of the forum and of the Role Play section DO apply

This will be my own role play character information. Feel free to join and start at anytime! Remember, have fun! Pioneers of the West [Roleplay] 610897

Name: Mary Brewster
Appearance: Mary is a young, pretty girl, according to her class mates. She has a light brown hair about a little over shoulder length which she normally ties in braids with green ribbons. She has a normal height for her age, of 5'5 and normal body type. Her eyes are hazel. She wears a green dress with a white accent on the hem,collar, and buttons.
Personality: She has a very nice sweet personality. She has a bit of a motherly personality, since when her mother gets ill [which is often] she takes care of the children, cooking, and cleaning along with her daily chores around the farm. She is very close to her father and her mother.
Other: Second child of family, one older brother [16; Danial] and a younger sister [4; Grace]. Her family lives on a farm with the rest of her family in Wisconsin. At this time, she and her family are beginning to move to the Indian Territory [Present day Kansas]
Year: 1878
CarlyAllHeart261
CarlyAllHeart261
Forum Assist/Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Pioneers of the West [Roleplay] Empty Re: Pioneers of the West [Roleplay]

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 am

Name: Jenny Lasso
Appearance: Brown haired and brown eyed. She has a fair complexion with freckles. She loves button downs and overalls, and has her hair always tied in a side braid. She is 5'7" . She is forced to wear dresses, though she loathes them.
Personality: Tomboyish and fun-loving. She loves to go on adventures. Is stubborn and rude at times, but very outgoing. She is sarcastic and vague, and seems confused at time. She trusts easily, and is deceived quickly.
Other: Has a younger brother who is 11 named Nathanial. Lives with her mother and father, who works at the gold mine. Has many friends, but the one closest to her is Nathanial.
Year:[ex.1868,1880] 1948
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:55 am

Name: Amy Wistwash
Appearance: She has orange hair and is 5'4. She has freckles on her face and has green sparkly eyes. She dislikes braids and wears jean pants. She never wears overalls, because she says it makes her look not herself.
Personality: She's outgoing and brave! And never ever scared of anything! Except for snakes. She dislike snakes. She loves adventures but she is also girlish. She gets too attached easily to people and is careful to see who her real friends are and who aren't.
Other: Her dad died and her mom takes care of her and her little sister, Natasha.
Year:1885
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Name: Bella Fauxe
Appearance: She has deep blue eyes and long, dark braids, with a ribbon at the end of each. She has rosy cheeks, and she wears sundresses.
Personality: Thoughtful and compassionate. She's always looking to aid others.
Other: She came to California from Virginia when she had married at 21. Her husband worked in the gold mines, seeking fortune and a happy fortune. However, in a tragic mining accident, he was lost - Bella, with no direction, stayed by the mines in their tent. She now cooks for the hordes of miners, and occasionally tends to those injured on the job.
Year:1852
Luv
Luv
The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:07 am

Name:Angelina Zee
Appearance:Angelina has straight blonde hair,Her mom put highlights in hair cause she has wanted some since she was eight,her friends think it's odd since she has pink highlights,she has brown eyes,her skin colour is tan,she is 4'6 and weighs 77 pounds.
Personality:Smart,likes to be alone,funny,not well known in her school.
Other:She works for her mom and dad she has been raising animals all by herself.
Year:[ex.1868,1880] 1883
Anita
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:30 am

Name: Amber Belle Cambridge (or ABC or Amber or Belle or Cambridge)
Appearance: Curly brown hair which comes to her shoulder. She has hazel eyes set in an oval face. Her skin is olive. She wears her hair in a bun when her father is home but when he leaves for work, she lets it down loose. She is very slim, 5ft 2in and weighs only 100 pounds.
Personality: Amber loves adventure! But with her father under pressure at his work in politics, especially since the death of Abraham Lincoln, she has had to act like a lady, which means no adventures with her best friend. She is intelligent but has not had the opportunity to show her true worth as her parents have suppressed her by making her learn needlework and cooking.
Other: Her best friend is a farmhand called Thomas. He is a lower class citizen but that doesn't matter to Amber, she feels he is equal to her. Thomas is 18 and he is wise for his age, having had to live for himself being an orphan. Her father works in politics and President Lincoln was a dear friend of his. Her mother is a housewife. They live on the family farm but her father leaves for business for long periods at a time, so Thomas looks after the farm.
Year:[ex.1868,1880] 1866
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:06 am

I started it off, hope you don't mine Carly D:

Nathanial and I wobbled along in our carriage, as it moved side to side. My parents were leading the horses and we were inside guarding the luggage. Bandits seemed to come from nowhere nowadays. We were moving again, to the newest gold mine that had been discovered. My dad was a miner, and we had to move almost every other month. That's why my brother was my only best friend. The road seemed endless, never seeming to stop. I sat and looked out at the view as we rode onto another new adventure.

