Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alecia's Articles

+8
Bear
IsiizFlowerZz
muffinatormanic
Test
emmie
Daize
JLBABV
AleciaAutumn10
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alecia's Articles  - Page 2 Empty Re: Alecia's Articles

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:22 am

Thank you Alecia's Articles  - Page 2 143839
It is really hard. If anyone has travelled with their pets on airlines, and have any pointers, please feel free to share them with me [:
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by heidi02 Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:43 am

I have some advice for you Alecia Alecia's Articles  - Page 2 465488

Okay so a couple years ago we were going on a family vacation and had no one to take care of our dog. We had to bring him along with us. We were going by plane, about a 2 hour flight.
First of all I would advise you to first see if your dog has separation issues. Can he be at home alone? Is he independent? Only you know your dog, so if you see that he/she aren't good with being alone I would not recommend air travel for him. This is called separation anxiety. You know your dog's personality. Some animals can cope others cannot. If he doesn't mind being alone then he would be fine on the flight.
If he does not have separation anxiety then you should let him get used to the carrier that he will be in for the flight. Try to keep him in there during car rides, sleeping, meal time. This will help him get used to being in a carrier.
Lastly if there are going to be any transferring of airplanes. or just on a normal airplane ride, there is a slight slight chance of your pet getting lost. This has happened before. In case this does happen you want them to be able to locate you so they can return your pet back to you. I would recommend a ID on it's collar with your first and last name, phone number, address, just so they can contact you in case this does happen.

This is what we did for our dog when we had to travel. Everything went smoothly. I would of course recommend that you call the airline that he will be traveling on just to get more information and ask any questions that you may have. Sorry this is long Alecia's Articles  - Page 2 Icon_razz But I hope this helped you Alecia's Articles  - Page 2 465488
heidi02
heidi02
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:52 am

Thanks Heidi! That really did help. I'm not sure about the separation anxiety thing though. She does stay home alone sometimes.

-- Updated --
AleciaAutumn10
AleciaAutumn10
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by heidi02 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:29 am

^Then she'll probably be okay Alecia's Articles  - Page 2 465488

My parents are the same, now that I'm starting High School, they are going to push me more to study and get better grades. How exciting, huh? Alecia's Articles  - Page 2 Icon_razz
heidi02
heidi02
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyverybeary3 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:36 am

i wish you the best alecia! it sad when you don't have internet, thats me everyday at 8:30!
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Rain~ Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:41 am

Awesome blog! Adorable puppy!
I went to visit my grandparents and family far away, about a month ago, and got a dog there for a while. I wanted to bring her back with me, but it took a lot of work, so we didn't at the end. It's possible for pets to travel. You have to get a passport and papers and all that stuff. They'll survive the flight, most likely, because they feed them, and give them drinks. They'll also have a special installation and ventilation. That's what they usually do anyways. Good luck with everything ! ! !(:
~Rain~
~Rain~
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum