Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space Cadets [Role Play]

+4
GwynethLove
Daize
MollyFlyer
JLBABV
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Space Cadets [Role Play] - Page 3 Empty Re: Space Cadets [Role Play]

Post by JLBABV Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:29 am

"Oh hey!" I said as Elanor sat down next to me. "Insider tips?" I said, stroking my chin in a theatrical manner. "Don't be late to ANY classes! They always start on time, and the tutors DON'T WAIT for latecomers... too many lates and you'll be dropped from the course! Learn your way around as soon as possible! That way you wont be late because you'll know where you're going! And finally... read up on everything you can think of to do with space, the agency and anything of scientific importance. It shows you're interested in the course and guarantees a place in the good books with your tutors" I said with a smile. "Oh and don't be afraid to ask questions! Better to know than to wish you knew!" I said. My stomach rumbled. "Oooh I'm hungry!"
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:07 am

Elanor nodded. It sounded like it wouldn't be much different from the on-base schools, simply more specialized. "I think I'll bring my map and make my way around the facility tonight. There'll be a few hours between dinner and lights out, so it'll give me some time to get a feel for the place. And don't worry, I've done my research."

She paused, glancing around. "On that note, I hope you don't mind my asking -- what's your training? The space program isn't known for its leniant training requirements, but I seem to be the oldest one here, and possibly the only one with any university background. It's actually kind of disconcerting."

A frown, at the other girl's rumbling stomach. "Didn't you get anything? They have a pretty good selection. Even some vegan options, if you need it."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:46 am

I shook my head. "I didn't get anything, I'm not fussy when it comes to food! I'll eat leftovers!" I said with a smile. "I thought I'd wait til everyone had gotten something, then I could go... Plus the queue goes down after a while... and the food stays hot! Some technology they've been working on." I paused. "And about the training, I was homeschooled by my father for many years, he's very smart! He's into astronomy, so he taught me many things about the universe, and everything else I needed to know of course! I'm sure you'll find another cadet around your age! Infact, you could try going to where the grad students hang out! Room 22, Block C. It's odd how they haven't given out that information yet. They might send a mass message out soon. Anyway, room 22, block C... I know for a fact that's where they hang out! Don't ask me why! It's a loooooong story!"
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:12 am

"Suit yourself. But the line wasn't very long when I was up there; I think the initial rush has passed. Like my father says, you should never pass up a chance to eat, sleep, or . . . well, use the facilities." She blinked in confusion at the comment about the new technology keeping the food warm; she was pretty sure warming trays had been in use for decades.

Odd. Homeschooling could provide a solid education, to be sure, but could really go either way. Elanor felt more secure in applying with solid records, test scores that could prove she knew what she knew in an unbiased form. But of the recruits she'd encountered, thus far she was the only one to have such a background. She'd have a better idea of how common it was once she'd met the other cadets her age.

"Room 22, block C. I'll be sure to stop there on my tour. Is that a Cadet lounge or something?"
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:03 pm

I nodded. "It's something like that! The grad students tend to stay there, there are a few Cadet lounges, that happens to be the one they stay at" I said. I looked over at the food area. "I'm gonna go see what's left!" I said, getting up. I walked over to the food and picked some stuff, I wasn't sure what it was but it looked good. I walked back to the table and began to eat.
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by sandyverybeary3 Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:06 am

after listening to what astra had to say, i left to get some food. "I really wish i could take some to my dorm. I always get hungry during the night." i said to myself. i picked up a basic meal and went to an empty table. i didn't feel like sitting with any one, i wasn't in the mode for talking either. I just wanted food and rest...
sandyverybeary3
sandyverybeary3
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:47 pm

"Ah, I figured we'd have somewhere to socialize . . . I really wish we'd gotten a proper orientation, guided tour and all that jazz. Maybe they're planning it for tomorrow, making sure everyone got here before going through with it."

While Suzi was gone, she quickly chewed several bites of her dinner; she was an efficient eater and finished with most of her main course already. But she was polite and careful not to speak with her mouth full.

"Hey, do you know when we'll get our schedules?"
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:01 pm

I shook my head. "I'm guessing when they do give us the orientation they'll give them to us then, they usually do give an orientation, I guess they wanted us to settle in, then show us around. It's a big step on the first day! Best not to rush into things!"
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:20 am

"Good to know. I was wondering why the briefing this morning was a little thin on details."

She ate quietly for a few minutes, then another detail occured to her. "Any thoughts on when we get the uniforms? I find it unlikely that we'll be going through training in civvies."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:18 am

I shook my head again "They usually have them out by now, maybe there was a fault with some of them and they had to keep back the whole lot just to make sure... I have no idea why, maybe they'll give them out after the orientation?"
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:31 am

Main course finished, she nibbled on an apple slice.

"Maybe they wanted to bring everyone in for a fitting. Be sure everyone has uniforms that wear properly; it's hard to pass inspection if your parade dress doesn't hang right."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:02 am

"You're right!" I said to Elanor. "I hope that we get them soon though! I can't wait!" I said with a smile. I looked down at my empty plate. "I'm gonna go explore. Wanna come?"
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:06 am

"Sure!" said Elanor. "I've got my map with me, so I'll have a chance to orient myself properly here."

She finished her tea, then carried her tray to the proper drop-off point before returning to Suzi. "You know this place better than I, so lead on."
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:49 pm

I picked up my plate and dropped it off at the drop off point. "Mind if we stop by the wash rooms? I gotta wash my hands!" I said, my childhood habits creeping into play. Id left my hand sanitizer at home so i had to make do with the traditional soap and water for after mealtimes, instead of using gel. However soap and water was the best way apparently, so at home id was with soap before mealtimes andd afterwards use hand sanitizing gel. Still I'll manage. I looked at Elanor to see if she was ok with it
JLBABV
JLBABV
Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by MollyFlyer Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:49 am

Elanor nodded. "Sure. I should probably get cleaned up, myself."

The military had trained her to accept varying levels of clenliness -- from wading through a muddy obstacle course to passing inspection -- but the space program would require more sterility.
MollyFlyer
MollyFlyer
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3