Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Discovery of Mermaids

+12
cyrus2hip594
Admin
barbie6
Anita
~Rain~
Daize
AleciaAutumn10
Dillonus
Lovelistic
muffinatormanic
Cheer
Bear
16 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Discovery of Mermaids Empty The Discovery of Mermaids

Post by Bear Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:51 am

Info
Everyone is a mermaid - however, you can be a talking dolphin or something. Amelia lives under the Atlantic Ocean, from her coral reef kingdom (kind of like a town, I guess) of Aquarius. The coral reef kingdoms has a king, queen, princess etc. The kingdoms have a monarchy, but it's also democracy, too (kind of like Britain, I'm too lazy to find the "official" name, but here's an idea). I might also need a princess for this roleplay... The Discovery of Mermaids 465488

My Character
Name: Amelia Seamaid
Appearance: Porcelain skin, long dark brown wavy hair,
medium height (about 5"5), always wears a gold charm bracelet on her right arm.
Personality: Shy, yet isn't scared to be assertive and stand up for her rights and other's, she's brave and courageous. She can be outgoing when she wants too, though. She's very observant and curious. She asks a lot of questions. Sometimes, although she does not mean to be, it can be annoying.
Other: Amelia is a mermaid living under the Atlantic Ocean, from the coral reef kingdom of Aquarius.

Character Form
I don't really mind where the story goes, I guess just keep going. Don't forget to introduce yourself. I don't have any specifics like there needs to be this character etc, just be creative and let your imagination flow. The Discovery of Mermaids 465488
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Characters

• Amelia Seafin (Bear, creator of RP)
    Spoiler:

• Ciera Quintin (muffinatormanic)
    Spoiler:

• Sia Triton (Cheer)
    Spoiler:

• Ascadelia MerryEvans (Lovelistic)
    Spoiler:

• Katie Saggitarius (Dillonus)
    Spoiler:

• Cordelia Plankton (AleciaAutumn10)
    Spoiler:

• Ren (Daize)
    Spoiler:

• Quinn Thompson (~Rain~)
    Spoiler:

• Anita (Anita Mars)
    Spoiler:

• Sapphire Beauty (barbie6)
    Spoiler:

• Damien (Admin)
    Spoiler:

• Aqua Marine (cyrus2hip594)
    Spoiler:

• Amethyst Trident (JLBABV)
    Spoiler:

• Turquoise (CarlyAllHeart261)
    Spoiler:

• Gus Hammerstead (Luv)
    Spoiler:

• Last edited by Bear on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:40 am; edited 9 times in total
    Bear
    Bear
    Officer

Back to top Go down

The Discovery of Mermaids Empty Re: The Discovery of Mermaids

Post by Cheer Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:36 am

Name: Sia Triton
    Appearance: Sparkling skin and almost white, blonde hair that slightly waves and goes down to her mid-back. She is somewhat short, 5'2". Sia's fin is a light turquoise. She always wears a silver pearl necklace.
    Personality: Tends to do things without thinking things over, and doesn't care about the outcome unless it involves herself or her closest friends. She's friendly and has a lot of friends, and tends to make friends with other sea life, like fish and dolphins.
    Other: Mermaid.
    Cheer
    Cheer
    Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:03 am

Name: Ciera Quantin
    Appearance: Tan with brown eyes. She has wavy brown hair. She is 5'3 and her fin is a lavendar color. She wears a bracelet that she found at the bottom of the ocean.
    Personality: She's shy, caring, but awfully curious.
    Other: Mermaid from Pacific Ocean and follows the whales.
    muffinatormanic
    muffinatormanic
    Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovelistic Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:15 am

Name: Ascadelia MerryEvans
    Appearance: Her skin is very pale and she has straight flaming red hair with piercing green eyes. She's around 5'8. Ascadelia's fin is silvery white and sometimes turns light pink in the sun. Her fin colour reflects on how she feels. She has a pink Petunia in her hair that never dies. Ascadelia took it instantly after her father told her it was her Mother's good luck charm.
    Personality: Ascadelia's very curious,brave and adventerous but kind aswell. She's also superstitous.
    Other:
    -Ascadelia's usually called Asca.
    -She's never known/seen her mom.
    -She's a mermaid.
    Lovelistic
    Lovelistic
    BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillonus Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:48 am

Name: Katie Saggitarius
    Appearance: 2 feet of shiny fiery red hair, 6'2" (including tail), shiny purple and gold tail, always wears a bottlecap necklace
    Personality: brave, gets into a lot of trouble
    Other:
    - likes purple
    - is half-mermaid so she can turn into a human when she is out of the water
    - has three friends, Frankie (female), Cierra (female), and Joseph (male), all mermaids
    Dillonus
    Dillonus
    Friendly Bear
    Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Name: Cordelia Plankton
    Appearance: Long, black, straight, ashy hair and murky gray eyes. Her skin is olive and her tail is a dark indigo, which looks almost black underwater. She's 5'8" and has a small scar shaped like a triton on her left shoulder. She always wears a starfish in her hair, who's one of her best friends.
    Personality: Conservative and shy, doesn't let others in very easily. She finds other people hard to trust, yet she is very trustworthy herself. She is very mysterious and serious around strangers, but with friends she's humorous and lovable. She is very careful and cautious.
    Other:
    -She has a best friend Starfish named Merlin, who always stays in her hair. He looks like a decoration, but is actually always watching over her.
    -Her only other friend is a merman named Zale, who she never goes anywhere without.
    -Is a mermaid.
    -Has never seen her parents, as they live in the Pacific Ocean and she in the Atlantic. She lives with her grandmother named Nerissa.
    AleciaAutumn10
    AleciaAutumn10
    Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Name: Ren (No last name, since she feels she doesn't have parents, hence, no last name)
    Appearance: Short black hair near shoulders, with spilt ends, and very messy. Small lips, very pink, and big black eyes. Her skin is soft and pale. Very short, only 4'9, and has a bluish green tail. Missing part of a tail fin.
    Personality:Rude sometimes, sticks up for everyone, and likes to be near people, or completely alone. Is outgoing, and loves all animals. Doesn't care about her appearance, or what anyone thinks. Good with comebacks. Loves the cold.
    Other:
    -Missing part of fin is from an unfriendly shark, who bit her.
    -Mermaid living in the Atlantic ocean, originally from the artic.
    -Considers herself an orphan, had a fight with parents and ran away. She still loves her deceased grandmother, and was always close to her.

Last edited by Daize on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed to add some more information :3)
    Daize
    Daize
    Guide Bear
    Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Rain~ Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:50 am

Name: Quinn Thomason
    Appearance: Long, below shoulder length light brown hair, her bangs are a lighter blond colored. She has large, chestnut eyes and pale peach colored skin. She is medium height, and at 13 years old, she stands at a 5'8. She is about 120 pounds, and eats regularly. Her tail is a green-ish aquamarine color.
    The Discovery of Mermaids AFGxC
    Personality: Quinn is very friendly, and smart. She is curious about the world around her and especially about mermaids. She sticks up for herself and her friends, and when you make fun of people she loves, you better watch out, because she'll snap! She loves animals, and connects with marine life.
    Other: She is a mermaid, lived with her mother because her father disappeared when she was 2, and no one knows what happened to him. Both parents were mer-people, but from different tribes aka groups. Has a dolphin buddy whom she has known for her whole life named Melody.
    ~Rain~
    ~Rain~
    Guide Bear
    Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Name:Anita Mars
    Appearance:She has Hazel eyes,she also has long Curly thick and beautiful dark brown hair with blonde bangs that go to the side.She is 15 years old she is at 5'5.She weighs about 126 pounds and is very skinny.Also her tail is Medium Purple,with Hot Pink spots.And she has tan skin which she likes to call "Peach".
    Personality:Anita is outgoing she doesn't care if she is doing something for her friends/family that might risk her life.She is a daring girl who is willing to take any challenge or request.
    Other:She lives with her mom and dad and has no siblings.She lives at the Pacific ocean.One day they were at the "mer-carnival" and her parents forgot to take her home!So while she was looking for them she found her best friend Yasmin the Dolphin,so they were looking and some how swam to the Indian ocean!

Last edited by staraugust182 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add her Other details.)
    Anita
    BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by barbie6 Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Name:Sapphire beauty
    Appearance: Long wavy brown hair.Sapphire blue tail that is 72 inches long. fresh grass green colored eyes.16 years old. weighs 120.00 lb. skinny.
    The Discovery of Mermaids 0511-1101-0314-2058_Cartoon_Mermaid_on_the_Ocean_Floor_clipart_image
    Personality:likes helping others fishes in need
    Other: none
    barbie6
    barbie6
    Friendly Bear
    Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Name: Damien
    Appearance: Damien has a midnight blue tail with a golden layer of scales at the partition where the body and the tail meet, sports an armband with a thin white gold filigree and a dark sapphire at the center. Blue-green eyes like the color reflected on the surface of the Pacific Ocean and dark black hair cropped short that complements his light creamy skin.
    Personality: Damien is a very gregarious and adventurous individual. He's always wandering the seas looking for something new. He prefers to be alone, but doesn't mind the company when the need arises. He's headstrong and has a good head on his shoulders that's ready to take on any form of responsibility.
    Other: Damien is a merteen, whose parents are seahorse wranglers living near the Mediterrenean. He never goes anywhere without his best friend, a seahorse named Stormwind.

Admin
    Admin
    Founder/Owner
    Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:17 am

Name: Aqua Marine
    Appearance: Pale skin with hip length brown hair with red highlights. Red and black shimmering tail.
    Personality: Rude and appears to never care about any one but secretly loves her snail, Gary
    Other: Human when dry, Mermaid when wet
    cyrus2hip594
    cyrus2hip594
    Guide Bear
    Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:16 pm

So all the characters have been made. If after you'd like to join the RP then just make sure you fill in the character form. Just go with the flow and be imaginative!

Intro
    I woke up to find that my companion, Flippa, a dolphin, was no where to be found. She wasn't in her bed right beside mine. I decided to leave and try to find her, I swam out abroad for miles trying to go to places she went to often.

I gave up, frustrated and finally decided to swim out of my coral reef kingdom, I was told several times it was dangerous out there not knowing what was out there, but all these years I eventually would have to see and explore. I've gone out once, but I wasn't alone. I kept swimming, and saw this unfamiliar metal large thing floating above me, it looked odd, people told me they've seen "ships" before out in the water, but I never went close enough to shore to know.

I went up for a closer look, I was curious, then suddenly two mermaids - except without tails - came down into the water from the large metal thing, wearing these body suits. Then it hit me, these were humans! I'd been told folk legends about humans, they were like us but lived on land and had feet and legs, I've even saw them before, when I went out to shore. I was startled, shocked, surprised, excited, no words for this moment, probably because this was the closest "encounter" that I've ever had with humans. Suddenly, the human beings recognized me, and had the same expression on it's face.

Last edited by Bear on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bear
    Bear
    Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:13 pm

It was a bright and peaceful morning when I woke up. I could see the rays of the warm sun streaming through my window as I got up and swam towards the bathroom where I began my daily ritual of brushing my teeth.

Afterwards, I put my fingers to my lips and gave a sharp whistle - immediately, I could see Stormwind, my favorite seahorse wake up from his oyster shell and swim around me.

"Good morning boy!" I grinned, stroking Stormwind's back. "Are we ready to have a great day?!"

Stormwind gave a neigh and headed for the door. I took a look around and made sure that my shell was made and my room was fixed before heading to the main hall where my parents were sure to be.

It was going to be a wonderful day...

--------------------
    My character
    Name: Damien
    Appearance: Damien has a midnight blue tail with a golden layer of scales at the partition where the body and the tail meet, sports an armband with a thin white gold filigree and a dark sapphire at the center. Blue-green eyes like the color reflected on the surface of the Pacific Ocean and dark black hair cropped short that complements his light creamy skin.
    Personality: Damien is a very gregarious and adventurous individual. He's always wandering the seas looking for something new. He prefers to be alone, but doesn't mind the company when the need arises. He's headstrong and has a good head on his shoulders that's ready to take on any form of responsibility.
    Other: Damien is a merteen, whose parents are seahorse wranglers living near the Mediterrenean. He never goes anywhere without his best friend, a seahorse named Stormwind.
    Admin
    Admin
    Founder/Owner
    Founder/Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Sia sat on a rock at the ocean's floor, her platinum hair flowing down her back. Her turquoise eyes were dull as she stared at her nails. She was bored. She kicked her blue tail back and forth. What to do, what to do...
    Sia's fin stopped moving as she came up with an idea. She could swim to shore. It's been a while since she had last done that, and sure, she might have been forbidden from going there since last time she'd been spotted, but who cared? Not Sia.
    She darted sharply upwards and started swimming to the shore. She swam fast, she was a natural. Very fast she went. The nearest shore was east. She was sure of it. She's been there plenty times before.
    But now it wasn't there.
    Did she go the wrong way? Was she lost? Oh no, she would be in so much trouble...
    She quickly swam up and popped out of the water. She could make out a vague outline of a ship. It was faded and sort of foggy. Sia had only seen a ship twice before, when she swam out of the kingdom with her friends. There were no ships by the kingdom where she lived.
    She splashed back into the water and swam west. Or was it north?
    Cheer
    Cheer
    Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 pm

