Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beware of Fake or 'Phishing' Emails!

+5
Test
Anita
Daize
AleciaAutumn10
AshtonCyBearGuide
9 posters

Go down

Beware of Fake or 'Phishing' Emails! Empty Beware of Fake or 'Phishing' Emails!

Post by AshtonCyBearGuide Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:34 am

WARNING:

We have received quite a number of inquiries about a FAKE or Phishing Email from a certain vwhelp@live.com asking for account username and password and threatening that if you do not reply until the end of July, your account may be disconnected.

Please do NOT fall for this type of scam!

REMEMBER: We will never ask for your password.

Here are a few keypoints that you can check straight away to know whether an email is legitimate:
  • Emails from Bearville.com will always come from an @buildabear.com email address. Below are the OFFICIAL email addresses of Bearville.com:
    vwhelp@buildabear.com
    vwfeedback@buildabear.com
    vwpatrol@buildabear.com
  • Any email sent from Bearville.com will make use of correct spelling and grammar.
  • Bearville employees will never ask for your password via any means.
  • Phishing mails will frequently claim that your account has violated our policy or claim that your account has been compromised. These type of emails will also require account verification to ensure safety but often employ inimidating wording and claim extreme actions like account disconnection (such as the recent email from vwhelp@live.com).

These are NOT standard procedures of Bearville.com
  • Phishing mails will also promise in-game items and BVO Credits, VIB Memberships and other webcodes. These mails can often seem too good to be true. Please do not fall for these mysterious ‘offers’.
  • There are also mails that will require you to visit a specific (malicious) website that may appear extremely similar in appearance to Bearville.com and will ask you to "log in". Please double-check the destination of the hyperlink before you click.

Lastly, if you believe you've received a phishing email, please forward the email to vwhelp@buildabear.com as soon as possible. When forwarding the email, copy and paste the entire email header into the message body to make sure that we are able to identify the source.

Special thanks to our Bearville citizens who have remained vigilant and informed us quickly of this matter!

Bear Hugs,
The Bearville Team
AshtonCyBearGuide
AshtonCyBearGuide
Build-A-Bearville CyBearGuide

Back to top Go down

Beware of Fake or 'Phishing' Emails! Empty Re: Beware of Fake or 'Phishing' Emails!

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:52 am

Thanks Ashton!
We'll make sure to be aware!
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Beware of Fake or 'Phishing' Emails! Empty Re: Beware of Fake or 'Phishing' Emails!

Post by Daize Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:53 am

Thank you so much Ashton!
We will be extra careful ;]
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:06 am

Thank you so much "Act on" haha just kidding!
Thanks Ashton!
My account would have been in trouble if it wasn't for you!
Anita
BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Test Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:13 am

Aha, these guys never give up, lawl. Beware of Fake or 'Phishing' Emails! Icon_razz
I got one this morning, Beware of Fake or 'Phishing' Emails! 1107968042
Test
Test
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by emmie Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:55 am

Thanks Ashton, this is very helpful; why don't hackers leave people alone, and do something good!
emmie
emmie
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellz Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 am

Thanks Ashton!
I don't even check my email anymore, but I'll still be careful! (:
Kellz
Kellz
Forum Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:44 am

Thank you C:
I got one and emailed it to BABV but never forwarded it. I'll do that right now C:
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:59 am

Thank you!
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down