My Character :
Spoiler:
Name: Jenny Lasso
Appearance: Brown haired and brown eyed. She has a fair complexion with freckles. She loves button downs and overalls, and has her hair always tied in a side braid. She is 5'7" . She is forced to wear dresses, though she loathes them.
Personality: Tomboyish and fun-loving. She loves to go on adventures. Is stubborn and rude at times, but very outgoing. She is sarcastic and vague, and seems confused at time. She trusts easily, and is deceived quickly.
Other: Has a younger brother who is 11 named Nathanial. Lives with her mother and father, who works at the gold mine. Has many friends, but the one closest to her is Nathanial.
Year:[ex.1868,1880] 1948
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:40 am

I woke up just as the sun rose,I said "Ah,Another beautiful morning!" I went into my clothes went outside,got an orange and made orange juice!I drank it cause I was so thirsty!Then.. I went inside and told my mom I wanted to go through the whole farm!She said alright!I told my dad too,so we went inside of the carriage I said "Wow this is so bumpy!" I saw Jenny and waved to her. After a few hours we were back and it was 1 pm!I said "Wow that was a long time!" So I went inside for a nap.
Anita
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:13 am

Name: Alexia Dempsey
Appearance: Long, straight, auburn hair that she keeps tied back. A sprinkling of freckles on her cheeks, nose, and forehead. She is average in height and looks.
Personality: Strong-willed, her temper can get the best of her, but she tries her best. She's a bit of a tomboy, to her parents' frustration.
Other: She is the youngest of four, and the only girl in the family. She gets along well with her brothers, who largely accept her desire to follow along and play the same games as them.
Her father had a prosperous store back east, and recently moved the family to California in hopes of starting an even more profitable store in the middle of gold rush territory. She is having a bit of trouble fitting into the new town, both from the difficulty of the move and personality clashes.
Year: 1884
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:05 am

I woke to the sound of our rooster, Roger, crowing. Daddy was in town an Thomas was lookin after the farm! Things were always more fun with Thomas! I pulled on my work dress an went to find him. I wonder what we are doin t'day! Hopefully we is tendin the animals! Maybe I can ride Abe! Abe's ma pony! Named after daddys ol friend mister lincoln, the former president. What ever i do, it'll be better than sewin
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:22 pm

We entered into our new house early next morning. California sure was pretty. The gold rush fever seemed to have caught everyone, the houses and farms were all packed. We moved into our house and unpacked everything. The doorbell rang, and we were welcomed by some neighbors [ ahem ahem ]. They had a daughter too. I hoped she would become my friend.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:08 am

As I woke up I realized I woke up pretty late it was 11:30 I ran downstairs and saw I sign outside of out house, "What do you mean 'Sold out!' mom?" My mom replied and said "Well, we're moving and we were selling out house and somebody bought it!" I was confused and said "Where are we going?" We are going to the beautiful state of...Florida!I wondered how this was going to turn out...
Anita
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:32 am

[OOC -- I vote we just ignore the 'Year' part. Otherwise, it makes it impossible to interact with each other.]

Alexia rang the doorbell of her new neighbor's house. Her mother always sent her out to greet new arrivals in town, thinking that an early gesture like this would ensure loyalty to their store over any other in the area. She knew her deep red cotton day dress with its matching tailored jacket was immaculate, and if she didn't want to hear her mother's lectures on the matter for the rest of the week, it would have to stay that way until she'd returned home and changed into something simpler.

She prepared a wide smile, and shifted her hold on the welcome basket her father had sent her with -- a few jars of preserves and a batch of fresh muffins, perfect to help a family that might not have many provisions in yet.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:25 pm

I opened the door to see a girl in a red dress, with a basket of muffins and jars of preserves. I smiled wide and introduced myself, " Hi there, I'm Jenny Lasso, " I said, extending my hand. I loved to make friends.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:05 am

Alexia carefully balanced the basket on one hip, and reached out to shake the offered hand. "Hello, I'm Alexia Dempsey. Welcome to town. My father runs Dempsey's General Store, and he's very generous when welcoming newcomers. Please accept this housewarming gift from us." she said, holding the basket out.