I woke up and smelled the breakfast mom was making..I rushed downstairs and I forgot to take my pajamas off and brush my teeth..My mom and dad had a big surprise for me!They said "We're going to the mercarnival today!" I cheered with joy,after breakfast we all got ready and we left the carnival was so fun!I even won a dolphin named Yasmin!She was the best friend I ever had!Then my mom and dad said "We're leaving meet us in the car!" my wig was on top of the suitcase so my dad said "Are you ready?"He saw my wig and took off swimming.So me and Yasmin noticed the time that they were home!So I got on Yasmin's back and told her which way to go.But I told her the wrong way so we ended up at the Indian ocen,Oh no!I quickly made fish friends though!Now I am wondering how to get back..!
    Anita
    BABV Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Name: Amethyst Trident
    Appearance: Amethyst has long brown hair which she often ties loosely back with amethysts and pearls. She has olive skin, and an oval shaped face, of which her large eyes are the dominant feature, these eyes appear brown most of the time but can change colour from deep blue, and green, to silver or amthyst purple. Her tail is a dark purple with silver flecks which sparkle in the moonlight. She is slim and quite small, so she can squeeze through small spaces and hide from predators. She wears a shell bikini top which matches her amethyst hair jewels in a pale purple. She wears on her neck a silver locket with A engraved on it in old swirly lettering
    Personality: Quiet but wise, Amethyst only speaks when She feels the time is right, she is compassionate to all creatures and merfolk and she often listens to their troubles, offering advice and comfort
    Other: Amethyst is 16 and lives with her father, Noel Trident, however with her mother's disappearance not long after her seventh birthday, she has had to play a motherly role in her household to her younger sister, pearl. She lives off the coast of Italy and when she's not helping merfolk, she is found with her best friend, a mediteranean whale named Jonas.
    JLBABV
    JLBABV
    Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinatormanic Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Ciera heard a noise from her coral castle. She immediately awoke. It was just a crab cutting its claws to a rock. Her brown hair was floating in the water and floated down to her shoulders. She looked around and panicked. The whales left without her! How was she going to get home in time for the merfest? How was she going back to the Pacific Ocean in time? Right now she was at the Atlantic..

She thought to herself.. Sea turtles? No they're way too slow.. Only if the whales could come back .. But it was migration season so they were bound to be on the move... Maybe I should speed swim the whole way? No .. Does not sound like a swell idea.

She swam around the castle seeing if anything to eat. The only thing that seemed like an option was sea grass or seaweed. Then she spotted incoming whales.

What a relief she thought.

She a boarded the whales and began to travel with them..
    muffinatormanic
    muffinatormanic
    Forum Assist

Back to top Go down

Post by JLBABV Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:25 am

I awoke to the sound of my little sister, Pearl, crying, and the rushing waters of a stormy sea. Despite being deep, I could feel the water moving violently. I swam over to Pearl, who was huddled under her seamoss blanket and moaning terribly. I took her in my arms and stroked her soft, platinum blonde hair. "It's alright!" I said, kissing her head. "It's just a storm." I added, soothing her. She quietened as did the storm. Then she fell asleep and I returned to my own bed, but as I slid under my own seamoss blanket, I noticed an un-natural, yellow light. I threw my blanket to one side and swam to the window of our coral reef home. The beam of light bore through the waves. It was like nothing I had ever seen before! I swam out of the window and went to wake Jonas, my friend. He moaned at me as I touched his smooth, blue flesh. "Leave me alone!" He mumbled. "Jonas! Wake up!" I whispered. He opened one sleepy eye. "What do you want?" He said, sounding grumpy, then he noticed the light. "What's that?" He asked, swimming out of his sea-cave. I swam alongside him. "I don't know!" I said, clenching my fists. "But we have to find out!"
    JLBABV
    JLBABV
    Official Photographer

Back to top Go down

Post by AleciaAutumn10 Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:07 am

" Wake up Cordelia! Cordelia, wake up! " My grandmother Nerissa whispered to me, shaking me so hard I fell out of my hammock. I looked outside to see darkness, the water was cold. What was Nerissa doing up so late? Daylight hadn't even hit the water. Midnight. " Finally, your up. We have to leave immediately. Come on, pack up your most important things and lets go. Hurry up, we don't have much time. And don't worry, I'll tell you everything on the way, " Nerissa commanded, still whispering. I could feel Merlin stretch in my hair, suddenly wide awake. I got my little suitcase from when I was a kid and filled it with the little clothes I had. There wasn't much a mermaid could wear. What had happened all of a sudden? What was going on?

" You might wanna hurry up if you want us to leave before daybreak, " said my friend Zane, breaking me out of my reverie. Nerissa woke him too? The reef had many occupants, you could call it like an apartment for mermaids. Maybe just cause he was my friend?

" Do you know what's going on? Are you coming with us? " I asked, shutting my suitcase.

" Yes and yes. And no, I'm not gunna tell you anything, before you ask, " answered Zane. Why was everyone whispering. Zane, now exasperated at my slowness, grabbed my hand and suitcase and lead me to the shed, where Nerissa was. Why was the sea so quiet? You could hear the snores of the whales, and the crashing of the waves. I felt a chill go down my tail. Something was not right.
    AleciaAutumn10
    AleciaAutumn10
    Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Daize Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:15 am

I'm swimming through the Atlantic. Searching. Searching for what? The tension on my face visible, my heart pumping frantically. Everywhere I turn, all I see is the dark sea. Nothing in sight, the darkness calling me. Ren, Ren. whispers an icy voice in my ears, sending a chill down my spine. Drained of energy, I float there, absolutely still. Thinking of my next move. I close my eyes, and hum the lullaby my grandmother used to sing to me. The tune buzzes through my tiny ears, and warmth fills my soul.
    "Hello?" I call out, into the oblivion. It echoes, and it starts again. The whispering of my name. I toughen up. "Your Ren. Not afraid of anything." Words of encouragement replay again and again in my mind, and I head into the darkness, chin up.

My eyes flutter open, and I look around my small, and messy home. I was sleeping on my small seaweed bed, safe and sober. It was the same dream, again. For years, I've been having this dream. The same thing happening each time. This led me to leave my home, the Artic, to come to the Atlantic. Searching. But searching for what? I never got past the darkness, never found what I sought. Feeling paranoid, I go out for a long swim.
    Daize
    Daize
    Guide Bear
    Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlyAllHeart261 Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:23 am

Name: Turquoise
    Appearance:Has pale skin, almost ghost white. She has long dark brown hair. Her scales are a dark turquoise,hence her name, and her fins are Pale Turquoise. Her eyes are a pale blue
    Personality:Quiet and shy girl, but when you get to know her she is very friendly and kind toward you. But she isn't afraid to speak up in what she believes in.
    Other:She is a merteen. Her mother died of a illness when she was a child, and currently lives with her father. They live in the Mediterranean sea. She owns a small hermit crab named Hermy, whom she loves dearly. She loves to read and learn things.
    CarlyAllHeart261
    CarlyAllHeart261
    Forum Assist/Events Planner

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:41 am

I got out of bed and looked out the window. My best friend Ivy was right outside with my jacket in her hand. I walked out to her and asked why she had it. "Oh you left it at my house but it was dirty so my mom washed it." she said. I grabbed my jacket and dropped it quickly. " Oh my gosh is ... is this wet????" "Oh yeah sorry i dropped it iin a puddle on the way here.". I immediatly ran to my back yard as fast as possible but just as i crossed the gate i popped a tail and fell to the floor. The nearest towel was on the table halfway across the yard. I started dragging myself across the yard.......
    cyrus2hip594
    cyrus2hip594
    Guide Bear
    Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Luv Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Name: Gus Hammerstead
    Appearance: A lanky scientist. His hair is dark, extending just beyond his ears. He's usually sporting diving gear or a lab coat; on occasion, swimsuits.
    Personality: Passionate for the pursuit of new information on the ocean, from its geography to the life it holds.
    Other: He's spent most of his life studying aquatic life by the seaside. He's been a licensed diver for several years now and practices it regularly. His greatest interest in deep-sea plant life. He's devoted every iota of thought to his career.
    Luv
    Luv
    The Unbeatable

Back to top Go down

Post by cyrus2hip594 Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:18 am

I was walking along the peir when Jake came by. "So Aqua, remember last week when you pushed me over the peir? ". A flash back came on of me using my powers to move him over the peir. " Well, yes but i was only defending myself.." I replied. "wrong answer hehehe" He then pushed me off the peir and i fell into the water. My tail came on almost instantly as i heard him laughing with his friends. I swam slowly through the ocean over to near the coral reef when i saw another mer person waving to get my attention.
    cyrus2hip594
    cyrus2hip594
    Guide Bear
    Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next