Bearville Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White

+2
MamieBanana
BasketballLuver
6 posters

Go down

Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White Empty Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White

Post by BasketballLuver Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Much like the other topics I have posted, Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083, is a suspenseful book taking place in the future. Are you someone who likes to read a book mixed with a historical event as well as reading someone taking a challenge while facing serious struggles? Well then this book by Andrea White is perfect for you.

It is 50 degrees below zero. The wind and snow blow so hard, you can't see your hand in front of your face. Your heating fuel is nearly gone, and so is your food. How do you survive?

Five fourteen-year-olds face this desperate situation on a ... journey in Antarctica. It is 2083. They are contestants on a reality TV show, Antarctic Survivor, which is set up to recreate Robert F. Scott's 1912 doomed attempt to be the first to reach the South Pole.

But in 2083, reality TV is not just an act. Contestants literally relive -- or not, during -- the simulations of events. Robert Scott and his team were experienced explorers and scientists, but their attempt to reach the Pole failed. What chance does the Antarctic Survivor team have?

Would you be able to take a challenge like this one if you were chose to?

Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 is mixed with a historical and futuristic events turned into a page-turning novel.

Do all five contestants live through this devastating reenactment or will they be trapped? Read Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White to find out.

Edited content.
MamieBanana/Chief
BasketballLuver
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White Empty Re: Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White

Post by MamieBanana Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:27 am

WoW!! This book sounds great! I think it would be perfect for our family read-aloud. A little historical fiction with a sci-fi twist - perfect! I'll have to check the Library for this one!
MamieBanana
MamieBanana
Chief Officer

Back to top Go down

Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White Empty Re: Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White

Post by BasketballLuver Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:21 pm

MamieBanana wrote:WoW!! This book sounds great! I think it would be perfect for our family read-aloud. A little historical fiction with a sci-fi twist - perfect! I'll have to check the Library for this one!

It really is a great book especially when you reach the intense parts. I am so sorry Mamie that you had to edit my thread. I apologize for my mistake. Is it because I posted too much of the summary? I promise it won't happen again.
BasketballLuver
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Test Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:14 am

Wow, they sure do sound great! *Agrees with Mamie Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White Icon_razz* Are they good?
Test
Test
Graphic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Rain~ Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:20 am

Sounds awesome!

Yumi:Mommy get it! Get it. I wike it! Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White 465488
Maybe sweetie.
~Rain~
~Rain~
Guide Bear
Guide Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BasketballLuver Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:23 am

*Test* wrote:Wow, they sure do sound great! *Agrees with Mamie Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White Icon_razz* Are they good?

Yes, it is my all time favorite. I had to read it like twice. The thing that was so interesting was that if you are stuck struggling to reach the South Pole, everyone would team up and work together, but that isn't the case. You see that hint of selfishness in the story that you began to pay careful attention to the characteristic traits of each contestant. =]
BasketballLuver
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BasketballLuver Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:25 am

Remi11 wrote:Sounds awesome!

Yumi:Mommy get it! Get it. I wike it! Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White 465488
Maybe sweetie.

It is better when you read it. I really like the atmosphere it brings up. Along with the icy and cold climate they are going through, you see the total opposite of what the kids make out of it somewhat throughout the book. They don't complain as much as I thought they would and the possess skills that help each other throughout the story. =]

Yummi is right. You should get it! =]
BasketballLuver
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheer Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:47 am

That sounds like a really good book. I'll try to read it sometime Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White 143839
Cheer
Cheer
Events Planner/Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by October Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 am

It sounds like a really awsome book!! Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White 143839
October
October
Friendly Bear
Friendly Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BasketballLuver Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:27 am

CheerBear43 wrote:That sounds like a really good book. I'll try to read it sometime Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White 143839

There is no bad thing in trying! I hope you enjoy it since not everyone has the same taste in books. =]
BasketballLuver
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by BasketballLuver Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:28 am

October wrote:It sounds like a really awsome book!! Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White 143839

I know right. This is the same thing I had in mind when I first checked out this book, but once I began to read it I had a better understand of how I felt about this book. I am sure you will too. =]
BasketballLuver
Helpful Bear
Helpful Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down