She eyed the younger girl carefully. A possible friend, but she needed to get her duties out of the way first. This was nice -- it was frustrating how many miners didn't bring their families along. There were few girls she could really be friends with.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 am

Alexia handed me the baskets, which smelled fresh. I thanked her and invited her in. My mother would love to find out that we had a person welcoming us to this new neighborhood.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Alexia entered the house and smiled. "You have a lovely home. I'm sure you'll enjoy living here. I'll be happy to help you get a feel for the neighborhood, help you settle in with more ease."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:06 pm

"Thanks a ton," I said. Just then my mom came over. "Look here mom, Alexia has come here to welcome us to the neighborhood with muffins and preserves," I introduced them. My mom smiled at Alexia, " Hello dear, I sure hope you and Jenny could be friends. What do your parents do? Well why don't you come and have supper with us, I'm just about done," My mom invited, dusting away. We had just got here and we were already half unpacked. My mom was good at this now, we had moved so many times. It was going to be a pain to unpack my room.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:28 am

After a hard day working on the farm, Thomas took me to the barn to see a special new arrival! Chancey, our sheepdog, had had her puppies! There were three of them! We sat in the straw as they cuddled up to their mother. "They are adorable!" I said softly. Thomas laughed. "Indeed!" He agreed. He picked one up and handed the little ball of fluff to me. I giggled as it nuzzled me with it's lil wet nose. "Don't hold 'er too long or 'er momma won't like it!" He said, shuffling over and stroking her black and white fur with his fingers. At that moment, my momma came bursting into the barn. "Amber Belle!" My momma called. "Amber Belle! There's some new folk about a mile away from here, I want you to take the cart and deliver some goat's cheese to welcome them!" I carefully placed the little puppy back with her momma and stood up, brushing the straw off my apron. Thomas stood up and helped me over the straw bales. "And Thomas, you go with Amber Belle, make sure she don't get ambushed by no bandits or indians!" Thomas tipped his hat with a gloved hand. "Yes ma'am!" I went to change into a travelling dress and Thomas and I set off for the new folk's house.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:50 am

Alexia smiled. "Hello, Mrs. Lasso. It's a pleasure to meet you. My father runs Dempsey's general store with my mother, and they sent me over with this housewarming gift. We've a wide range of supplies, and are used to helping out new arrivals to the state."

With a regretful smile, she added, "I'd love to stay for dinner, but my mother will be expecting me back to help set the table soon. Another evening, perhaps."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:06 am

" That's great, I'll be sure to visit, " my Mom said, " Pity. Make sure you let your parents know their welcome any time. I would love to sit and have supper with them, " she invited, smiling. I showed Alexia the door and waved goodbye. She seemed pretty nice. " Time for you to unpack, Jenny. Head up to your room and no supper until you've finished, " my Mom said, sternly. I headed upstairs and started unpacking, pushing the furniture in place and stuffing my closets with clothes. I took a quick shower and headed downstairs.
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:31 am

I woke up from the rooster cry. It was early in the morning as usual. The sun didn't rise yet. The house was empty. It was full of snores from Natasha and mother. I fed the chickens and gathered the eggs and came back to the house. I started sewing and making breakfast for everyone. It was just the usual. I looked outside and it was dusty. Our neighbors lived very far away probably like 5 miles away. The weather didn't look too good. It might be really hot and heated today. Anything could happened today though. I cooked the eggs and took out three plates. Today there was a lot to get done.
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:05 am

We arrived at the new-comer's house after half an hour and I knocked on their door. The girl answered. "Hello!" I said. "My name is Amber Belle Cambridge!"
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:35 am

The door knocked and I answered it. A girl introduced herself as Amber Belle Cambridge. She seemed nice. " Hi, I'm Jenny Lasso, it's nice to meet you, " I said, " Why don't you come in? "
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:54 am

I turned to Thomas who was sat in the cart outside. I motioned for him to come over. "This is Thomas!" I said, introducing the farmhand to Jenny. "Although he's more like family now!" I said. We stepped inside. "Nice place you got here!"
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum