Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead*

+2
AbbeyAllHeart2737
Bear
6 posters

Go down

Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead* Empty Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead*

Post by Bear Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:53 am

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

*Beware of spoilers ahead!*
Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead* 11tt0nc

It's Harry Potter's first year at Hogwarts, he discovered that he's a wizard and what really happened to his parents. He quickly gains an enemy Draco Malfoy, while he befriends Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger where they discover the Philosopher's Stone is being hidden in Hogwarts and believe the Potions Professor, Professor Snape, is trying to steal the stone.

They eventually go to the forbidden corridor (where the stone is being hidden) and get past the obstacles to get the stone. To Harry's surprise, he discovers that the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor, Professor Quirrell - instead of Professor Snape - is trying to steal the stone for Voldemort - who is "possessing" him, when Professor Quirrell takes off his turban it's revealed that, on the back of his head is Voldemort's face.

In the end, Harry finds the stone, Professor Quirrell is... "abandoned", Voldemort's "spirit" (I guess you'd say, he doesn't really have a body, or his soul or something) runs away and leaves, Dumbledore tells Harry Voldemort is likely to return one day. Harry awakes in the Hospital Wing where he is safe and sound and the stone gets destroyed so no further damange can be done.

I thought this was a pretty good movie, the special effects were good, the plot is easily understandable, and it's a great example showing teamwork and bravery can get you a long way!

As for my rating, not sure what the rating scale is, out of 5 stars I guess, but I'm still undecided.
Bear
Bear
Officer

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead* Empty Re: Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead*

Post by AbbeyAllHeart2737 Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:51 am

Thats a great movie!
AbbeyAllHeart2737
AbbeyAllHeart2737
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead* Empty Re: Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead*

Post by Daize Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:31 am

Honestly, this movie isn't really a favorite, even though it's Harry Potter.
They're too young (obviously, only first years, eleven year olds) and maybe because I've seen it so many times Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead* Icon_razz
I like the part when they go to Diagon Alley, and when their classes begin. It's so fun to watch them ;D
Daize
Daize
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyverybeary3 Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:02 am

i love watching how hermione talks, it' just sooo cute! "NOOO You CAAAN'T!" hahaha she holds her vowels for a long time
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveablegirl Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:16 am

i like the movie it intro you to harry potter and there were so young and cute
Loveablegirl
Loveablegirl
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:20 pm

I believe this is a great movie! I loved it! It's a classic Harry Potter & The Philosopher's stone *spoilers ahead* 465488 And it sticks to the book!
muffinatormanic
muffinatormanic
Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down